on 18 March 2011
Bought this to go scuba diving in the Red Sea. The GoPro produced amazing pictures especially as I was able to film hands free with this head strap. Adjustable, so camera felt very stable.
on 12 June 2012
I bought this headstrap after searching and evaluating wich accessory would be the most adequate (without needing for starters multiple accesories) to use on the beach inside the water, either simply with friends diving or surfing with freedom of angle.

Although I think its fun to see te footage of the fixed cameras on surfboards, I prefer the freedom of filming what I'm seeing and where I'm looking at, and so I thought this would be a good solution and it really is: if there's a bigger swell you can take it outside inside the wetsuit and capture footage outside, or if its softer or if you have more confidence use it while you surf the wave and while your friends pass by surfing, its great!

I also bought it thinking on capturing aditional footage in specific "environments", so that I wouldn't damage my other camera, and have been using it when I ride my mountain bike with good results. And for example based on other reviews, I can use it on my snowboard helmet (I have the permanent fixations, but if you think about it this way you can change with a friend and he films you), and recently lend it to a friend that made a 100km marathon and used it to capture footage, he arrived yesterday and I can't wait to see the result and edit it!

For me the headstrap is the best simple solution for my purposes, highly recomended, high quality product. ;)
on 15 August 2012
Brilliant bit of kit, get your eye view on anything you do. Used it for climbing, adventure racing n playing super hero! Worked every time!
on 30 December 2013
If you are going to go surfing with this on, tape a cable tie to your wettie leash and around the strap, as big waves can knock it off, and pretty good way of securing it. I was fearing it would be like a dodgy camping torch bit this feels good.
on 25 October 2013
Hi, bit of a funny review. on receiving the product the first thing I noticed was the lack of a go pro logo. having said that I then set
about setting it up to my head size/shape which was very easy to do, so far so good.it seemed a very positive fit which I'm sure is not
going to let me down as I only need it to do one very special camera shoot so far. the materials used seem fit for the job. the next step
is to mount the cam in place, be aware if you have the wi fi back installed that you need to use a little ingenuity in choosing which mounting
"bits" will facilate the mounting of such a combination on your head. on my head strap mount the "mating go pro bit" would not fit right. I
checked this part with other parts of my camera kit and it was perfect each time, so the conclusion was that it must be the headband at
fault. fortunately I have some very fine files,so it was a easy job to remove some excess plastic from the headband mount. now everything
fits and works a treat. conclusion, why does it say on the amazon site go pro cam head strap by "go pro cam" I find this highly misleading,in my case
I needed a mount quickly and could not afford the time to send it back due to the poor fitting between mount and the cam.{maybe I was unlucky in respect}
price wise it is fine. but was I naïve to think I was getting the real deal at this price. buyer beware!
on 17 October 2013
Was not GoPro original, the mounting bracket did not fit the GoPro camera housing and the captive nut thread was defective
on 6 September 2011
I've got most accessories for the GoPro, and beyond the fixed mount for my surfboard, this is probably the most used. It's pretty obvious, if you put the camera on your head, the video captures what you were thinking/looking at. It's nice and sturdy too, so the video isn't shaky as you might expect. Using the fixed mount (e.g., handlebar adaptors) can get a little tedious when you've only got a single PoV. Depends on your needs, I guess.

My only gripe is that it could with being just a tad more adjustable. It's designed to go over a helmet, but sometimes I wear it straight on my head (or around a diving cap) and it can feel a little loose - would be nice if it went a bit tighter. Other than that, though, it does exactly what you'd expect.
on 18 August 2014
A really useful mount that has enabled me to get some awesome footage from Scouting activities. Fully adjustable so can be worn by myself (a 31 year old man - approx 5ft10) or by one of my Cubs (8 to 10 1/2 years old). I'd say this and the equally useful Chest Mount Harness are essential pieces of equipment. 95% of the time my GoPro is attached to one of these two mounts. This isn't quite as comfortable as the Chest Harness for prolonged wear but still comes in really useful. This mount is my go to of choice for climbing related activities as it nicely fits under the clips found on most helmets and secures the GoPro in place for some awesome shots.
on 26 February 2013
Well built, won't come off easily at all, even when you're wearing it over just your head, i.e. not over a helmet. When I use this in (on? actually, mostly in) water surfing or whatever, I would be inclined to tie some string or use a lanyard of some sort, just for peace of mind and insurance. Easily adjusted and completely comfortable to wear, you may find, as I did, you forget you're wearing it!

The most simple and the most efficient piece of kit that goes with your GoPro. Buy it and love it.
on 13 February 2015
Really good head mount which is adjustable. I have managed to use it at its furthest extension as a chest harness for bike riding and then make the straps shorter so that it fits snugly back on the head for skiing trips. The long screw means that the camera angle can be easily changed and quickly attached. Have used this mount, mostly on the head for cycling, skiing, snorkelling and climbing. Material just needs to be rinsed with fresh water after use in the sea. Great Product.