Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 November 2009
I should start out by saying that I am a big fan of the parodies, they have made me laugh a lot and so I bought the album blind.

Needless to say (by my score) I was disappointed mainly because I found the tracks over-produced. For example I preferred the Dance Wiv Me from the Radio. But this album does give you the full song with all the trimmings. Some people may really like that but I preferred the rawness of the originals.

Some of the tracks are much better in the short bursts that they were originally played in (whether recorded like that or not). For me nanawindow and barak obama are good examples of this.

On a positive note, if you never tracked these down on the internet or couldn't be bothered, this is a fun reminder and for keeps!

My main bit of advice is listen to samples on Amazon or itunes and decide before jumping in.
on 29 November 2009
I wouldn't normally write a review for a product I haven't purchased but after reading the extreme and some what ridiculous reviews for this item, I decided to put forward a balanced opinion to counteract the unhelpful childish comments from some people seem to be inexplicably outraged by it. The fact that they took time out of their apparently culture filled days to write a review on what they feel to be such a trivial subject suggests they're obviously not as above it as much as they would like to believe. Calling the millions of people who do enjoy listening to Chris Moyles childish names would seem to be a little immature, after all surely it's all just a bit of fun, if you don't like it you don't have to listen and can choose something more middle of the road and less challenging such as Radio 2, preferably while writing more meaningful and useful reviews about items considered a little more high-brow.

Anyway back to the album. I enjoy listening to the parodies on the breakfast show but a large part of their humour is related to the timing of their release and the poor quality of their recording. By re-releasing at a later date and improving the recording quality, unfortunately I believe a lot of the humour is lost. The songs are not works of genius and people not used to listening to the show are unlikely to find them funny as they are more of an in-joke amongst fans who know the show. Fans of the show are likely to find some enjoyment from the album, be it short-lived.

In short this is most certainly a niche product which is no more or less than what it states on its cover. Anyone who has some intelligence and a sense of humour should realise this and will know whether they are likely to enjoy it or not, without being ridiculously offended by its presence.
44 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2010
Judging by the amount of 1-star and 5-star reviews compared to the rest, its safe to say this is an album you will either love or hate. I had this on my wish list for ages and, as a fan of the radio show and lover of the parody tracks, was looking forward to this Xmas pressie more than any others. When it came I eagerly put it on to convince my husband how funny it was, and ended up being very embarrassed and pressing the 'skip' button after the first verse of most of them. That said, 'lorry driver' is still a favourite of mine, even though it sounds different to how it did on the radio (over-worked / cleaned up too much). The same happened with 'nana window'. I was hoping to see some other tracks on there including the Santa one etc, but this is nothing that other people haven't already said in their reviews. Some tracks I can't comment on as I've tried to forget them already.
You'd like to think that Chris and his producers will try and read these reviews to get feedback through unbiased public opinion, and if so I hope this mixed reaction from Amazon customers doesn't put him off releasing a second album. As long as they take on board what is being said and put it right next time round. Saying that, I don't think I'd buy a second album, I'd only buy a couple of the individual tracks, as the 'filler' songs are a complete waste of money. p.s. is it me or don't they play the parody songs on the show anymore? Haven't heard any for ages.
VINE VOICEon 25 November 2009
How sad that so many people are using this space to vent their hatred of Chris Moyles rather than actually review the product.

Moyles has been doing parodies for a number of years now on his Radio 1 show. A lot of them have been very popular as 'illegal' downloads and ringtones, now they're all available as quality recordings on one album. For anyone who hasn't heard them before, Moyles and the team take various popular hits and rerecord them with alternative lyrics, for example 'Lorrydriver' instead of 'Womaniser' (Britney Spears) and 'I Predict A Diet' instead of 'I Predict A Riot' (Kaiser Chiefs). If you don't like this idea (or Chris Moyles) then you won't probably won't like the album. If you do then this is a great collection of amusing songs to make you smile. It's not groundbreaking musical genius but it is funny and original and a good Christmas present for fans of the Breakfast Show.

To all the people who said this should be a charity album: why? Various X Factor / Britain's Got Talent wannabes release albums full of covers every year and nobody says they should be for charity. At least Moyles has put a bit of effort in to changing the lyrics. I don't see Susan Boyle or Rhydian selling their albums for charity so why should Chris Moyles?
on 30 December 2009
I really enjoyed this album playing it on Boxing day with it making everyone laugh from my cousins to grandma. i do however prefer some of the ones on the radio, when they were done a bit quicker and not made to sound quite so serious. Me and my cousin were sad to find that my lamb bhuna wasn't on there :( but it is really funny! and well worth buying!
on 26 December 2009
In itself on the show these parodies, slightly naff without overly clever lyrics, can be quite good fun. I'm a long term fan of Chris and the Gang and think the show is great and don't buy into people saying he's got an inflated ego.

However this album hints of somebody taking themselves and their singing just a tad too seriously. There is not the quality in either the writing or the singing to make this worthwhile putting out as product and Chris should look seriously at himself. Interestingly when he did celebrity X Factor he did really well when he was having fun and then fell flat on his backside when he started taking himself too seriously..something that seems to have happened here.

Poor piece of work.
on 21 January 2010
There are some great tracks on this album, addicted to place, the boy does plenty, Liar. It's a shame some aren't as good, like funeral song and it's never going to snow and last track on the album. Album track isn't great either but I get the poke at artists who put filler songs on their albums. From listening to the radio show I know they didn't get approval for all the tracks they wanted so that is why there aren't as many of Chris and Dave's parodys on here as I would have liked. I think for what you get it's value for money and recomend you buy a copy.
on 4 January 2010
I really love this album, it's very funny and really just fantastic. There are some really great parodies on here, for example, I personally love the funeral song - and as it's for charity, well worth a buy.
on 26 February 2012
I bought this from a charity shop for £2, and was disappointed even at that price.

I am not a Chris Moyle's hater by any means. I don't listen to him every day, but when I do catch his show I find it amusing. The same cannot be said for this album unfortunately.
I have heard Chris' parodies before, one that stuck in my mind was his cover of 'Let me Entertain you', in which he poked fun at Robbie Williams, who at the time had put on some weight. That was funny. Hearing Chris replace the lyrics of Britney's 'Womanizer', with lyrics about Lorry drivers, is not.

Mark and Lard did this kind of album well, because the humour came from their characters. Weird Al has made a career out of doing this, but he is on a completely different level to Moyles. The musical quality is far better, and Al's talent for parodies is even more evident when you hear this album.

Ironically the one track I found myself almost enjoying was Comedy Dave's album track, a song playing off the fact it's an album track and, as such, supposedly not very good.

I can't think who I could recommend this to. If you want to hear someone with an average (at best) singing voice, changing the lyrics of songs to words that sound similar, buy it. If like the majority of us, you don't, then steer clear. Even if it's £2.
on 1 December 2009
Thank you Chris and the team from those of us who appreciate this for what it is, a laugh and I'm sure your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek when you recorded it, as was mine when listening to it. For those who gave this album 1 star did you actually listen to it before reviewing it ?, probably not. If you don't like Chris Moyles and his type of humour - fine don't buy this and don't listen to his radio show, but please accept that there are those who do enjoy this. This album was made to make people smile, not to be taken seriously. We need people like Chris and his team to keep us smiling when there's so much doom and gloom around. Chris Moyles get slated for his views on various things but unlike a lot of people he's more than happy to take criticism back. Enjoy Christmas everyone (even the one star people), I will and yes I'll probably be listening to the parody album on Christmas day.