5.0 out of 5 stars good quality
Used for a few weeks now without any issues- haven't fallen off or marked the paint. Easy to attach and remove.
Published on 29 Oct. 2011 by Steppinwolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but blow off
Published 19 months ago by R. Brooks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 29 Oct. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a Charm, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
They are fully magnetized at the back meaning it's a completely black surface that will stick down fully on it's own. I would advise you to make sure the back of your car is completely made of metal because my car is a hatchback with some plastic so it only half stuck. Having said that though it didn't fall off even once so I give this product 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'L' plates - full magnetic back, 2 Dec. 2010
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
Extremely pleased with these as they stay put and do NOT fly off as those with magnetic strips tend to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be great!, 23 July 2012
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
Have tried this product out and appears to be strong, haven't been on very long fast drives, but so far so good. Very quick delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 months old and still going strong!, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
I bought these as I'd read bad reviews about L-plates that only have a magnetic strip at the top and bottom - the entire back of these are magnetic, eliminating the possibility of wind getting underneath and whipping them off.

After following a few precautions (read elsewhere) I've not had any problems with them flying off - and my children are driving up to 60mph with these on (another reviewer has said they're no good over 40mph but I haven't found this to be the case and ours have had 4 months use).

It is important that you make sure they're not stuck on a dirty/muddy surface though - a quick wipe with an old cloth is good enough before sticking on the car. I also don't keep them in the car in the current cold weather as apparently they won't stick so well if they're cold - so basically they're kept in the house until we need to use them or on the floor of the passenger seat near the heater.

Another benefit is that they haven't damaged the car paint work at all, so personally I'm really happy with them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but blow off, 13 Oct. 2013
R. Brooks "Bob" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
I bought some of these while my Dad is teaching me to drive his van. In fact I have had to buy a second pair of them, because the first lot blew off the front and ended up in a hedge. It was raining/windy at the time and travelling about 40mph, flew off 2 minutes after setting off, but the back one is fine. The first couple of uses at 30mph were fine. There are 2 plates and the whole surface of the back is magnetic. They bend to fit a curved bonnet, but it looks like the wind can get under them

CONS
- They flew off the front of the van the first time I went over 30

PROS
- They don't leave marks on the van like sticky L-plates (according to my Dad these ruin the paintwork if they are going to be put on and off every day)
- Really cheap to replace (even if I had to buy 20 sets of these plus second driver insurance, it is way cheaper than lessons every day)

4.0 out of 5 stars no problems yet, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
I've tried the cheap L plates and the expensive ones after having trouble with both I thought I'd give these a try. Pleased to report, no problems so far. Arrived in good time and well packaged, as described.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea in principle, 23 Feb. 2014
C. Loneragan (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
But in practice, these L plates fly off when you drive along (I even lost the rear one) and so I've replaced with stick on plates and am hoping I don't damage the paintwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and quality, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
Really good buy for the price as Im teaching the wife to drive ( yes I know God help me :) hehe) fully magnetic and they stick on lovely and havent come off so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Magnetic Back L Plates, 13 Aug. 2014
Judy Collins (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FULL MAGNETIC BACK L-PLATES
Sticks well and good value. Never fell off. Would recommend this product if you need these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›