5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little machine.
Published on 29 Dec 2009 by J. WEBB

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 cell battery is a joke
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by Snowy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little machine., 29 Dec 2009
J. WEBB (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Mini 110-1115SA Black 10.1-inch Netbook (Windows 7 Starter, Intel Atom Processor N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive, Wireless, Bluetooth, 6 Cell Battery up to 6 Hours Life) (Electronics)
I spent weeks looking at different net books trying to decide which would be best for me and to be honest there's not a massive difference in the models. i've been a HP owner for years now so i stuck with what i know and went for the mini which at this price point is certainly one of the best in terms of value on a windows 7 machine. it's fast to boot, lovely and light and the graphics on the lid are very sleek. the keyboard, although not full size is still perfectly functional to use and pretty comfy too =] battery life exceeds stated, in my case anyway, i've had 9hours out of it word processing even with the screen brightness at normal levels which thoroughly impressed. All in all a brilliant little companion!

4.0 out of 5 stars HP mini netbook, 10 Mar 2010
Irene Kelling "Irene" (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this to take on holiday to download photos from cameras. Its much better value than some similar photo storage devices, and can do so much more!
The web cam is not brilliant resolution but works Ok. Skpe runs fine.
I am very pleased with the general build and feel of it, nice keyboard to use.
The battery is a bit big , and heavy, but is easily removed so if I am a bit tight on handluggage weight I could put the battery in the suitcase, I guess.
The only problem I had is that the canon codec for raw pics, adobe lightroom and the canon photo editing software -none would install becasue they need a slightly bigger screen resolution (heaven knows why they have restricted that), but I found some freeware (Ifranview) which does the job fine and allows me to view and even edit RAW pictures. The screen brightness and colours are excelent for a small screen.
So if you are buying this for a special use -check the software you want to use will install ok on it first.
Many of the netbooks are XP - I chose this one as best value with Windows 7, and so far I am very pleased with that!
It comes with Windows 7 starter, which I am not sure if it is a cutdown version - cant find out much about it.
maybe I am still learning but I could not find features like being able to choose your own wallpaper which suggest they have removed some non essentail features?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little netbook., 3 Feb 2010
Mr. C. Hall "Chris" (London) - See all my reviews
Works just as well as my big laptop, fine for Internet and Microsoft Office. Very small, light and portable. Keyboard slightly cheap looking. Make sure you realise how small it is, I was (pleasantly) surprised when I took it out of the box, but the screen is perfectly readable. Boots in 1 minute 40 seconds. No disc drive!

4.0 out of 5 stars hp mini 110 netbook, 25 April 2010
M. Roberts - See all my reviews
This is the first netbook I have had, always used pc's. I have tried out other makes, owned by colleagues, and much prefer mine. I've had it for only about 3 weeks, and am getting used to it.
The keyboard is very positive, and being almost full size accommodates my big fingers well!
The touch pad is very sensitive, so it is easy to touch it by mistake while typing, with resulting curses as the screen changes, but I can manage to avoid it if I take care. I'm thinking of buying a lightweight mouse, and disabling the touch pad to avoid the problem.

The long battery life has just proved its value as I exchanged e mails while stuck in Spain by volcanic ash.
The non-reflective screen is also a big plus.

If you are thinking of buying a netbook, take some time to compare, as I did, and definitely consider this one.

The Amazon price was also a big plus.

(I found it better to download skype via Windows, rather than rely on the HP quick link on the start up page. It took me a few days to realise this.)

5.0 out of 5 stars great little netbook, 29 Mar 2010
This is my second netbook. i wanted somthing light and fast, with great connectivity. This one satisfied all my requirements. it is light in weight, great with windows 7 starter and connects to wi-fi networks with no trouble. Boot time is also very short, great when you need somthing quick. all round a sound product.

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 cell battery is a joke, 7 Jan 2010
Snowy (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
Can't say much about this as I only had it for a couple of hours - I bought it from Costco but didn't know about the battery configuration (the netbooks on display in costco had the batteries removed) - I couldn't believe it when I plugged the battery in, I thought I had put it in incorrectly (you won't find many pictures of the 6 cell battery attached to the netbook has HP obviously realise how poor it looks, the pics on amazon appear to be the 3 cell model)

I would urge any potential buyers to try and find some pics of the netbook with the 6 cell battery attached before ordering (the pics on here are very misleading)

I took it streight back to costco and I bought the Samsung NC10 instead, so far I am very pleased with it (they have also made a much better job of integrating the 6 cell battery)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic little number, 3 Jan 2010
Cake Lady (Rochford, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As with the previous 2 star reviewer, I also purchased this in the 250gb version from another retailer (when it was their todays special value) with all the extras, but unlike them I was very impressed with it. It is light weight, but sturdy. The button size is good (95%) and the response of it is fantastic. I spent a lot of time looking at cheaper models, and only went for this because of the good deal at the time, but am glad I did. I have recently added some software to a friends cheaper model (the one I was looking at originally) and the difference was quite obvious. It was smaller, less reponsive and slower.

All in all, I am very glad I purchased this, and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Mini 110-1115SA, 4 Jan 2010
Paul Wainwright (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
No problems so far with HP mini, Windows 7 Starter is not as resrictive as I first thought. Downloaded Windows 7 upgrade advisor & it appears HP mini can run any version of Windows 7 with no problems which is a bonus. Bought a 4GB SDHC card to use as ready boost memory as built in RAM can not be increased. Images on web site don't show that battery sticks out at the bottom of the Netbook, a bit annoyed at first but the gap created is useful for cooling purposes. Like very much the HP instant web feature, ready to go in about 8 seconds. Only problem is can't find a way to slow the mouse down when using instant web as it is way too fast for my liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 April 2010
M. Tate "M.T." (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Good swift delivery, well packed. Great having the 6 hour battery. Larger than normal and heavier, but no problem. Nice little netbook. Won't take the place of my larger laptop, but does all the little incidental things I want to do when I'm on the move and short on carrying space. Well made, clear screen, comfortable keyboard, fast and made by HP. Would highly recommend to anyone considering buying a netbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compact Companion, 20 Mar 2010
E. Kerry (Boston) - See all my reviews
I am extremely pleased with my new HP netbook. This was by far the cheapest Windows 7 netbook I could find, and the very reasonable price by no means forces a compromise on features and functionality.

Physically, this netbook is compact, comfortable to use, robust and attractive. I have previously owned Dell laptops, and I am extremely pleased with HP features, particularly HP Instant Web, which allows for instant start-up with access to essential programs. The system is quick, surprisingly so by comparison to my full-sized lap-top's dual core. Frivolously, the cover design is pleasing in a minimalistic manner!

I use my netbook for basic web-browsing and production of documents; I have also installed Power DVD (as there was no pre-installed DVD decoding software). Consequently, I am both productive and entertained on long journeys. The netbook has excellent battery life (I've had upwards of eight hours' utility from mine, and this is on the HP recommended rather than the energy saving setting). The 3 USB ports and the Micro-SD socket are helpful features, ample for my needs on the go. The netbook is also extremely light and functions quietly.

In short, this netbook and I are inseparable, and I belive it represents excellent value for money. I had considered buying a Dell Mini, but free Amazon Delivery and the reduced price mean that this netbook was comparably a bargain.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›