4.0 out of 5 stars Decent mittens but nothing extraordinary to justify the RRP
I ordered these in chocolate, size small (which in reality turned out to be size XS-S).

Published on 19 Dec 2011 by Belle Noir

1.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present failure
The gloves look great and were really warm but the stitching came apart within one hour of wearing.
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by P. Revill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent mittens but nothing extraordinary to justify the RRP, 19 Dec 2011
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I normally take a size medium in gloves or mittens but decided on the strength of the previous reviews to size down, and was glad that I did - they are a good comfortable close fit. FYI, my hand is 7 inches from top of my wrist to the top of my longest finger, and my knuckles also measure 7 inches around.

The mittens are nicely detailed, with attractive cuff (which has a stitch on one side to keep it in place), a sewn-on metal EMU label, and stab stitching around the upper part of the mitten. How durable the stab-stitching will be in use, remains to be seen, my preference would have been a tighter stitch less likely to catch and tear on things.

In terms of shape, they are a perfect length both for my fingers and thumb, with a nicely 'tapered' end to the mitten, unlike most sheepskin mittens which are more rounded at the top. These mittens look much neater and slightly more elegant than standard sheepskin mittens.

I have to say that I bought these mittens while substantially discounted, and while I am happy with what I got for the price - a decent and attractive pair of warm sheepskin mittens - I would not dream of paying full RRP for them. Based on the RRP, I had been expecting super thick, super quality sheepskin, but the reality (while quite satisfactory, don't get me wrong) fell some way short of that. I would not normally consider paying more than thirty for mittens such as these - any more and you are paying for the name, nothing else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present failure, 7 Jan 2010
P. Revill "Wise Owl" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Feb 2010
Whilst I like the mittens, I feel they are over priced. Paying for a Name!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little gloves, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: Emu Women's Otways Mittens (Apparel)
If like me you have very cold/small hands these are just the ticket! They are not too bulky, easy to drive in and do not have the usual 'gian thumb' of normal sheepskin mitts.
Only downside is that I can feel the seams inside the gloves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dye comes off on your hands, 8 Jan 2011
Got these in sale. Dye came off on my hands as soon as I tried them on. Apart from the dye issue, the sheepskin was very thin - particularly thin in one mitt. Not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mittens nice and slim too, 1 Feb 2014
Great sheepskin mittens. Not too bulky, keep my hands warm and look nice. Wold recommend if you are thinking of buying sheepskin mittens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mitts, 12 Jan 2014
Mrs. Claire Heaford "Claire" (Cheltenham) - See all my reviews
These mittens are so warm and snuggly, don't know what I would do without them now. A great bargin as well. Would recommend these to anyone who suffers with cold hands

3.0 out of 5 stars Made in China?, 19 Dec 2013
Bought these as a Christmas present for my wife who has yet to receive them. I have placed what is an initial review here as I was surprised to see a tag with the mittens advising that they were made in China, something I was not expecting from a company that boasts to be selling Australian products. Will update review on size and quality later, but have noticed that the fur trim at the wrist has not been cut as straight a it should be, a minor problem though.

4.0 out of 5 stars rugby, 11 Mar 2013
Wear them to matches - love the colour but the thumbs are too narrow so they get cold - have to use hand warmers !

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice warm gloves, 30 Jan 2013
Good warm gloves - only downside a bit of die comes onto the hands!
They are nice and soft though and I bought the extra small as have quite small hands and they were perfect fit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›