5.0 out of 5 stars fab pocket watch
Published 22 months ago by kd1983

3.0 out of 5 stars Rotary Pocket Watch.
Watch was reliable and accurate for the first 3 months, then began to lose 1-2 minutes per day and kept stopping. It was returned under guarantee for repair and so far has been fine.
Published 9 months ago by STEPHEN W COPE

5.0 out of 5 stars fab pocket watch, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Mechanical Rotary Pocket Watch with White Dial Analogue Display & Skeleton Movement. Stainless Steel Case & Chain. Ref MP00712/01 (Watch)
I bought this for my fiancee for his 30th birthday. I had looked in local Jewelers and all were a lot more expensive and equally as nice. Once it arrived I was really impressed with the quality of the watch and all of the intricate workings. My fella absolutely LOVES this. He says its the best present he has ever had!!! It really is a lovely watch and definitly the best value of all I had looked at (and i looked a quite a fair few)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, 18 July 2012
Lovely watch with enclosed chain. Smooth click opening mechanism for two half-hunter lids. Ideal for wearing with a kilt outfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Present, 3 April 2013
Sally Campion "Sal" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this pocket watch for my husband for our anniversary. As he's recently been wearing waistcoats and bow ties when we go out, I thought the ideal present would be a pocket watch to go on his waistcoats!

I chose Rotary as it gives a lifetime guarantee and just seems more reliable than some of the cheaper models.

The watch itself is beautifully made and in the stainless steel just looks quality. It's keeping good time and looks very impressive.
I know my husband is going to love it when I present it to him on our anniversary....I can't wait to see his face!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, shiny pocket watch., 10 Jan 2013
I love it because it looks so cool. I love being able to see the workings of the watch and it has a chain for extra security.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rotary Pocket Watch., 12 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice watch, 12 Jan 2013
bought this watch for my husband for his birthday, and he was very pleased with it. was a fraction smaller than i imagined but was neatly packaged and lovely mechanism thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing Mechanical, 26 Mar 2014
Although small it does not disappoint: speedy delivery in perfect working order. It repesents a change of style and presentation highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 19 Jan 2014
Claire Baxter (Thrapston, England) - See all my reviews
I was really struggling on what to buy for a man that seems to have everything. When I stumbled across this pocket watch I knew this was the perfect gift. Luckily I was right, he absolutely loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket watch for the price, 10 Mar 2013
This watch is very good value for money. It looks good and being Rotary it has a lifetime warranty on the movement if you can be bothered to get it serviced every 3 yrs. The dial is clear and overall it looks amazing.
There some slight niggles and hence the 4 star. The outer shells feel and sound tinny because they are very thin steel, as does the loop for connecting a chain. The winder grates on the crown as well so that is also a bit off putting. As others have said the handbook is useless, so just ignore it and go on line for tips on how to look after a mechanical pocket watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pocket watch with fast delivery, 18 Nov 2012
Ordered from Amazon for 102 at about 13:00 on Thursday, and arrived at 10:30 Friday morning by special delivery. Order fulfilled by ESR of Chester who clearly did a great job.
I saw the same product on the high street for 165, so I got a 38% discount.
The watch is very good quality, my only two gripes being:
1) There was a burr (a small wisp of swarf from the machining process) on the inside of the watch cover when it arrived. Easily removed with a finger nail.
2) The cover release mechanism seems a bit "hit-and-miss" as to whether it opens the front cover with one push and the rear cover with a second push, or just opens both on the first push. A minor detail really though.
Seeing the mechanism of the watch is fascinating, with our children being equally amazed at the tiny mechanical engineering within.
The instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired, being a vague, generic pamphlet in the box. (I couldn't find a better one online either so this is not a failing of the seller.) The box claims the watch is waterproof, but the rest of the documentation implies it is not. (I wouldn't really expect a pocket watch to be waterproof, but how can I tell?)
For reference, we bought a hand blown glass pocket watch display case which protects and displays the watch when it's at home; far better than keeping it in a drawer, in my opinion. A quick internet search for antique clock / barometer shop in Shrewsbury should get you some results. (I don't want to advertise the shop name explicitly here.)
In all a really nice watch, with great price and service from Amazon / ESR of Chester.

ARRAY(0xab0bbb4c)