5.0 out of 5 stars Miley is having the time of her life
I'm 23 and absoultly love Miley so i had to have this CD i got mine delivered from america when it was released in the Wal-mart with her new clothing range. (i oculdnt wait till november lol)

I think she is a very talented singer and song writer :-) and has acheived so much so young i have even got my 26 year sister hooked on her music!

She has got...
Published on 10 Oct 2009 by O. Craske

1.0 out of 5 stars DULL, DULL, DULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published 5 months ago by JB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Miley is having the time of her life, 10 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)

She has got more edgy with her sound and its very rocky(pop rock) has hints of Ashlee Simpson to it

1. Kicking & Screaming -Certainly gets the album off to a kicking start very edgy not my face tho so i give this 4/5

2. Party In The U.S.A - Love this song gets me dancing all the time 5/5

3. When I Look At You - Not a stand out track 4/5

4. Time Of Our Lives - love this song very catchy 5/5

5. Talk Is Cheap - Again a rocky number with attitude 5/5

6. Obsessed -I love the chorus tune to this song and miley vocals are fantastic 5/5

7. Before The Storm (Duet with Jonas Brothers) - i have both version of this song live and unlive and its amazing (cannot tell the difference other then the obvious screaming lol) very catchy as well..and excellent very ballardy 5/5

8. The Climb - This is from the Hannah Montana movie and has to be one of my fave miley songs as you can really relate to the lyrics whoever you are...5/5

Overall i gave it 4/5 becuase i think she could have put more on the album but for the actual music which is what the review is for i give her 5/5 becuase she has done a good job i cannot stop listening to it ...cannot wait to see her live

Perfect for any Miley fan

5.0 out of 5 stars a new side of miley, 22 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
She was good as hannah montana she was better when she let us hear the miley stuff. With each new album miley shows us she is getting alot better as an artist and this album is one of her best yet:
Kicking and Screaming 9/10 a great rock song to get the album started!
Party In The USA 9/10 a great song i always want to get up and dance
When I Look At You 10/10 one of my fav songs! you can really hear a difference in this song! i nice slow song that has me singing along
Time Of Our Lives 10/10 another upbeat song that will have you on your feet! a very catchy beat to this aswell makes it another amazing song by her
Talk Is Cheap 9/10 not my fav song but its still a great listen
Obsessed 8/10 although this had some nice vocals i did not like it as much as some of the other tracks, it takes a few trys for me to get into it
Before The Storm (feat the Jonas Brothers 10/10 im not a fan of the jo bros but this song was awesome! the vocals by both were excelant and the chorus always has me singing along!
The Climb 10/10 i loved it on the hannah montana movie n soundtrack n i still love it on this cd! her voice is strong and alittle beautiful an amazing song to finish off the album!
this shows miley getting away abit from disney and thats great and i cannot wait to see more songs by this brilliant artist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Oct 2009
Miley yet again shows us why she is one of most well-known teenagers in the world. This album lets her vocal talents shine, and tracks Obsessed and When I Look At You proove she is also an extremely talented writer. It just doesn't really go wrong anywhere, definately recommended to anyone who can appreciate good music, the album shows how Miley keeps pushing boundaries and growing with every release of a new song or album. Amazing!
Heather in4merz

4.0 out of 5 stars Miley shows off a new-found maturity with these great new tracks, 12 Nov 2009
L. Green "Feltano" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
Miley Cyrus's 2008 album Breakout finally saw her appropriately `breaking out' of her alter-ego Hannah Montana, the blonde haired popstar she plays in the hit teen TV series of the same name. For those that have seen the show, so much of its success is down to Miley's bubbly, down to earth natural charm - and in a way she captures this essence in her music too.
Party in the USA, the lead single from this new 8 track EP, is a perfect example of this. What starts as a simple funky guitar line over a crisp beat soon plunges into an all out singalong pop chorus. Synths buzz away in the background as Miley delivers a humorous commentary on her own life and dealing with the pressures of fame. And of course there's the whole `and the Britney song was on' line. Now surely a song that references Miss Britney Spears herself deserves its place as one of the best pop singles of the year? Most definitely yes.

Interestingly, the rest of the EP is quite a departure in sound from Party In The USA. It's largely guitar driven and sonically a lot rawer than Miley's debut album. She is often accused as being yet another star off the glossy Disney conveyor belt, but the truth is that Miley's got quite an edge to her, best evidenced on upbeat stormer and EP opener Kicking and Screaming. With its punk leanings and infectious chorus you could easily see it in the hands of the likes of Paramore.

