5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!
Quite literally a beautiful screen, perfect for my set-up (I already had a 23 inch widescreen) now I have a dual DVI set-up, and this monitor doubles up as a TV, connected to my PC and Virgin Media so I can watch cable and browse the web.

Definitely worth the price!
Published on 31 Aug 2010 by Gareth B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a few problems
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by It's mart93

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 31 Aug 2010
Gareth B (Enfield, England) - See all my reviews

Definitely worth the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a few problems, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Samsung P2470HD 24-inch Full HD 1080p Widescreen LCD TV/Monitor (5ms, 1000:1, HDMI) (Personal Computers)
This product lives up to Samsung's high standard of picture quality. I bought the P2470HD primarily for use with my xbox 360. It has very sharp images that don't blur under movement making it ideal for gamers. However, when you are gaming, the experience wouldn't be complete without the sound and thats what is missing here. The audio quality is poor with it's lack of depth, even after adjustments in the settings menu. Honestly, you would get better quality sound from your phone. I managed to bypass this problem by hooking the tv up through my stereos surround sound speakers, but for those who plan to use the tv's built in speakers, the sound will get on your nerves.
I also use this as a tv using the built in digital tuner to get all of the freeview channels. As a tv it isn't at all bad, the programme guide is very slick and user friendly and it takes two minutes to tune into all of the 50 or so channels automatically with no trouble at all!
Overall, this could so easily be an excellent tv/monitor with it's combination of good picture quality, sleek styling and ability to be used as a tv and a monitor. But again, the sound just leaves a bad taste in your mouth and leaves you doubting whether you made the right decision buying this product. Shame on you samsung for not spending a little more time and effort on the speakers. This could have easily been a real winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good combined PC/TV; you may wish to supplement speakers, 20 April 2011
I'm using this screen as a computer monitor. It was easy to set up and works fine. The stylish touch buttons on the monitor also function fine and the menus are easy to use. Externally, it's a handsome piece of kit with a tasteful burgundy or red wine tinge around the stand and screen surround. There's virtually no rotation left and right, but the monitor is tiltable, even though it doesn't feel like it - in fact it feels like the unit might break with the amount of force required, but at least it stays where you leave it. Overall I'm happy with a good looking screen that's easy to use and set up and works fine as a PC monitor.

However, I have tried this set as a TV, and compared to my Sony Bravia the picture quality was of a lower standard; somehow the pixels seemed to cluster. Negative reviews I see here fault this screen for light bleed, and I find the same - 1-2 cm of significantly lighter area at the top and bottom are clearly visible when the screen is blank, but not really noticeable otherwise. A youtube review also noted that the green spectrum seems overemphasized with the proviso that you would have to put different monitors side-by-side to notice, and here I also agree but didn't need a direct comparison; looking at some familiar photos with e.g. trees and grass, the greens do seem emphasized. I did try adjusting my screen, but reducing the green had the undesirable effect of enhancing the red, so I'll stick with what I have. Initial set up as a TV was also pleasingly easy, including scanning channels.

Even with my PC I use external speakers, as the quality of the monitor speakers is more than a little tinny. I would be somewhat disappointed using this set as a TV with sound like that.

Nevertheless, I give this screen four stars. Good looking, easy to use, a fairly good picture as a PC monitor and tolerable as a TV, useful sockets on the back, good price and a very reasonable all-rounder. Very good as a combined PC/TV, perhaps nearing excellent if you combine with desktop speakers. The niggles I point out so you can go ahead with eyes wide open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung P2470HD, 26 Nov 2010
Finally I took the plunge and purchased the Samsung P2470HD. After looking at several different models in store I selected this particular monitor. The resolution at 1080p is stunning with very sharp images. I am involved in web design and photo editing and have found the size of screen a transformation. I can now have larger work spaces which reveal more of the projects I am working on. The set up is extremely straight forward - plug and play. The monitor will automatically assume you are using it as a TV and will start scrolling for channels. The remote will alllow you to define a PC monitor and you can then set up screen resolutions within your control panel. Extremely happy with this product. Only down side is the monitor screen can not be adjusted to different angles (fixed stand).

