on 13 May 2013
This item has obviously been designed down to a price, but on that basis it performs pretty well. Good range, easy to use. Only real downsides are that the handle is a little flimsy, the balance is a little off, even with the batteries installed, and the lack of a trigger switch, which makes intermittent use awkward (on/off is a small slide switch on the back of the unit).
However, for a little under £30, you cannot beat it for price. You get what you pay for, and it is perfectly functional for occasional use. I think the "professional" tag is a little optimistic, though !
on 7 September 2013
Received it in January and tested it once , it seemed fine. Put it away for when I really needed it, 8 months later. Hasn't worked, even though the battery light seems fine. Changed the batteries, still not working. If I could give it zero stars , I would. No receipt, out of the 30 day return window. Not impressed at all. Now stuck with it.
on 28 March 2015
Got this for singing through in one of my bands songs. Performed great live and the crowd really loved it. It's a great effect. The siren was used to stunning effect also. It's inexpensive ,well made and looks great too. Hence the 5 star review.
Great for waking lazy-assed teenagers too. ;)
How is it possible to have so much fun for £20? (and that included postage)
I needed one for an outdoor event (small village duck race down by the local stream, with plastic numbered ducks) - well, that event is yet to happen, but the fun I've had with this in the meantime has been fantastic! I positioned myself outside one neighbour's house, and accused them of harbouring Osama Bin Laden's brother and instructing them to step outside with their hands up. Later, I then shouted in French at the visiting exchange family through an open window of the neighbours on the other side, producing great hilarity. I doubt that any neighbours will ever speak to me again, but I've had my day.
I also had a bit of fun with it at a recent junior cricket match, and the other parents tried not to laugh but failed.

In realistic terms, I'd say this would be fine for addressing a small gathering of people (you need to work the mic up close and learn to avoid feedback at high volume, but that's child's play) and the siren (one-press of a button) would be useful for getting initial attention or starting an event. There's a button which produces a pre-set musical sequence, which could be useful if you were playing outdoor musical chairs with a group of children, or if you allocated some sort of meaning to that sound in whatever you're doing - but you can't change it in any way, and without this extra function it'd still be fine value.

Purely as a loud-hailer for small to medium events, a great piece of kit. It uses 4 of the larger D-cell batteries (not supplied) which are easy to take in and out.
All controls are on a 3-button row with a sliding volume control underneath.
The handle folds flat for storage. Be careful when storing that the on-off button cannot get accidentally depressed or you'll get loud squeals or a flat set of batteries.

Can't fault it for price or value in any way. It obviously has that "tinny" sound that such megaphones have, and if I were to be addressing a larger group I'd go for a 50 watt or even louder version, however this is louder than I expected and for most people will do the job.

If these stay at £20 all-in I may well be buying them as silly Christmas presents for friends and family, but they'd be hell in the hands of children and its relatively lightweight nature would mean children would probably pull it apart when fighting over who uses it. Better to be kept just for zany adults whose capacity for daft uses is infinite. I read elsewhere that one goup of holiday-makers took one away with them just to warn women that one of their sex-crazed males was married. Cruel, but appropriate!
Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.
My purchase of this unit was based on the range it was advertised as working over. I needed it/alarm mode to be heard at 300m but it can't. The wrappings on the batteries I purchased with it were half open enabling them to be removed without further disturbing the packaging. I had expected the packaging to be intact
on 22 March 2014
When it arrived it was damaged, main cone section not fully attached to base and no sound coming out. send back last week, still no refund?!
on 21 December 2014
Very disappointed. More like the build quality of a childs toy. Horrendous feedback on power output greater than 50%.I'd hoped to use this on the river but I'd bet it isn't any way waterproof.
I would return it but given the cost, time if year etc I won't bother.
on 20 August 2014
This is very poor value for money. Tried to use it but each time you move the batteries lose their contacts and it switches itself off.
The batteries are much too loose in their compartment. Because I am currently in France it would cost too much to bother to return it.
on 16 November 2011
Rather a light-weight item - useful if you are carrying it for a long time, but it feels a bit flimsy. Works OK though. Turns on and off with a switch, rather than a trigger action, which isn't so handy for intermittent use (the usual sort ?). Still, people seemed to hear it, and the sound was clear.
on 25 March 2016
Great product, a compact approx half full size megaphone but with enough volume to reach 300-400 metres. Volume variable which is great for closer announcements. siren and musicals noises are good for attracting attention. A good value product, delivered quickly and works well.