Size: Multipack|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 7 August 2014
Like most of the reviews here, I was over the moon with these tips when i first got them. I placed the first pair onto my HiFiMan RE-0 earphones and within minutes was enjoying much improved detail, low end bass, focus and clarity in everything I listened to. Given how comfortable they were to wear too, they were an absolute joy and made an already good pair of headphones into an astoundingly good pair. I'm not a heavy headphone user. I get monthly trips with my work which involve train travel and so they get a few hours use every few weeks, but even then, the first pair of these gave me less than 3 weeks worth of use. Hoping it was a one off, I fitted the second pair and treated them with kid gloves - never stretching them, twisting them or placing excessive force on them, but once again, the second pair lasted about the same amount of time. At that point I knew that by the time I'd fitted the third and final pair, it was time to start looking for alternatives. The problem with them is that they lose their shape and go soft, so no longer form a good bond with the ear canal, so the bass disappears and they end up sounding tinny and hollow.
Here's a tip though. You can get VERY close to these by getting yourself a box of the foam earplugs from Boots the Chemist - They come in a light blue box and contain 3 pairs costing around £3. You need a retractable ballpoint pen and a sharp knife (I actually did this without the knife, sat on a train, that's how easy it is to do). Place your pen in the middle of one of the earplugs and push through all the way until the pen tip comes out the other side. Now turn it around and just push the pen through the other way so the hole is about the same size at both ends. Once you've done that, cut the earplug in half using the knife (I just tore it in half with my fingers) and now stretch the hole in each plug over the earpieces of your earphones and you're done. Now you just compress the plugs slightly before inserting into the ears.
This idea may not last any longer than the Comply tips (I've only just started doing this so cannot comment on how long they last yet) but cost much less and are far easier to obtain when you're travelling.
66 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2010
I use NC-22 Sony Noise Cancelling earphones with my Ipod Nano, but I have never been able to get a perfect in-ear fit with any of the supplied rubber ear buds. As a consequence the noise cancelling/reduction is good, but not perfect. These little foam tips make an ENORMOUS difference. It's just like having ear plugs in. They are very comfortable and extremely good at shutting out background noise - in fact so much so that I have taken to sometimes switching off the active noise cancelling on the NC22 because it's not needed. Despite the outrageous price, these tips are worth every penny in my opinion.

PS. there is conflicting information on the internet for which earphones these foam tips fit. Very annoying! There is a list on the back of the packet which I have reproduced here for the T-400 series:
altec lansing backbeat classic, plus, pro;
audio-technica ATH-ANC3, -CK1, -CK7, -CK32, -CK52, -CKM50; Auvio 33-266, - 267, -268, -271, -286, -289;
Creative -EP630 and -EP830;
Philips SHE 8500, 9500, 9501, 9600, 9700, 9800, SHS 8000
Plantronics Voyager 855;
Radius Atomic Bass;
Sennheiser CX-95, CX-300, CX-400, CX-500, IE-6, IE-7, IE-8, MM-50;
Skullcandy Titan, Full Metal Jacket, INK'D, Smokin' Buds, Riot, Holua, Asym, Striker;
Sony MDR-AS40EX, -EX32, -EX51LP, -EX55LP, -EX71SLA, -EX75, -EX81LP, -EX85LP, -EX90LP, -NC11, -NC22;
TDK EB900;
Ultimate Ears Metro Fi: 100, 150, 170, 200, 220, SuperFi 4/4vi, SuperFi 5/5vi;
V-Moda Vibe, Vibe II, Vibe-Duo, bass-freq, sport series;
2XL Bunny, nuevo sonido, snake eyes, wrecking ball.

I can't vouch for how accurate this list is, but this is copied straight off the back of the pack. More details are on the comply website.

By the way, I ordered from Handheld Audio and they came within two days. Very good service.
on 21 August 2012
I've found these buds do make the headphones sound better, however - they completely fall apart very quickly. I bought a 3 pack at the start of June, and 2 pairs have already disintegrated! I am on the third pair now, and I can already feel them perishing.

And as they are coming apart - you get wee bits of black foam in your ears, which isn't nice at all. They are not cheap enough to warrant replacing every 3 months.

Very disappointed - I will be going back to rubber tips once this last pair die. A shame, too, as and they do sound good.
on 16 February 2013
got these after reading some reviews and they weren't wrong they are really good they fit snugly in to your ears and don't move, add more tone toy your music and good when running at the gym as they dont fall out. they do wear out after a period but that's a small thing
on 31 July 2014
Like others have said, they are great.....while they last......which they don't!

I suspect each set lasted roughly a month before falling to pieces. So it would be £60 a year to keep using these, which is far too much.
on 29 November 2013
They're:
- light
- comfortable
- they filter out the external noise really good

The only dowsnside is that they're become hard over time, but that's because if the humidity, I suppose, but - hello, for that price? I'm going to buy another set.

Highly recommended.
on 13 July 2012
When used with a pair of SoundMagic E30 earphones, I found the difference in sound, comfort and isolation to be totally negligible. As others have said they get dirty quickly and are hard to clean.

I definitely wouldn't buy these again.

Update: the first pair of these just disintegrated after less than two months of light use.
on 8 October 2013
I wouldn't be without some Comply earphone tips on my IEMs. Thanks to these I can wear my IEMs all day without any pain or discomfort and the sound isolation is peerless.

An instant upgrade to any earbud style headphones, they're an absolute must. Buy some - you won't regret it.
on 9 March 2016
Blocks almost as much outside noise as a set of proper ear plugs. Also makes reduces the volume of your music that others can hear to virtually nothing (as long as your earphones don't leak sound themselves). Adds a weight to mid and low range notes that wasn't there before. Reduced the brashness of my cheap earphones. Very comfortable, even after hours of wear. BE WARNED: you do not hear much that's going on around you - do not walk out in front of a car or something, and certainly NEVER wear these while cycling etc! These are great for my bus ride to work, just my music - just for me no matter how quiet or loud I have it. They feel like they'll last. I particularly like the little plastic sleeve down the inside which makes them hold on TIGHT to my earphones so they don't get loose and fall off like cheaper tips I've tried before.
on 5 February 2013
I was surprised, this is actually a really good buy. Replace your buds, squash up, insert and you've got a great secure fit.

I'd recommend getting the larger sized tips. My friend (who has the medium ones) has to hold them in place while they expand.