5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect all round base layer
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by Mr. S. Ahmad

3.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Lifa Dry T-Shirt
I have worn this t-shirt for cycling and for walking and i'm afraid to say it does not appear to be particularly hard wearing and certainly not as hard wearing as other baselayer t-shirts, including Helly Hansen t-shirts that i have bought in the past.
Published on 27 Aug. 2010 by Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect all round base layer, 20 Oct. 2010
Mr. S. Ahmad - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's T-Shirt Technical Baselayer (Sports Apparel)
Excellent base layer. Fits nice and tight and wicks away sweat. Keeps you cool during the summer and keeps you warm if worn under anything else during the winter. I ordered the white and the only negative comment I can make is that it does look slightly see through and so would be careful as to what colour to buy. Otherwise, its great. Wouldn't bother spending any more on the more expensive base layers as this does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could this be the crowning acievement of western capitalism?, 10 Dec. 2011
doublegone (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was thinking the other day, this garment must represent about the best value for money I have ever spent. They are totally reliable for the purpose and just keep on going. I have two long sleeved and one short. I've had them about ten years. They have been on countless camping trips, fishing, snowboarding and hiking expeditions. When its cold in the winter I just wear them day to day under ordinary clothes for extra insulation. I've been doing a lot of winter running lately. They go on under a normal running top and a windproof shell and its perfect even in the Scottish December. They always keep me warm, dry and comfortable. After a decade they show no signs of wear other than the lettering fading on the washing label. They look exactly like they did when I bought them despite being washed at all sorts of temperatures with all sorts of other items. I can't think of anything else I have ever bought from curtains to a car that has kept doing the business for ten years with no signs of giving up. No bobbling, no loose seams. Its extraordinary. And they are pretty cheap.

There are thicker and warmer base layers available from HH and other manufacturers incorporating marino wool, silk and all sorts of luxury. But for me the point is flexibility. I'd rather wear more fine layers and remain flexible as to what I can take on and off. There is nothing to these but they give you that layer of extra insulation that covers most eventualities, and when it doesn't you can wear two.

Bloody marvellous base layer. So good you probably won't even realise as you never think about them. They are just always there doing what you bought them for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 May 2013
Mr. M. Gunston (Bristol) - See all my reviews
HH are the best non merino wool base layers around in my opinion.
I am a size M in most clothes. However, with HH I find that a size M is very tight fitting and a size L is close fitting without hugging the skin.
I would say that if you have a slim/skinny upper body go for your normal size. If you are muscular or broad than go a size larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for many purposes, 14 April 2015
I was on the lookout for an all round high performance base layer for use during all physical activities as a bottom layer during cooler months and the only upper layer during warmer months.

I wanted the shirt to have the properties of being as breathable, wicking, fast drying and comfortable as possible with longevity of course being a big plus too. Having had experience with different polyester tops I was never completely satisfied with their performance under strenuous activity and didn't find the tops I had to be all that comfortable either.

I stumbled across this polypropylene base layer and was sold on the properties of polypropylene, just hoping that this top would be a good, comfortable fit. Receiving the product I was instantly more than delighted. The fit was incredibly comfortable and by just looking at the weave I knew it would be up to its task. Filled with optimism I went out on a bike ride to test it out and really tried to build up a sweat as hard as I could, but I just couldn't. The moment I felt the tiniest bit of moisture appearing from under the base layer, it would almost immediately be wicked away. If I get caught out in the rain with this and the skies clear I take off the shirt, strain the water out of it, put it back on, and it will be bone dry within 20-30 minutes. I've had the top for almost a year now and it's showing no sign of giving up on me any time soon. Just what I was looking for!

In the cooler months I'll bundle this base layer with the long sleeve helly hansen top (also the dry variant) to add more insulation whilst retaining the excellent wicking performance I'm after. With this set up I stay bone dry and warm in temperatures as low as 5 degrees C as long as I keep moving. Impressive! Can't fault it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Lifa Dry T-Shirt, 27 Aug. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive for sports or leisure wear, 25 Aug. 2014
Very impressed with this top. It is true to size, the colour is as displayed online. The fit is as a muscle type top, looks really flattering and is long enough, sleeves a good length too.

Temperature is kept at optimal levels when wearing for leisure or playing sport, it's been worn whilst playing tennis and felt great, kept skin dryer and temperature lower.

Once washed the top has retained shape and size, it's been washed on a low, gentle cycle but still had creases that needed to be ironed out, that's my only disappointment, but on a cool iron it's easily restored to being crease free, not enough of a reason to knock a star off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen lifa dry t-shirt (large), 10 Mar. 2014
Paul M. Campbell (London) - See all my reviews
I have the long sleeve in black/high vis.
If I order one more then thats me all set for Le Mans in June.
These tops are ideal for exercising as you quite simply stay dry, used as part of a proper layering system you will be comfortable for as long as you need to be. They look reasonably presentable, pack down to nothing, they are very durable and they don't smell too bad after you cool down. A company like HH don't get the reputation they have for nothing, I don't have a go-to brand for my outdoor gear but Helly Hansen is a brand you can have genuine confidence in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, 27 April 2012
Great shirt for running and high intensity activity.

My sizing in HH is between M and L. Already have a HellyHansen longsleeve Lifa Warm size L that fits me something between slim and regular, so I decided to pick a M this time.

Frst time looks like it's a bit narrow and maybe a liitle downsizing, but once worn, it just fits great. Hip and waist don't roll up during running. Its light and wicks the moisture away great giving the feel of running naked. You forgot you're wearing a shirt.

A great piece of gear, I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great t-shirt, 25 Feb. 2013
N. Wade (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I have lots of HH base layers which I tend to layer depending on how cold it is.
They're great tops, are warm (especially when layered) and wick sweat well.
They dry out pretty quickly too - I rinse mine out when I get to work and they're pretty much dry by the time I come to leave 8 hours later.

I'll certainly stick with buying these tops in the future.

Maybe one thing I have noticed in my experience is that for some reason, the white tops I've bought seem to be more close fitting than the other colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb fit, 10 May 2014
this fits superby and feels amazing, soft and silky. washes and drys exceptionally well and still looks as good as new have invested in another 1 already

Helly Hansen Men's T-Shirt Technical Baselayer