Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 April 2010
After the sheer brilliance of the Story, I must admit I was worried as to how Brandi could surpass that wonderful album. Good news is I need not have worried. Give up the Ghost carries on from where she left off. Some songs will be familiar from the live shows, like Dying Day and there are collaborations with Elton John and with the Indigo Girls (Amy Ray). There is also a musical arrangement from Paul Buckmaster who was the musical arranger for Elton John at the height of his fame. So in some ways Brandi is indulging herself with some of her heroes but that's good for us as the result is another great album.
on 19 October 2009
This album is a great album. I find it different to her previous two albums but still very Brandi. I think her voice is excellent. Dying day is a powerful song and matches Turpentine and the story from her previous album. Would recommend this album as well as her previous albums. Brandi and her band are so good live.
on 18 December 2010
So glad i bought Give Up The Ghost by Brandi Carlile,love every track on this cd.
A very talented singer song writer,who has also worked with the Indigo Girls.
Will buy the rest of her cds in the new year.
on 9 November 2009
amazing album sounds so different from her other albums its less lternative/folky and more mainstream though
on 28 April 2014
This is the first Brandi Carlile album that have bought and I love everything about it. The lyrics are so meaningful and the music is beautiful. Would recommend to anyone!
on 26 August 2010
Brandi Carlile is one of my favourite artists, and this CD did not disappoint.
As always, great music from a great musician :)
on 18 October 2013
Heard a track of this music on a TV program, did a quick search on Amazon and sure enough there it was. Brilliant service from the supplier, would shop with this supplier again.
on 4 November 2009
Was eagerly awaiting this, her previous two albums being two of my favourites of the last few years. But even after several listens, I'm not getting into the album much at all. It's much more upbeat and uptempo than her previous offerings, but it feels forced, artificial, as though the label has said to her she should be getting more radio friendly but it doesn't sit right at all.
on 27 June 2011
Just discovered Brandi Carlile recently and I have to say I absolutely love her - this CD is fantastic - every song brilliant. Highly recommend
on 31 May 2013
Just another amazing album full to bursting with beautifully written songs, there isn't one I and my family don't like.
Just love her x