5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for scuba diving
Bought this to go scuba diving in the Red Sea. The GoPro produced amazing pictures especially as I was able to film hands free with this head strap. Adjustable, so camera felt very stable.
Published on 18 Mar 2011 by N. Batts

3.0 out of 5 stars Implies Genuine GoPro Item, but its not
As the title says, the item description implies this is a genuine GoPro item and not just another replica, however that is what you get. It appears to be fine from checking it over and the GoPro does fit, but doesnt come with the GoPro clip mount that ships with the genuine item.

Published 4 months ago by Anthony Fairthorne

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for scuba diving, 18 Mar 2011
N. Batts - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars was I mislead?, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
Hi, bit of a funny review. on receiving the product the first thing I noticed was the lack of a go pro logo. having said that I then set
about setting it up to my head size/shape which was very easy to do, so far so good.it seemed a very positive fit which I'm sure is not
going to let me down as I only need it to do one very special camera shoot so far. the materials used seem fit for the job. the next step
is to mount the cam in place, be aware if you have the wi fi back installed that you need to use a little ingenuity in choosing which mounting
"bits" will facilate the mounting of such a combination on your head. on my head strap mount the "mating go pro bit" would not fit right. I
checked this part with other parts of my camera kit and it was perfect each time, so the conclusion was that it must be the headband at
fault. fortunately I have some very fine files,so it was a easy job to remove some excess plastic from the headband mount. now everything
fits and works a treat. conclusion, why does it say on the amazon site go pro cam head strap by "go pro cam" I find this highly misleading,in my case
I needed a mount quickly and could not afford the time to send it back due to the poor fitting between mount and the cam.{maybe I was unlucky in respect}
price wise it is fine. but was I naïve to think I was getting the real deal at this price. buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best simple solution, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
I bought this headstrap after searching and evaluating wich accessory would be the most adequate (without needing for starters multiple accesories) to use on the beach inside the water, either simply with friends diving or surfing with freedom of angle.

Although I think its fun to see te footage of the fixed cameras on surfboards, I prefer the freedom of filming what I'm seeing and where I'm looking at, and so I thought this would be a good solution and it really is: if there's a bigger swell you can take it outside inside the wetsuit and capture footage outside, or if its softer or if you have more confidence use it while you surf the wave and while your friends pass by surfing, its great!

I also bought it thinking on capturing aditional footage in specific "environments", so that I wouldn't damage my other camera, and have been using it when I ride my mountain bike with good results. And for example based on other reviews, I can use it on my snowboard helmet (I have the permanent fixations, but if you think about it this way you can change with a friend and he films you), and recently lend it to a friend that made a 100km marathon and used it to capture footage, he arrived yesterday and I can't wait to see the result and edit it!

For me the headstrap is the best simple solution for my purposes, highly recomended, high quality product. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made up, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
Brilliant bit of kit, get your eye view on anything you do. Used it for climbing, adventure racing n playing super hero! Worked every time!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little tip with this one, 30 Dec 2013
F. Vogel "UkemasterFin" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
If you are going to go surfing with this on, tape a cable tie to your wettie leash and around the strap, as big waves can knock it off, and pretty good way of securing it. I was fearing it would be like a dodgy camping torch bit this feels good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic must have GoPro acsessorey., 21 Sep 2012
This head strap is a GoPro must have. It fits nice and snug with no movement what so ever. The head strap even fits my 3 year old daughters head with no problems. I would recommend this head strap to anybody.

3.0 out of 5 stars Implies Genuine GoPro Item, but its not, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)

If you're looking at this item, then there are cheaper replica's out there which are no doubt exactly the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality copy, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
Was not GoPro original, the mounting bracket did not fit the GoPro camera housing and the captive nut thread was defective

5.0 out of 5 stars good product!, 2 July 2012
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
the product matches the description, I used on my cap while riding my bike downhill and the strap didnt fell off thx

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs practice for Scuba Diving, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
In principle, a great idea for diving - allowing hands-free operation and with the camera always following your line of sight. There are a few issues though: firstly the angle of attachment between camera and mount needs to take into account the focus area (I had the camera set to medium field of view but pointing too high initially - none of what I had been looking at was captured!); secondly bear in mind that the strap needs to fit your forehead above your mask - this may push it higher and further back; thirdly, you may wish to attach your own failsafe lanyard in case camera and mounting happen to shake loose; finally, you probably want to record continuously (operating the controls underwater on top of your head is tough!) - for a 40-50 min dive this means you'll need extended battery life, in turn adding to the size and weight of the lump on your strap.

GoPro Head Strap Mount