on 24 March 2014
I ordered one from Aitao an it took about 2-3 weeks to arrive. When it arrived it came in a plastic bag, also it had scratches all over the front plastic bit. The gopro screw does not fully go through which means the camera slides off when ever you wiggle your head. Not Impressed.

Just to clarify that I bought this from Aitao cause it was the first one that came up on my phone when I ordered it. So the one fulfilled by Amazon may be genuine.
on 26 April 2014
Despite the description saying its from GoPro, its not. It comes in a clear bag with no branding on the mount or the bag you get with it. If you want an official version then look at another item. However, this nearly half the price of the official version, and probably just as good. Haven't used it for anything extreme yet, but if I do take it scuba diving or such then I would teather it just to be sure. So three stars because its not genuine.
on 16 November 2012
Yeah, it's a headstrap. I have constructed a basic lanyard, to stop it disappearing when I have a big slam. It would be nice if this was built in. But yeah it does what it says on the tin.
on 2 July 2012
the product matches the description, I used on my cap while riding my bike downhill and the strap didnt fell off thx
on 18 August 2013
In principle, a great idea for diving - allowing hands-free operation and with the camera always following your line of sight. There are a few issues though: firstly the angle of attachment between camera and mount needs to take into account the focus area (I had the camera set to medium field of view but pointing too high initially - none of what I had been looking at was captured!); secondly bear in mind that the strap needs to fit your forehead above your mask - this may push it higher and further back; thirdly, you may wish to attach your own failsafe lanyard in case camera and mounting happen to shake loose; finally, you probably want to record continuously (operating the controls underwater on top of your head is tough!) - for a 40-50 min dive this means you'll need extended battery life, in turn adding to the size and weight of the lump on your strap.
on 16 November 2015
Perfect for ski helmets where they won't allow you to stick GoPro attachments onto the helmet.
on 9 August 2013
Excellent attachment for that classic GoPro point of view, so far it has been used when on a segway tour (captured a brilliant fall), rock climbing and at a GoApe adventure. Will be taken just about everywhere from now on.
Super comfortable to say it's carrying some serious kit on it too! Very good level of adjustments on the strap too.
on 18 November 2013
I've had the chance to test this a couple of times with and without a hat underneath and it's worked perfectly. The rubber really grips your head well and there's no sense that it's going to fall off. There's probably cheaper alternatives out there but when you're spending so much on a GoPro camera I wouldn't take the risk.
on 15 December 2013
Being an original GoPro part, it works perfectly well!

Adjusting the straps can be a bit fiddly but that’s only because of the grip pads on the inside to make sure it doesn’t move when being worn, so I guess it’s an necessary evil. It doesn’t stop performance of the strap, so can’t really knock it!
on 17 May 2013
It makes you look a bit like Rambo but it's a great accessory for your GoPRO. I've used it while cycling, underwater and regular point-of-view street videos and it works great. Also you can take the top strap off if you want but it makes your video a bit more shaky.