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with the P2470HD, 2 Jan 2011
The first TV-monitor I received was faulty as the tilt mechanism was loose/defect so the monitor was stable only in the extreme positions. Amazon send me a second one within a couple of days,which I received on the same day that my faulty monitor was collected. The second monitor came with what I initially thought was a fixed stand. There have been some remarks about the monitor being completely fixed. This is not true, but the monitor needs some force to tilt. You could argue that this adds to the stability of the unit. So the tilt is OK but there is no swivel option, I can live with that. Setup was easy. Quality of analogue TV 5/10, Virgin Cable via scart 7/10 and Freeview terrestial 8/10 compared to the Sony Bravia that I have which I would rate 8.5/10 on Freeview. The monitor setting was initially far too bright but there is an internet setting that does the job. You can adjust the picture brightness etc. of this monitor/TV independently for the PC, freeview and Cable, which I thought was great. Monitor picture I rate 7/10 but I expect a quality improvement once I get the DVI cable to link-up digitally with my PC. The audio of the unit itself is not too bad (6/10) but my Logitech X230 external speakers are much better. The great thing was that the setup allows to feed an audio cable in from your PC and link your external speakers to the audio out of the TV. So once you switch from PC to TV the audio signal switches as well and you can enjoy the superior sound of the external speakers from either the PC or the TV, without switching any audio cables. I discovered that you can also switch from PC to terrestial TV or Cable, adjust the sound, channels and access the menu without the use of the remote, simply by touching the area next to the On button at the front of the TV. I am very pleased with this TV/monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen well equipped., 3 Aug 2011
Very nice TV, works well at 1920x1080 with a laptop provided gpu scaling is enabled. Although for gaming without slight lagg connection from a better ge-force or ATI card via a desktop computer would be better suited.
It up scales .avi files very nicely and even if they are small file sizes things are very watchable e.g. cam corder videos.

The sound is fine for movies, and the tv tuner is very good for analogue channels (don't pickup freeview in my area). The SRS surround sound feature is the best part of the sound, and it is a bit tinny for listening to music, some but not that much bass to it (but that is what the headphone out slot can be used for-to connect some speakers which works great).

Picture clarity is crisp and nice through hdmi, and rgb scart as i've only tested those so far. There are plenty of options for changing the picture for different input sources which is excellent. Picture doesn't glare in sunlight.
A powersave option for anybody who wants to use that also.

There is a firmware upgrade on the samsung website for July 2011 which I used. Is extremely easy to do, though I have no idea what the benefits are - but it does let you go back to the previous version which is awesome and a surprise!

It doesn't tilt much if at all, and sits straight. Is not that heavy nor bulky. But once unwrapped the outer plastic shell is beggining to pickup dust quite easily at least for me.

The remote that comes with it is impressive and can work perfectly at most ranges even when turned the other way with your hand in front of it, but not pressing directly against it.

Would highly reccomend to anybody who wants a great very inclusive tv.

Negatives but not really negatives in a way:
Only 1 HDMI port
No usb plug and play compatability
Sound is not as punchy as the 32" samsung TVs.
Seems to be attracting slight dust, but I expect most other monitors do in the same way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still getting the hang of things, 6 Jan 2011
Like other buyers I initially thought this screen could not be tilted, but I followed the instructions left as a comment in one of the other reviews: 'You just put the flat of one hand on the base whilst pushing back on the top middle of the TV and it moves slowly. look at this link and you'll see how to do it.'
[...]

After exhaustively looking for a you-tube video on the above link and finding nothing helpful, I tried following the above suggestion exactly and it worked first time. As long as your weight is firmly on the hand placed on the base panel, the monitor moves smoothly backwards without much effort at all.

The only problem I have so far encountered is that the power cable tilts out of the back of the monitor very easily, thus cutting the power and I have had to resort to wedging a paper 'plug' under the cable to hold it in. This seems to do the trick, though I do think it could be better designed as such an obvious problem should have been resolved pre-manufacture. Other than that I am finding the instructions a tad challenging, but that might well be lack of experience with the latest technology. My previous TV was 20 years old! The picture quality is superb, though I had to buy some longer cables to connect it to my laptop, due to its position and function as a TV with DVD player. So far 8 out of 10, but might have to request new power cable - time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV and Equally good monior, 26 Dec 2010
After touring Comet Currys and the other usual suspects I finally decided to purchase this model and I was not disappointed. The quality of the picture is outstanding and the device is very capable of handling even the fastest action. The sound is acceptable as long as you are not looking for a hi fi system. I would have no hesitation in recommending this unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sleek But With Downsides..., 18 April 2010
A. Xiradakis - See all my reviews
The TV is sleek and the quality of the picture very good but the polished surfaces of the panel and the stand are a magnet for dust. The biggest downside for me however, is that the panel is fixed on the stand and cannot be tilted up / down or swivel. Unless you are planning to fix the panel on a fully functional wall bracket, you will find this limitation extremely frustrating, especially if you also wish to link it to your PC for multimedia use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 20 Jan 2014
C. Worrall (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this item when I constructed an office in my loft.
What I wanted was a computer monitor that had enough graphics to do my engieering designs and also be used as a TV. OK I also needed a TV arial with a signal amplifier but now I have my own personnel den complete with TV. Now if only Virgin would come up with a multi room system for my Sky Sports channel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›