5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gloves
Published on 9 Jan. 2013 by Lex

1.0 out of 5 stars Appauling quality
Published on 26 Jan. 2013 by Mrs A

1.0 out of 5 stars Appauling quality, 26 Jan. 2013
Bought these as a Christmas present. They were worn 3 times and then the cuff split. Returned to Amazon for a replacement and put it down to a bit of faulty stitching. Second pair arrived. Worn 4 times and the stitching on 3 fingers began to fall apart. The cuff also once again split. Absolutely terribly made product. Emu are clearly attempting to follow in the footsteps of UGG with their high prices and design, however, they simply do not have any where near the quality or long lasting use like UGG. I should have trusted my instincts and not purchased after reading other negative reviews. Currently awaiting my refund from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gloves, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Emu Women's Apollo Bay Gloves (Apparel)
I was lucky enough to be given a pair of these for Xmas by my sister in law. In fact they were the only things I had specially asked for. I have them in Mushroom, to match various boots that I have, including Emu. Absolutely beautiful shade, and outstandingly warm gloves. I can't rate them highly enough, and would recommend them unreservedly. OK, they do just come in a bag, but does that really matter? Absolutely not, I am wearing the gloves, not the bag they arrived in! I was so impressed with the quality, style and fit that I have just ordered another pair in black, the sale prices are very good, and make them more affordable. I ordered the M/L, which fit my size 7 hands perfectly. Go on, treat yourself, you know you want to ...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Emu Women's Apollo Bay Gloves (Apparel)
I bought these gloves in 'Toffee' colour. My hand size is 7-8 so I ordered the M/L and they fitted perfectly.
The quality is excellent although it should be, considering the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emu Sheepskin gloves, 6 Feb. 2012
Lovely grey sheepskin gloves - bought for a trip to the States in January....got the extra small/small size and was worried that they would be too small but they have stretched slightly and now fit perfectly. Very warm, snug and stylish - better price than Uggs and beautifully made (Celtic sheepskin ones had bad feedback about the quality) These are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 30 Dec. 2013
Bought these for my wife. At first the gloves looked really good. Had a nice rich pile and my wife said they felt great to wear. However after only a couple of weeks the stitching came away at the thumb join. Asked for a replacement and these duly arrived from amazon. However the second pair looked and felt so flimsy. There was little or no pile in the wool lining. The quality was really poor so I sent them back and am awaiting a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars emu gloves, 20 May 2013
i was looking forward to using these in the Antartic and after the first wear the finger came unstitched, one could hardly accuse my of abuse of he product as I was not exploring the ice but viewing it form a ship, poor quality and not what I would call value for money, as it now mens i will have to spend time stitching them up before I can wear them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good unless you compare them to Ugg, 2 Dec. 2013
I ordered a pair of these in black and a pair of the Ugg gloves of similar design at the same time so I could choose between them, both in medium-large. I ended up deciding the Uggs were worth the extra money and sent these back, but considering the difference in price they are not bad, and if I didn't need them to be fairly waterproof I'd probably have kept these instead. Here's a detailed comparison:

1. Fit

Emu gloves are slightly less roomy in the fingers and the thumbs are shorter, but otherwise the fit and shaping is very similar to the Uggs. The Emus look a little neater and less bulky.

2. Quality and materials

Both pairs are very warm. The Emu cuffs are noticeably more unevenly shaped, but seen on their own they look fine, and lie flatter so may fit better under coat sleeves. The stitches are shorter and one or two knots are visible in the thread. As I didn't keep the Emus I can't judge durability for sure. I do know that Uggs last for years from a previous pair (what didn't last is my home dye job!).

The 'fur' inside is good on both Emu and Uggs, although the Emu cuffs are less luxurious. However, I've noticed that fur quality varies from one pair to the next with Uggs. I rejected the ones in my local John Lewis because the fur wasn't all that soft, and on the Uggs I'm keeping, the thumbs are made from noticeably different-textured fur to the rest of the glove, which is less than ideal.

The Uggs have an outside finish that looks and feels like suede, whereas the Emu outsides look and feel more like felt. This is the main reason I decided against the Emus. Because I wear them while cycling and need them to be quite waterproof, I didn't trust that the Emus would be up to the job. But, this is also what makes them less bulky and lighter than the Uggs.

3. Logo/branding and packaging

The Emu branding is a lot more subtle: just a small badge on the right hand glove that looks removable. The Uggs have a massive stitched logo on the upper side of both cuffs that I do not love; on my previous pair I eventually removed the cuffs altogether to get rid of it (note that if you do this you have to re-tie the side thread stitching carefully).

Both pairs came in plastic bags (no box - I guess that's why Amazon is cheaper than in store). The Uggs had a small piece of branded tissue paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars emu gloves, 20 Jan. 2012
Diane Davies (WALES) - See all my reviews
The gloves are lovely soft and fluffy, great colour but sadly for some strange reason don't keep my hands very warm a bit dissapointed !

3.0 out of 5 stars warm and nice but one seam not sutured, 22 Dec. 2012
I bought for my wife. She's very happy with this gloves. According her gloves is lovely, soft and really warm. I'm a bit disappointed because gloves arrived with one seam not sutured. So, material is nice but produce quality or product control would be better. My rating 2.5 stars :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gloves, 30 Jan. 2013
Prompt delivery service. Fabulous fit. Perfect to keep your hands warm and cosy during these cold winter months. I wish I'd bought them sooner.

Emu Women's Apollo Bay Gloves