5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
The mittens are very warm and they fit perfectly on my hands. They are just a bit longer than I expected but and may cause a coat with a fitted cut at the wrist to bunch up. The ear muffs fit just right too. I am very pleased with this purchase.
Published 15 months ago by DN

I wholeheartedly agree with the review by Cheeky Monkey.

I already owned these mittens in the brown colourway, purchased a couple years ago in size XS-S. The old gloves are made from relatively thick and quality sheepskin fur, are well-made, cosy, comfortable and warm.

In January 2013 I ordered a set in the black colourway, size XS-S again, but...
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Belle Noir

2.0 out of 5 stars Product quality has declined dramatically since a couple of years ago, 11 Feb. 2013
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Emu Women's Mallacoota Gift Set (Apparel)
I wholeheartedly agree with the review by Cheeky Monkey.

In January 2013 I ordered a set in the black colourway, size XS-S again, but found that the quality of sheepskin used by Emu has deteriorated substantially in the space of only a couple of years! In addition the sizing has gotten smaller, leaving no space to flex my fingers inside the mitten.

The sheepskin is inferior quality, feeling almost like hard felt on the outside. Inside the sheepskin fur is substantially thinner, and I too noticed the rough interior seams that Cheeky Monkey found. They were basically too uncomfortable to wear and hence I returned them to amazon. I even tried to order the M-L size as replacement, but found the same issues, so they were also returned to amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 31 Dec. 2013
DN "drej60" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and good looking set. Thumbs are the first to freeze with these, 27 Jan. 2014
The fur is nice and these fit me quite nicely. I use a size 8 gloves and bought these in M/L. Thumbs are quite narrow in these and could be a little wider. For the sale price a really good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, strong but could be a bit longer, 17 Feb. 2013
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Emu Women's Mallacoota Gift Set (Apparel)
These arrive in a beautiful, pasteboard presentation box. There's a display window (but no cellophane) and strips of ribbon to help remove the box lid. It would make an impressive gift, but is rather larger than it needs to be.

The earmuffs: are soft, fluffy, well-padded and one-size. The ear cover sections are articulated and can be flipped inwards for storage.

The mittens: are nicely made and warmly lined, but perhaps a little ungenerous in sizing. I ordered these in the M/L size, and while there's plenty of width to them, I find that with the wrist shaping lining up with my wrists, length-wise they're a little cramped... yet I'm 5'5" and don't have especially big hands.

I bought these in the Mushroom colour, which is true to the product photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear muffs and mittens, 2 Feb. 2014
Delivery was amazing. The mittens fit a treat. The grey is darker than I expected, but I am still very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift set, 30 Dec. 2013
This set arrived in a lovely gift package. The items are as described and a good fit. I am pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality - excellent value so I've bought another set for a gift!!, 9 Feb. 2013
Very happy with this beautiful product. Soft, warm and very elegant looking compared to a previous and expensive pair I've had. The EMU label on the picture for the black gloves/earmuffs show a stitched on 'material' label and I was a bit dissappointed as I wanted the metal label held between the sheepskin clasps as shown on the other colours. It just looks that little bit more elegant. So I was very surprised and extremely happy when my product arrived and they both featured the metal label as originally wanted, so the picture is only slightly misleading but in a good way. I have very small hands and bought the XS/S and they fit perfectly, quite snug, so unless you have to opt for 'small washing up gloves at all' order the next size up.

I was so happy with this product, I've bought another set for a relative's birthday. They come in a gorgeous gift box and really look glam.

Very happy, top marks EMU.

4.0 out of 5 stars Need big hands!!!, 15 Mar. 2011
Treated myself to this set, but now put aside as a pressie, as the mitts are too big. I think I have normal sized hands, but these are very long and, I think, could easily fit a man.
In saying this, the sheepskin is lovely and thick. and this pack will make a lovely unusual pressie for someone, male or female (if the woman has big hands!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emu Gloves and ear muffs., 18 Oct. 2010
A quality product and delivered way ahead of schedule (as usual). Very happy, as is the is lady for whom these items were purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars gloves had rough cut sheepskin..thinner than expected, 6 Feb. 2013
One Star rating
Not the quality expected from emu. Have bought boots and slippers in the past with so soft sheepskin.

The ear muffs were silky smooth BUT the gloves were itchy and scratchy. The inside sheepskin and one side of the cuff were rough and spiky feeling. The other side of the cuff is silky smooth. I know they are natural but I would of expected their quality control to enure they are all silly smooth. I tried them one once and found them irritating rather than a pleasure.

Put this down to a bad lot have returned and reordered another pair. Fingers crossed they will be luxurious.

UPDATE: I received the replacement pair and the sheepskin in the mittens was much softer than the previous pair. A great improvement but the seams are still a bit rough and the thickness is less than expected. Wore them today and they are super warm, a one point too warm I had to take them off. I have increased my star rating to 4, slightly thicker and smoother would of been a 5. A great price at Amazon 75% cheaper than a well known shopping channel.

It's a shame Amazon would only allow one review rating per product as I would of like to keep the one star rating and them added the four star as a separate review.