on 28 February 2012
Its just a really good tuner. I use it for clarinet flute and 3 different saxes its easy to use all u have to do is play a note its got a little inbuilt mic and the dislplay show what note u just played so easy to see if the instument is sharp or flat at all. Whats more i've had mine a long time and still the same batterys.
on 22 November 2010
Got this as the second guitar tuner i have ever owned after the other one lasted a couple of years. Have had this over a year now and still has the basic battery i first bought at that time. Works both through the mini mic for my acoustic and plugging in my electric. Not a single issue with and has kept my guitar tuned perfectly and very quickly too! It's light, compact, fits in my guitar bag and also i like the fact that it's silver so it does not just dissapear amongst my mass of black wires. If it eventually dies I am buying another! Great price too. I have seen cheaper, but don't think i'd trust a different brand.
on 18 February 2011
EXCELENT PRODUCT AND A GREAT PRICE. SAME ONE ON SALE IN LOCAL MUSIC STORE AT TWICE THE PRICE. SUGGEST YOU SPECIFY THIS IS FOR ALL INSTRUMENTS NOT JUST THE GUITAR. NEARLY DIDN'T BUY IT AS I WASN'T SURE IT WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR THE FLUTE.
on 21 February 2012
The Korg CA1 Chromatic Tuner is a brilliant piece of kit. It is reasonably compact, good battery life and is perfect if you are a guitarist. It is worth the money asked for it and comes complete with an LCD display and LEDs to represent if you are too flat or too sharp. It takes 2xAAA batteries that should come with it (mine did) and supposedly has around 100 hours of continuous usage before replacing them.

It can tune a variety of instruments most notably string instruments and the A note can be calibrated for specific instruments in levels of 1Hz between 410Hz and 480Hz. It has a built in microphone for acoustics and a one quarter inch jack socket for electric instrument leads. There is a notch in the back that allows you to slot a pick/plectrum into it to stand the tuner up if you want to. Comes with an auto-off function which saves battery life if it is not detecting any input. It automatically displays the note range you are in and how close you are to it. Its note range is said to be C1-C8 and it has marks on the LCD screen to indicate minor and major thirds. There is a function which allows you to sound notes for tuning by ear for the octave between and including C4-C5. The same button can be used to cycle through A4-Bb4 commonly associated for tuning wind instruments.

Only one single downside to it. The LCD display does not have a backlight which means tuning in darker conditions such as on stage is difficult or impossible.

Apart from the one downside, I rate this product highly for all levels of musician whether it be just starting off or all the way up to rockstar and beyond.

Function: 9.5 /10
User Friendly: 10/10
Looks: 9/10 (Black would be cooler in my opinion)
on 21 November 2012
This is an excellent little tuner, very straightforward to use, and if you're technophobic like myself and hate reading a hefty instruction manual before you can even start, take heart, this is for you - it's simplicity itself!..Not only will this ensure your instrument in perfectly tuned: additionally, if you're a conscientious musician, you could use it to develop your own sense of pitch to greater refinement..This is what you do: Tune your first string (A, in my case, being a cellist) with the aid of your tuner, then tune the next string, WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE TUNER to start with; when the interval sounds correct to you, check it against the reading on your tuner, then proceed to the next string similarly. You'll find you'll learn to listen in a far more focused and effective way that before, as you'll naturally be keen to get it right..Good luck and happy, tuneful music-making!

Thalia Vitali
on 27 February 2011
Good product - does the job. Would be a bonus if the screen could light up as I sometimes have to try and tune with poor lighting.
on 6 August 2011
We bought our son a junior guitar for his birthday and I wanted to make sure it was tuned correctly. Having no knowledge of such things, a friend who plays guitar recommended the Korg CA1 to me.

I have to say I'm very impressed wih it. It's simple to use and wasn't affected by a small amount of background noise.

I just had to read the instructions once, place the tuner on the chair beside me and it was easy as anything to get the guitar tuned.

I would recommend this to anyone who is tuning a guitar for the first time and is worried they wouldn't have a clue how to do it properly just by ear.

Very good price as well!
on 2 June 2011
I still have and regularly use a chromatic Korg tuner dating from the '90s, which cost about £60.00 then! It is an excellent product, so when I saw this new chromatic Korg tuner at such a low price I had to have it. Good decision. Superb little tuner at a bargain price.
on 6 November 2011
I never considered any kind of low tech solution to tuning. I bought this because I recognised and trusted the brand name. It works great with my electric guitar plugged into it or using the headphone out on my amp or using the built in microphone. For me the only down side is that the display needle is impossible to see except in a good light. However if you are only slightly out of tune you can rely on just the LEDs to guide you. More experienced players who have an array of pedals might prefer a floor based unit but these cost at least twice as much and more. I would recommend this unit.
on 19 June 2016
My classical guitar has never sounded so good. This is easy to use and very accurate. It is also very compact and works on batteries. This will work on a wide range of instruments - you can either plug it into the instrument or hold it close.