5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little bike for the money
Published on 5 Oct 2010 by K. Calvett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality and not safe
This bike looks the part, my 3 year old loved it when we bought it for her birthday. It has everything a little girl would want - pink and purple colours, a seat for teddy / baby, streamers on the handlebars etc. It's about as girly as you could get.

Published on 3 Jun 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality and not safe, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)

However, the wheels on this bike are terrible quality - they were both warped on arrival and the 'tyres' on the bike are not inflatable or removable so when they wear out that's that. To get the stabilisers on, you need to completely deform the chain guard.

Most importantly though, the stabilisers on this bike do not keep the bike upright - I have lost count of the number of times my daughter has toppled over. If you turn the handlebars too quickly, the bike topples. If you go across anything more than a very slight slope, the bike is in danger of toppling. You need to be constantly at your child's side to catch them whilst riding.

The whole point of using stabilisers is to give your child confidence riding by themselves and a sense of independence. You don't get that with this bike. Compare this to the little Raleigh we bought our son when he was that age - he could rattle around on any ground, slopes, anything at any speed and I could sit back and relax.

For a similar price, you can get a much better bike with proper wheels and tyres, a geometry that is stable and will inspire your child to take cycling further. If you value your child's safety and want to encourage them to cycle, I would definitely avoid this bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little bike for the money, 5 Oct 2010
K. Calvett (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
I bought this little bike for my 3 year old daughter as my husband had sat on her trike and broke the seat. She was just getting used to riding it too! But her older sister had a proper bike and she was constantly trying to get onto this, so I decided to get her a cheap pedal bike and saw this one on the Amazon website. I am so pleased I purchased it. We bought my older daughters bike from Amazon as well and they are so quick and simple to put together, she was riding it within the hour. She was absolutely over the moon with it and loves being on it. She loves the fact she can put one of her dolls in the back as well. (My older daughters bike doesn't have one of these and she was a little put out that she didn't have one on her bike).

Would definitely recommend this bike. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little girls bike, 28 Dec 2009
mumof3 "mumof3" (liverpool England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
Our little girl really loved this bike, she got for christmas. It was much more sturdy than I expected and I can see her getting at least a couple of years out of this bike before we have to get another one. The colour is brill too. Would definately recommend this bike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last long, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
I bought this item for my daughters 4th birthday. It was a pain to put together and after only 4 weeks of having it the brakes broke, then 2 weeks later the stabilisers came off! This was her first bike and it was not worth the money Learnt for net time to get a bike from a store rather from the internet. Not impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Feb 2010
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
This is a very good value first bike. Very girlie colours and a handy seat for bear or dolly. Only drawback is for the smaller child if you have the seat in its lowest position then you can't attach dollies seat, but this is only a temporary drawback until your child grows a little (which i hope my daughter does in time for summer bike rides with her toys).

This bike does need to be constructed once it arrives so remember to set aside some child free time to do this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 3rd Birthday Present for our little princess, 19 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
We brought this bike for our daughters 3rd Birthday and she is quite small for her age and with the seat at its lowest position it is perfect for her.
We had no trouble at all putting the bike together and after reading the reviews we thought we wouldnt be able to put the dolls seat on with the bike in its lowest postition but it does fit on there, maybe it was because we put the dolls seat on before the bike seat.....
It is better quality than I expected as i had previously been looking at £70+ bikes and was comparing those with this one.
I would definately recommend this bike and it is a perfect first proper bike.
Thumbs up all round :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Paint comes off !, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
I bought this bike for my daughters 3rd birthday and left it to the night before to build. While building we notice the paintwork was shoddy though as we had left it too late to return we thought we can live with it. Now in the daylight we can see that the pink paint has actually rubbed off onto the carpet where my husband was building it so we have pink bits in our beige carpet! Their was also washers missing ! Not very happy with the overall quality at all, though my 3yr old loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars bright, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
the bike was easy to assemble and didnt take long. our daughter loves to take her dolls for a ride with her and loves the tassels.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely girls first bike, 21 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sonic Glitz Girls Bike - Purple/Cerise, 12-inch (Sports)
ordered this bike for my daughters 3rd birthday,an i was very pleased wit it perfect first bike.real lovely girlie bike wit dollys seat an tassles an nice bright colours,she is over the moon wit it,fantastic price and easy enough to put together

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 'cheap' bike., 28 Dec 2010
Good 'cheap' bike.
Its a very 'girly' bike, we didnt want to spend too much as we anticpate she'll not have much use with it before she grows into a bigger one.
2 small draw backs: wheels are very slippery - not very good on carpet and when assembling the one peddal didnt fx properly (not too much of a prob, i could have sent it back but the father is a mechanic and the problem was easily resolved!