on 7 February 2012
I was apprehensive to take the plunge on this, thinking that there surely couldn't be a justifiable performance benefit worthy of the extra cash spent on this mat. Being one who is willing to try new things in the name of comfort however, I decided to give it a go. I am very pleased overall and have used this not only for gaming, but also in the office where I spend long stretches of my day mousing vigorously.

This mat has a surprisingly low amount of drag, which adds up over time. I feel less fatigued than before when using this mat in long bouts. Paired with my Logitech mx518 I certainly have the most comfortable mouse setup in the office, and it has met or exceeded my expectations for home/gaming use as well. My only caution would be that after transporting to/from work constantly, the edge has begun to fray to a small degree; for this slight shortcoming in durability I have to deduct one star.

Overall I am quite pleased but given the price I would have hoped for the construction to be a bit more robust.

Edit: Having purchased a second one of these, I discovered that Razer have begun to stitch the edge of this mat with a strong string which prevents fraying and feels comfortable under the wrist. I have raised my rating from 4 to 5* to reflect this.
on 17 October 2013
After my old mouse mat wore down to a nub I decided not to replace it and just used the desk surface instead. I suspect this was hindering my gaming performance so I then decided to fork out some money to get a descent mouse mat. Since most of my other gear was from Razer it made sense to give the Goliathus a go and I am thoroughly impressed with it.

After I laid it out and put my razer mouse down I loaded up a few rounds of COD multiplayer and immediately noticed an increase in my scores. This can be attributed to the high quality of the material that has almost no friction whatsoever allowing my mouse to glide effortlessly on the surface.
The material also happens to be very soft making it ideal to rest your hand on it for extended gaming sessions.
My only gripe is that while the bottom of the mouse mat is quite grippy it doesn't quite cling to the desk surface, this is mainly because of the reinforced stitching around the edges that causes it to lift slightly.
While this is only a slight negative it's probably for the best as it stops the material from fraying which is something the older razer mouse mats had a problem with.

All in all this happens to be a very good mouse mat and ideal for gamers. Highly recommended.
on 6 March 2013
Had to contact the supplier as it had not arroved and was a couple of days past the expected date. I understand that sometimes there are delay and just wanted to know when I could expect the mat to arrive. The supplier was very applologetic and dispatched a replacement may which got to me within a couple of days, super service.

The mat was a present for my daughter,. she loves it, definately worth every penny and is a quality piece of kit. Will definately use the supplier again.
on 28 August 2010
OK well let's start off by saying that it's just Mouse pad at the end of the day... If you're looking for something to give you the edge in gaming you need to be looking for a new Mouse.

It's got a nice surface, very smooth for the mouse. It looks cool and it's a Razer product. "Welcome to the cult of Razer" is the phrase they have on some of their boxes and now looking at my Razer Lycosa keyboard, Razer DeathAdder mouse and Razer Goliath Mousepad I realise what they mean...

If you too are looking to complete the set, or just looking for the label of a 'Gaming Mousepad' then this is ideal. It has the brand, it has the look, it has the feel and it's at a low price compared to most other gaming pads. It's also a normal size for a mousepad... Most other pads in this market take up half your desk!

A mouse pad can only improve your 'aim' so much. This mouse pad is both smooth and sensitive so I can't really see how a £30 mousepad can help you much more than this one can.
Definitely worth it... but only if you're looking to buy a gaming pad.

Cons: I'd have prefered it in blue to match my other Razer products..
on 23 March 2012
Make sure you get the right size, I ordered the smallest without really checking, my fault. But to be fair the smallest one is still plenty big enough if your using a good mouse that does need much movement to get the curser from one side of the screen to the other.

I make it from one side of the screen to the other on my 23 inch 1920x1080 monitor with plenty of space.

The mouse moves nicer on the mat than it does without it, i didn't even have a cheap one to compare with, but if your like me and didn't even use a mousemat before, get one. ;)

Sound silly really but I never gamed, i never had the computer to do so, but then i built my computer and i needed a decent mouse mat.

If you find the price steep, get a cheaper one, but this is good compared to my very old one i never even used because it cost me a pound from Wilkinson's, and it moved all over the place, The bottom of the mat is rubber and stays put. Its perfect, and looks epic! Make sure you get a decent one with rubber on the bottom otherwise it will just piss you off. :)
on 8 May 2010
Seeing alot of the other Razer mouse mats on amazon which are nearly double the price of this one! This mouse mat is amazing, everything glides along perfect with my Razer Naga mouse, it's not too big which some of the others as i've noticed are. TBH with the sensitivity of most "Good" gaming mice out there you don't need anything bigger than this at all. (Something i was sceptical about when i bought it was the size, most of the others are massive. This is exactly the size i was after!) All in all good mat, grips anything (I game with laptop so try different surfaces) great size and quality. Best mouse mat on amazon by far for what the price is! I would reccomend this as your best choice if you're reading reviews and trying to find one that's not stupidly priced but works with high-quality gaming laser mice. This is as good as any of those priced at £20 - £30 i would seriously put money on it that you wouldn't notice a difference.
on 9 September 2010
This mouse mat is amazing. Friction between the mouse and surface is very low. My twin-laser mouse doesn't loose tracking at any time or jump or anything like that. It's a good size for my desk (the space challenged edition is the same size as my old mouse mat, about A4 size).
It's not very thick or heavy but it has a rubberized back and so does not move about on the desk. Looks quite hard wearing, I wouldn't have thought it was cloth as it looks like it's made out of some high-tech futuristic material. Nice!

I am just so impressed with this mouse mat, it is just so smooth and consistant! It makes it seem like I was using a towel before, there is a massive difference between this and my previous mats (although this is my first gaming-grade mat). For the price I thought was a really worthwhile buy.

Recommendation: Get one!
on 31 January 2012
This mat is both comfortable and functional. The weave appears to be incredibly thick and the edges are tightly sealed, and on the whole it feels very robust.

Like a lot of the other reviewers here I was very sceptical about how useful one of these mats could be, but after purchase there's been a marked improvement in my gaming performance and I really couldn't be happier.

Just bear in mind that when you order this, you're buying the SMALLEST one (the picture is very misleading) so if you're looking for something a little bigger in the same price range, I'd advise checking out steel series (who's mats are more square in shape and give a little extra in size) but for me, this mat is perfect and fits perfectly wherever I need it.
on 2 September 2013
I needed a new mouse mat to replace my old one which wasn't a gaming mouse mat. As soon as I put it on my desk and attempted to move it around it didn't which is great. The mouse mat is also comfortable which is good. It was worth the money.
on 21 February 2016
I've had this mat for almost 3 years and it is still going strong.
While some people don't use mouse mats I don't particularly enjoy the sound or the feeling of a mouse on a desk surface.
I was slightly apprehensive at first as the cost of this mat was quite high in comparison to other options, however I'm extremely happy with this mat.
I have had it for almost 3 years and I still use it every day and there is no wear and tear, the only noticeable age is the slightly discoloured "Goliathus" logo.
The mat has an extremely good grip on the desk surface and for me there is just the right amount of friction on the mouse even after 3 years of daily use; could not be happier with this product or recommend it more.