on 4 February 2013
10" cleaver!!! I love it! it is just what I was looking for, I am a farmer who prepares a few lambs and pigs each month. I have been using a smaller 6" cleaver for cutting chops which can be hard work and dangerous! but with this fantastic piece of equipment it makes cutting them a doddle. it has plenty of weight so it does the cutting for you all you have to do is concentrate on were you are putting it.The blade is a good 10" and the handle about 8" so you get plenty of swing. it also has a solid plastic handle so is easy to clean.
This cleaver is a must have item for professional butchers and part timers!!
on 12 December 2010
Very pleased with this item. Have been looking for a decent butcher's cleaver for quite a while now, this fits the bill perfectly Also very quick delivery.
on 5 March 2014
Very professional Chopper
My own 100 year old chopper was stolen from my shop and this modern replacement fits the bill.
Many thanks
Rob Young (Master Butcher)
on 27 December 2012
This monster of a cleaver has no problem cutting though any meat bone or anything put in front of it. Their is no effort in using it because the weight of the blade is quite heavy you can just use the blade. The best thing about it though is it looks comical hanging on the wall in the kitchen with the other cutlery because it is such a beast, love using this product I am shore this cleaver will give many years of service if you are looking to buy this you will not be disappointed.
on 31 December 2010
I ordered this item to replace a heavy butcher's cleaver which broke on Christmas Eve eve (23rd December) - the handle came off. I made the order on Amazon at around 2.30pm on the first "working" day after Christmas (I put that in inverted commas because the custom with many companies is to shut down between Christmas and New Year) not expecting to see any sign of the cleaver until the New Year. So I was pleasantly surprised to be notified that evening with the message that the cleaver had been dispatched by standard delivery that very day - expected arrival in the new year. I was even more surprised to receive the product - carefully and safely packed in stiff cardboard - the following day; roughly twenty-four hours from order to arrival and between Christmas and New Year to boot! Hats off to the company and Royal Mail! As for the product: it was just what I was looking for. Namely something with a bit of weight to it that could hack through pigs' bones for soups and stocks. The handle is securely attached to the blade, unlike the flimsily-attached previous cleavers I had, and the blade is sharp enough to handle more delicate tasks as the need arises. I cannot recommend the product and the level of service displayed by the company more highly. I am sure the cleaver will last me a lifetime (though I am at the age where I am closer to death than birth, but that is by the by; I am sure you know what I mean).
on 20 June 2011
I've been looking for a good quality heavy cleaver for some time, but could only find the small flimsy things sold in cookshops. Even the ones from well known brands just were not up to the job of butchering our own pigs and chickens. Ordered this Friday lunchtime and it was delivered the next day! Can't ask for better service than that.
It arrived very well packaged and I used it immediately on some chickens. The cleaver is a substantial tool - just the weight I wanted: heavy enough to do the job, but not too heavy to use for any length of time. Needless to say, it cut the chicken effortlessly (straight out of the packaging) due to the sharpness of the blade and the weight of the cleaver.
I'm glad I purchased it - its well worth the money.
on 16 November 2014
Have been looking for a decent butcher's cleaver for quite a while now, the item is exactly as described. Highly recomend it i am very pleased with my buy. I have tried it, and it is very comfortable to use.
on 9 August 2011
Excellent service, item exactly as described. Thank you so much for a pain free shop. I was able to track my item and it was delivered within the timescale. All in all a pleasure to deal with.
on 14 September 2015
an absolute beast. It weighs a serious amount and the handle is long enough and has enough ridges for about 8 fingers! Need a solid work surface to use this on!!
on 19 January 2013
This is an excellent product very well balanced and feels good and safe in the hand. Service from The Knife Sharpening Company was first rate.