Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 15 January 2010
I chose to buy a CD rather than download because there are a number of obscure composers on the disc and I wanted to learn about them and their music. Sadly, these are the worst programme notes of all time. All you'll learn about Falconieri, for example, is that he's "groovy" and was a pioneer of crossover. In fact, you'll learn more about the man who chose Daniel Hope's clothes (Herr von Eden) for the publicity shots just by looking at the pics. The performances are OK - not great - but there's repertory you won't find elsewhere.
on 3 January 2010
Amazingly thoughtful yet flamboyant rendition of well known (and not so much) baroque pieces. Small ensemble with a truly huge sound... Note decay to die for... Will be truly appreciated on hi-end system.
on 29 December 2009
I bought this as a present for my husband as he heard one of the tracks on the radio and he thought it was great.I was unsure this was the correct CD because of the strange cover, but bought it and it is really good, even though it is not what I would usually buy.