5.0 out of 5 stars My boyfriend loves this...
Published on 15 May 2012 by Dizza

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on winter/polar buff
Published 9 months ago by EC

5.0 out of 5 stars My boyfriend loves this..., 15 May 2012
This review is from: Buff Wool Buff Multifunctional Headwear (Sports)
I bought this for my boyfriend, who has just really got into merino wool for all his cycling needs. He loves it so much, and wears it all the time, even now that it's getting warmer! Merino is great for sports as it is warming but also dries very fast so doesn't leave you cold with sweat. As well as that, because it is natural fibre rather than synthetic, it doesn't smell! A really great gift for yourself or for yourself! I would even recommend it to non-sporty people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on winter/polar buff, 29 Mar 2014
Bought this as I wanted one in plain red. Very disappointed. Loose fitting and sags around the neck, it feels the same as an ordinary buff. Completely different to polar/winter buffs which are great. Waste of money. Could buy this in a market for fraction of cost. Wouldn't buy it again. Similar review elsewhere I see. Have to give it a star but would give negative if I could. Very good delivery though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 6 May 2014
I have a fleece combined one and although great it is for really cold weather only! Hence my purchase of this Merino Wool one. Fab Fab and Fab is all I can really say. I get a bit claustrophobic putting material over my mouth and nose but in a recent walk in seriously inclement weather I can safely say I wore this up over my face and it was warm and comfortable. No smell either despite wearing it non stop even in my sleeping bag for a few days. A good buy! (oh it does wash well although I only washed in 30 degrees).

4.0 out of 5 stars A great cold weather supplement to keep with you at all times., 22 Dec 2014
Expensive for just 1/4 metre square of wool!
For what it is, it does make a very comfortable, compact and incredibly versatile garment; much more than just an extremely pocketable woollen scarf. In it's simplest function it neatly keeps one's neck warm however where it's excels is with my cycle helmet, keeping wind chill off my ears and face, or similarly combined with a hat when standing at freezing windswept bus stops. At other times it itself serves as a hat that's not over-warm whilst working outside, in a garage, garden or in my cold studio. - I find its lightness in general ideal for not overheating while active outdoors.

I definitely would not be without one now, indeed I'd buy several more if they were priced more reasonably but I still balk at paying £20 for a square (okay tube) of fabric (albeit nice fabric) the size of the rags under my sink. (RRP £25 - I think Buff are being greedy!)

Cost aside, I wholeheartedly recommend owning one - (one star docked for price)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you hate handwashing, 14 Mar 2014
Big bummer that this item is handwash only. Lovely design and feels goods. Used it for a long run on a cold day but popped in quick and cool wash afterwards....It managed to remove most of the print which is a shame as it as lovely. If you have the patience and inclination to handwash then you will be happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you look smart and keeps you warm, 27 Jun 2014
Great headwear/neckwear for both sexes. Smart and practical. Get one and you'll see!

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 12 Mar 2014
This is a very versatile item which is lightweight and packs down very small. It can be used as a hat, a balaclava or a facemask. I tend to use mine to cover my mouth and nose when it is very cold. It is thin but it does make a difference and your breath can pass through it reasonably easily. It's not cheap and there are cheaper versions which don't use merino wool. But I love the feeling of merino - slightly cool on the skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product if you can get what you ordered., 22 Feb 2014
I bought one of these for my Husband and my son, they are great, they look good and they are warm and light. I finally ordered one for myself, colour "azalea" which is a brown/black pattern and I was sent a bright pink one! I returned it and re-ordered my preferred colour, again a bright pink one arrived. As this company states that there are no-refunds, I called Amazon direct and they kindly arranged a refund. It's a shame because I would have liked one but too frustrating a journey to try and obtain one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quality, 5 Jan 2014
What a beautiful garment so thin you would not think it was wool. Really impressed now to check it on the slopes

5.0 out of 5 stars Buff lover, 2 Jan 2014
I own a few Buffs now, these wool ones are great for dog walking etc, I don't use wool ones for running, too nice to ruin. Very comfy, a bit longer than the standard buffs and as with all buffs the patterns on offer are great