Colour: Grana|Change

on 17 January 2011
I now own three of these. As an avid walker, they make excellent, warm, lightweight hats, a great base layer hat or a wonderfully cosy scarf without the bulk. Small enough to keep in your pocket, they wash well in the machine and air dry quickly. Highly recomended!
on 23 February 2013
First purchase of the Merino Wool version ( got a few of the standard cotton ones) and whilst the fabric has a nicer feeling, buff loses its shape after wearing one or two days and then needs to go through wash cycle to have any kind of shape again.

If just wearing as a scarf replacement that is ok, but on a bike it does not work as it keeps sliding down and requires constant pulling up. I guess those the wear it as a bandana will enjoy this extra stretch, but not if you are used to us it like scarf and then pull up to protect face from wind/cold.

Not a bad product, just not suitable to wear on bikes the way I like to wear a buff. For that purpose I would stick with the normal fabric Buff's which are fantastic !
on 3 July 2015
One of my favourite bits of kit and I never leave the country without it. I have more than one and I've used them as a headwear, as dishrag, as a sleeping mask to block out light, to protect my camera lenses, as a sweat band (on my wrist). They can even be used to tie someone up if thats your thing. The great thing about merino is that it doesn't smell if you're using it to keep your brow sweat free. Great piece of kit!
on 18 January 2016
It is pretty warm being merino wool but as a relatively small woman, I wonder whether I should have tried the kids size version of this. With standard buffs, they are a little baggy on the neck, but not as much as this is. They don't seem to do a merino ladies version - on the normal buffs they have a ladies slim fit which I find ideal.

If you are quite thick in the neck or intend to put it up it is probably fine. I can't pull up over face anyway, as it steams up my glasses, as do all buffs.
on 6 October 2012
I read all the reviews,and especially that one by Roger.
After this, I found that cedar seemed quite a nice colour. So I bought it. I was happily surprised. I was confronted by a deep dark green, which I like very much.
I put in on straight away and tried the different ways to wear this.
In the evening, I still had it on when it grew quite chilly. I lifted the buff over my head; it was a delight to be warmed in this way.
In fact, I am delighted with the style, as you can wear it as an unobtrusive "scarf" which will protect your neck from the wind. You can pull it over the top of your head to protect the ears. Really splendid. The merino wool is tightly knitted, very soft and not scratchy as you could have expected with ordinary wool. I like my cedar buff very much!
on 16 November 2014
Wool is my favourite material. Although the fabric here is not of heavy weight it keeps warm on all but the coldest days. The Buff is stylish, easy to put on and extremely versatile (see for example "High UV Buff demo" on YouTube). I am very pleased with it and have four in different colours or patterns. I hardly use any other scarf since I discovered it.
on 22 November 2011
I've bought this buff, because I needed something what is keep me warm and fit under my bycicle helmet. It's a nice and perfect prodact for this. Keeps me warm on my long bycicle way.
on 8 April 2015
Big fan of buffs. Now the second merino wool buff I own. Found the fit of this one slightly larger than the previous one. Not a bother for me but maybe have to replace the girlfriend's one with a kids size.
on 23 February 2015
Really pleased with this. Merino wool is so warm and this bunches up beautifully around the neck to keep the cold out. It was really useful out on the cliff tops in the wind - I forgot my hat (it probably wouldn't have stayed on anyway in that wind) and just pulled this up over my head and my ears kept warm. I have washed it on the gentle wool cycle in the washing machine and it washed a treat. I am considering investing in another one in a different colour!
on 18 July 2016
Very versatile piece of kit (just look at all the suggestions that Buff offers for how to use it), and this merino version is both lightweight and feels very comfortable. I mainly use it for warmth on my neck when I want something less than a scarf, or as a light hat, and also to keep the sun off my neck. The red colour is quite snazzy.