Special mention has to go to The Climb, the hit song from the Hannah Montana Movie released earlier this year. While its glossyness and rich production values might not be best representative of the other songs here, it has a maturity to it that lies at the heart of this EP. It's Miley stepping out from her teen-pop roots and proving herself as a musical star in her own right, her very own personal `climb'. As she belts out the chorus one final time it's more than a fair bit moving. Whether it's the lyrics or the sheer conviction Miley sings this track with, there's something here that really tugs at the emotions.

The rest of the EP doesn't quite live up to the high standards of aforementioned highlights, but it's a good solid listen that is sure to appease pop fans. The other songs comprise an even mix of big pop-rock ballads and sunny upbeat tracks, both delivering to equal success. As Miley herself sings in the theme tune to her show, `you get the best of both worlds!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Party in the UK, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
Ok so I got my hands on a copy from Wal-Mart thanx to a friend in the US and I have to say that the EP is incredible.

What I particularly like is the fact that although there are only 7 tracks on the US CD (The UK release will have an extra track "The Climb" taken from the Hannah Montana : The Movie soundtrack) there are different styles used and Miley shows what an outstanding musical talent she is. Whilst it is definetely aimed at an older audience than her Hannah Montana albums it is still going to be popular to any age (although she does say Pi$$ed in Talk is Cheap doesn't bother me but I know some parents may object).

1) Kicking & Screaming; this is a cover from the "I AM ME" album by Ashlee Simpson. It's a very uptempo rock song and really good track to kick off the album. 4/5

2) Party in the USA; another uptempo song and really, really catchy. Will get you dancing and bouncing around without too much trouble. 5/5

3) Talk is Cheap; another Rock track and this one is defenitely aimed at the older teen audience, certainly edgier than any of her previous tracks or work but again after a few plays you'll thoroughly enjoy it 5/5

4) When I Look At You; The first ballad style song and one of my favourite tracks on the album to listen too, Taken from the film "The Last Song" which is due for release next year (Miley is the lead character) accompanied by a piano which Miley is seen playing in the video this is a really beautiful song which lyrics which feel so right, 5/5

5) The Time of our Lives; Obviously the title song of the album, it's a very funky song and it's yet another song which gets you humming and dancing without too much difficulty. 5/5

6) Obsessed; This track is another balland and always makes me think about the first time I fell in love, not being able to concentrate speaking for hours on the phone, how every conversation feels like I haven't spoken to her for days even when it's only been a couple of hours, this just feels so personal and again Miley sings it so well. 5/5

7) Before The Storm; is a live recording with the Jonas Brothers, this track is all about Nick and Mileys relationship and you can really tell how personal it is in the way that they sing, took me a couple of plays to get into it but I would definetely rate it. 5/5

8) The Climb; May sound stupid but this track had a profound effect on my life earlier on in the year when I was at a really low point, the lyrics are so strong and emotive and speak from & to the heart. Obviously is goes without saying that this track rates 10/10 everytime

Overall this album is fantastic and playing constantly on my MP3 player, If you buy it (and I would really recommend it) then I would say play every track 3 or 4 times before making any final decisions as some of the tracks kind of grow on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
It is a good album but it has only eight songs. Although it has the smash hits Party in The U.S.A. and The Climb. I look forward for Miley's next album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 Jun 2011
Before The Storm 8/10
The Climb 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars For all Miley fans..., 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
If you're a Miley Cyrus fan, I'm sure you'll love this CD...purchased for my 12 year old daughter & she just loves every song on this CD & has played in constantly since Christmas, particularly Miley's latest single 'Party in the USA'.

1.0 out of 5 stars DULL, DULL, DULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
This is typical dull American teen-angst nonsense. There's not one catchy, remarkable song among this collection - this album feels like it was rushed together to capitalise on Cyrus' Hannah Montana fame. It's all full of what American teens would probably call "life lessons" - it's banal, dull, and why the live version of the terrible duet with the Jonas brother was included is anyone's guess. Why stick a live version into a studio album, when it's not even the deluxe version?

Here's the "life lesson" I took from this album - don't buy any more Miley Cyrus records .......

4.0 out of 5 stars Miley album, 4 Mar 2010
A. Barton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
Bought this for my daughter for her birthday. She loves it and says it has a great selection of tracks on it. The cd arrived quickly after we ordered it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Time Of Our Lives
The Time Of Our Lives by Miley Cyrus (Audio CD - 2009)