4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable selection - messed up listing!
Published on 14 Dec 2009 by T. Gupta

3.0 out of 5 stars Now 74
Published on 21 Nov 2009 by L. Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars Now 74, 21 Nov 2009
L. Carroll - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
I,ve just recieved now 74 which I have anxiously waited for since it was available for pre-order but was really dissappointed with the track list. I've always bought the 'now' cds but I've got 2 say this one seems to have been released a bit too late as alot of the artists have new songs out now such as black eyed peas,jls,lady gaga and sugababes. And why on earth are songs like Leona's new one happy and Alexandra Burke's bad boys not on it at all. Nope,not impressed at all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable selection - messed up listing!, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
Received my CD today and am pleased as always - it has a good selection of pop and other styles that I might not even be aware of being 'in' just now, and the recordings are of very good quality. The one VERY ANNOYING thing is that for the second time the track listings are all mixed up on CDs: when I try to upload the songs to my player it's showing track listings for a completely different CD! The same thing happened with Now 73 which I also ordered through AMAZON - the track listings where for NOW 71 or 72! Very inconvenient, as you have to input all that info yourself - anyone else had the same problem?

In terms of the CD being up to date - many of the tracks were the ones that I expected in Now 73, like JLS's Beat Again, Lady Gaga's Paparazzi or even Black Eyed Peas. And, as other reviewers pointed out, Alexandra's Bad Boys are not on. But I guess it takes time and they have to tease with what's going to be in the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes me feel young all over again, 8 Feb 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
This apparently is the latest in the series of Now That's What I Call Music series (or "Nowthat'swhatIcallmusic" for short) and it has reached the amazing 74th volume. I buy each and every one and I now have lots of them. My granddaughters think I'm out of touch with the hit parade but I know all about Titchy Spider, The Chipmunks, Dizzy Ruffian, Wheresme Dentures and CRS. Although a lot of it is boom-boom music and you can't make out the words these days, there are some great songs on these CDs. My favourite was "Get Shaky" by the Rev. George Carey although whether they did manage to find my favourite Welsh rock and roller it isn't clear. Maybe I have to buy volume 75 to find out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another chapter has been written, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
The official track listing has just been announced by NOW...

Disc 1

Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
The Day I Died - Just Jack
Outta Here - Esmée Denters
Ghosts 'n' Stuff - deadmau5 feat. Rob Swire

Judging by this track listing this is a very good CD indeed, surpassing both NOW 72 and NOW 73. Some great songs are however mysteriously absent like Alexandra Burke's "Bad Boys" (a travesty that this song isn't on it in my opinion!), Take That's top 10 "Said It All", Britney Spears' "3", Lady GaGa's "Love Game", JLS' "Everybody In Love", Leona Lewis' upcoming single "Happy", Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone", Westlife's "What About Now", Pussycat Dolls' "Hush, Hush; Hush, Hush", and possibly others too.

I would still recommended this CD to everyone who wants to complete their NOW collection with this latest installment, or music fans who wants to own some of the most popular songs from the last 3-4 months. A piece of music history is captured, and I am sure will be cherished for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call an excellent present because -, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
anything that's been going for more than 28 years can't be bad. I gave my daughter a 'Now that's what I call music (the number escapes me)' when she was 8, she's 36. Santa gave my grand daughter a small music/DVD/games 'thingy' for Christmas (well I am a Grand Ma - I'm not exactly clued up on these things anymore). This January she was 7, for her birthday I gave her Now 74. She was on the phone with the music going in the back ground within 5 minutes of opening it. I have since read the other, more in depth, reviews of the actual music content. I must admit I would not have been able to purchase the CD on the strength of them because this is not my kind of music. I relied, instead, upon the undeniable truth, if it's fashionable, or current if you prefer, it will do for a youngster. The final word should go to my grand daughter who said, "there are a few tracks that aren't so good Grand Ma, but the rest make up for them and you can just skip the ones you don't like that aren't so good to dance to". I hope you find her comments useful

3.0 out of 5 stars "Now 74", 13 Jan 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
The CD was for a Christmas present. The replacement CD, finally arrived on the 10th January, we're still waiting for the original to arrive.
The company that supplied the CD was helpful after they realised the product still hadn't arrived by the 5th Jan. The original was delayed, they told us, because there was a problem with the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now 74, 31 Dec 2009
J. C. Jefferies "TheChainlink" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
Now 74 has all the latest music from the past few months. I bought this as a christmas present for my sister, as it makes a great gift with a selection of different songs. All the songs on the two cds are Pop genre and there are 21 number one hit singles. The cds include artists such as, Cheryl Cole, Black Eyed Peas, Pixie Lott and JLS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teenagers!!!, 1 Feb 2010
A. Woods (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
I can't compete with the other reviews since I bought this CD for my 14-year old son for Christmas and he loved it so I think it must be great for teenagers!!! I have not listened to it myself. One of the other reviews is very detailed so if you want to know about each track do see the review by T. Atkins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 13 Jun 2014
Allison J. Dunne "Marble" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
Fast delivery and a great price what more can one ask for! It's nice to get some retro tunes. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition so a happy bunny : )

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 74 (Audio CD)
There is not much to say apart from the person loved it and it was a great present for anyone

Now That's What I Call Music! 74
Now That's What I Call Music! 74 by Now Music (Audio CD - 2009)