4.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good
This is a very good collection of sci fi films that look amazing in HD, the only small problem I have with it is that Independence Day is the theatrical verson and not the uncut. While I probably would not have changed my mind about purchasing the collection I felt a little disappointed that it was not stated.

This is the only reason that I couldn't give my...
Published on 18 Dec 2011 by Mark1984

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 films a great price
Average Action Films. Independence Day stands out. All have good CGI effects. and they are entertaining.My grand children will enjoy them.
Published 15 months ago by A. R. Robson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good, 18 Dec 2011

This is the only reason that I couldn't give my review five stars as I may end up getting a future release of Independence Day uncut.

But please don't let this single problem put you off buying this collection the films do look very very good in HD and I am recomending the purchase of it to all who read this review.

I hope people find this review helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Misadvertised item, 6 Aug 2011
There's two really good blockbuster disaster movies here and one red herring. I can't say enough good things about Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow - both of these are top notch films. The let-down is The Day The Earth Stood Still because it's not the 1951 classic but the 2008 rehash.

I was disappointed to read Amazon's own review of this box set because they've got the wrong version of TDTESS listed here. A simple glance at the box or looking on any other e-tailer's page shows the correct line-up, the correct version. I had hoped Amazon was right and they were wrong but alas, no.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utter Destruction from start to the last second, 18 Feb 2014
The rating above is not only for the quality of the films, but also the film selection.
first of all; Independance day. a classic film with a great cast. not many people havnt seen this film, and if you are one of those unlucky people. watch it soon. not only a great film overall its cast include superstar Will smith, 'The Fly' and 'Jurassic Park' actor Jeff Goldblum plus others.
Fantastic direction from Roland emmerich.

Next we have a remake in form of The Day the Earth Stood Still.
Whilst many questioned the film as a whole and of the performance from keanu Reeves , I found it too be still enjoyable. a film shouldnt be taken so seriously all the time. sometimes you just want a film to be a film. when you begin looking to deep, it ruins the fun of cinema.

and lastly The Day After Tomorrow. This film i can watch over and over, something me and my dad love. great cast, superb effects. granted they are getting outdated now, but the film is several years old and still holds well. Great film, one of my all time favourites.

You wont be disapointed by this boxset. Blu ray quality is superb. and the films speak for themselves. Great addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 great movies for a bargain price, 4 Feb 2014
To get three blurays for less than 9 is a bargain in anyone's books and this boxset has three of my favourite scifi films. I already have them on dvd but couldn't say no to this set at the price. 'The Day After Tomorrow' is an excellent film from the effects point of view and from a slow build up becomes a race against time with humans pitted against the elements in what seems to be an impossible situation. It manages to remain gripping throughout. 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' is a remake of the Michael Rennie version from the '50's but although not a patch on the original still manages to convey the ominous feeling of the unknown visitor and his robot guardian. Brought up to date with good effects and a different angle, this is still an enjoyable film in its own right and different enough with a suitably gripping climax. 'Independance Day' has to be my favourite out of the three with it's slow burn start of the shadow falling over the moon to the alien ships hovering over the cities. No one realises the true intent of the aliens until Jeff Goldblum finally works it out. From then on it's a rollercoaster ride and a big gung ho American action movie. Great for a jumbo bag of popcorn! As I said before, for the money you can't go wrong. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars value, 16 Jan 2014
Graham k (portsmouth ;uk) - See all my reviews
three very good films in one box,got this as exmas gift for my daughter and hubby ,they were the first blu ray films they had and they loved them

4.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of sci-fi films, 14 Dec 2013
Decent movies which I had seen before but enjoyed. Would make a great gift for those that haven't seen them yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boxset, 28 Mar 2013
S. Trott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doomsday Collection - The Day After Tomorrow, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Independence Day [DVD] (DVD)
Great films and great value box set. worth getting for yourself or as a present for someone.
I recommend highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Doomsday Collection, 9 Mar 2013
John Armstrong "elvis.theking" (Bonnyrigg, Scotland) - See all my reviews
The films arrived very quickly and were just as described. Very enjoyable films, that I can now watch when I want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of films, 3 Mar 2013
love the day after tomorrow, the opening sequence is brill on blue ray. independence day is a classic,not so keen on day the earth stood still, but i felt like it was a buy 2 get one free! i've put these with 2012 and armaggedden!

5.0 out of 5 stars good films, 24 Feb 2013
Mainly Bought for The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day films
It was quite a cheap Blu Ray so not bad for the price as these are my best films.
The Day Earth stood still was a bonus to.

ARRAY(0xa6f909c0)