W.E.T.
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£14.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 10 November 2009
I have been a huge JSS fan for many years and have seen him play solo, with Talisman and Soul Sirkus. However this album is incredible.....JSS voice is really in fine form, their is not a single bad track on the CD and the musicianship is of the highest quality. This album has more hooks than an angler's hat!!!! After the manner in which he parted company with Journey, this album is the the perfect way to show that he is one of the most gifted rock vocalists of his generation......Best album I have heard for ages and "Running from the Heartache" and "Come Down Like Rain" are just perfectly crafted rock songs......Emotive and yet powerful too.......I highly recommend that you buy this CD.......!!!
on 9 November 2009
If you like AOR , then don`t hesitate , just buy this.
Jeff Scott Soto is an excellent vocalist who I`ve always thought suffered from inconsistent material , not here though.
Hooks , great melodies , superb guitar playing - if I had to make a comparison to another band I`d go for Journey on top form - Escape/Frontiers time.
Supergroups don`t generally work , Bad English being a noteable exception , but this is just superb.
They do make music like this anymore. ;)
on 4 January 2010
I bought this cd after getting into the last journey cd and kind of following their story. Read about JSS and took in the good reviews he got. Also spotted advert for this cd in classic rock. What a buy!! Some outstanding tunes and riffs. Infact I have to say I have not heard of the rest of the band but they are really really good. Seems that JSS jumps from project to project but on hearing this I hope he sticks with the band and they tour. Nice to know that whitesnake are still an influence on bands. Check out 'running from the heartache. Does that not sound like the start of 'here i go again?'
All in all its a very good cd that will stand the test of time in my stereo.
on 30 April 2011
Usually most AOR bands nowadays think they're better then everyone else and deliver a dreadful performance but not W.E.T. these guys kick some serious ass as showcased on this album. We get a stunning 12 track CD and an entertaining DVD with 3 music videos and an informative interview with Jeff, Erik and Robert. If you buy the Japan edition you get a 13th track on the CD but you don't get the DVD though. You get instead an acoustic version of Comes Down Like Rain which is still just as cool. Here's a breakdown of each track with ratings:

1. Invincible=a super cool track that opens up the record with fast guitar riffs and pitch perfect vocals. 10/10

2. One Love=a catchy tune that remains in your head even after the first listen. Epic vocals are included along with the funky synth sounds from the keyboards, the fast drum beats and the simple yet awesome guitar riffs. 10/10

3. Brothers In Arms=a song that sends out a very good message but you have to listen to it several times to understand what that message means. Although this track doesn't have a guitar solo, it does have a calming musical interlude with great keyboard work and slow drumbeats. 10/10

4. Comes Down Like Rain=what can I say about this track? It is B-E-A-UTIFUL! The first time I heard this I thought it was a masterpiece that was so beautifully put together. Jeff Scott Soto was made for singing ballads like this one as he just has the voice that no other singer apart from Johnny Gioeli (Crush 40, Axel Rudi Pell) and Mike Herrera (MxPx) has nowadays. 10/10

5. Running From The Heartache=a simple tune that delights and surprises with good vocals and good guitar playing. 10/10

6. I'll Be There=a song that has one of the worlds best intros as well as good guitars, dynamic drumbeats and vocals that will blow you away. 10/10

7. Damage Is Done=a tune that doesn't really stand out from all the others but it does enlighten you with it's simplicity. 9/10

8. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is=a song that may sound crazy and mental but it delights and surprises you with its awesomeness. 10/10

9. One Day At A Time=a song that starts off with a slow and relaxing intro and then turns out to be just astonishing. If you are one of those people that finds it difficult to cope with your every day routine without the one you care about then this is the song for you. 10/10

10. Just Go=a song that has a mad sound just like track 8 but is still superb enough to win your heart. 10/10

11. My Everything=a song you can sing to your girlfriend and not be embarassed about as the vocals deliver a excellent performance as well as the guitars and drums. 10/10

12. If I Fall=the longest track on the record but it delivers some absolutely amazing vocals, godly guitars and destructive yet superb drumbeats as well as soothing keyboards and pianos. One of the best ballads ever made on any melodic rock album. 10/10

I think you can tell from my review above that this is an amazing album. If you find the price to be a bit too steep then you can save yourself a few quid and get it from Jeff Scott Soto's website and if you order it before 12pm and choose the £1 first class shipping you'll get it the next day so you can enjoy the amazingness of this album. I highly recommend this album to anyone who likes AOR and melodic rock bands.
on 9 March 2013
Given the lack of detail in the Amazon listing - here's what you get

Disc 1 is the CD with 12 tracks - plenty of other reviews describe the quality of the music.

Disc 2 is a DVD - thsi is NTSC format but is all regions so should be easily playable. It last just less than 30 mins and includes 3 promo videos of tracks on the CD (One Love, Comes Down Like Rain & Brothers in Arms) and an interview with the three key band members. They actually shot two promo videos and constructed the third from the spare clips.
The interview is great describing how the W.E.T. project was put together, and the various contributions from the bands (Work Of Art, Eclipse & Talisman).

The DVD makes the CD well worth tracking down, rather than settling for a download.

The band have just released a follow up - Rise Up.
on 28 January 2010
I've been a huge Jeff Scott Soto fan since the days of Talisman and Takara, he has a phenonemal voice, whether he's in melodic rock mode, or when he funks it up. W.E.T is the latest vehicle for JSS and his Scandinavian rock buddies, and it's even better than I expected, colossal riffs married with soaring vocals add up to an album chock full of brilliant songs which left me rushing for the repeat button to hear it all over again. Several times! There's hints of Soto's brief stint in Journey, but overall I have to say this is a melodic rock masterclass, don't delay, but now!!!
on 25 January 2010
If you yearn for the music of prime time Journey, Survivor and the like, purchase this one immediately. Great songs, massive production, fine voice and musicianship make this an absolute must buy. Even though we've had great AOR in recent years from the likes of Mecca, Radioactive and 101 South, this one really is another notch up.
Can't wait for any future output, but really they'll be hard pushed to match this gem.
on 5 November 2009
This album is what its all about,its absolutely phenomenal. A blistering vocal from JSS and some real quality band members and songs to die for,buy it now!
on 22 August 2010
well what shall i say, thought journeys revelation album was great,wingers karma fantastic,and then wet came along and blew them all away, without doubt the best melodic release of the past 5 years or so ,jeffs vocals stunning as always the riffs and guitars brilliant thank u guys and i look forward to the follow up album, and if i fall a track up there with the real classics,not a bad track on this one
on 7 May 2014
Its my first WET album but I found the songs to grow on me! At first I wasn't sure whether I would like them but I really can see why they are well liked. They have a Great AOR feel to them, sometimes they reminded me of Whitesnake which is a credit to them. If you Love AOR then this weel worth buying!