Style Name: Adventura 170Change

on 23 May 2011
A typical Lowepro camera bag. That is to say a well thought out design with some useful little touches. Well made (In China) from what seems to be a good quality water resistant material. Good stiching and zips. It follows the usual format of one main compartment that can be "customised" with velcro dividers. It also has a neat little pocket for spare memory cards and a bigger pocket for a filter or two. A spare battery, card reader and camera remote easily fit in the two outside pockets. The "blurb" claims it will take an SLR with lens and two spare lenses, but it would be a squeeze! It comfortably takes my Nikon D5000 with the 18-55 lens as well as my 55-200 zoom and might, just, take a short lens as well. It suits my needs admirably, because I wanted a compact bag. To sum up: "A very good little bag for the money, but be careful with the size."
on 13 July 2012
I was looking for a bag for my SX40 and spent a lot of time trawling through camera shops and on line stores. It seemed that I would have to resort to compromising something - price, water-proofness, quality of material, size, padding, security...one of these, I feared would have to be compromised.

But no.

By chance, whilst searching through the bags in a small private camera shop in Chichester, I stumbled upon this beauty and my fiance kindly bought it for me. I have been delighted with it. It is exactly what I was looking for: secure, strong, padded, a good size (it comfortably fits my Canon SX40, a couple of spare filters, a spare battery, lens cleaning cloth, a small table top tripod, spare memory cards, charging cable and my small point and shoot camera too (well, why not?) It even was home to my raincoat during a trip to the New Forest last week. In fact, the torrential rain we walked around in was proof that this bag is indeed waterproof.
on 25 August 2011
Bought this case for my Pentax DSLR Camera and it fits perfecly with the lens attached. If you carry more than one lens then this bag will easily fit the camera body with two lenses. The quality is excellet and the padded body adds protection to your valuable goods.

The carry handle on the top is a handy addition and isn't something that can be found on the majority of other compact cambera bags, the shoulder strap is detachable if you don't want the bag slung over your shoulder. This is a must have if you value your camera.
on 6 October 2012
this bag is well made and well designed, with orange interior that makes it easy to see the contents.

this bag fits the following:
- Panasonic FX150 (this is a fairly compact bridge camera)
- lens hood
- 55mm lens converter
- 1.7x tele converter lens
- macro lens

and there is room to fit another 2 lenses, just about !

Cables and memory card fit into the front zipped pocket.

There are 2 side pockets which you could use 'temporarily', as they each have an elastic closing top, but not zips.

Strap is comfortable. Makes all this gear really portable - I cycle around with all my camera gear now, no worries, even with the Irish rain !

Would recommend - however, perhaps best you try in a walk-in street store, just to make sure that the bag suits you and your gear.
on 9 January 2012
My canon 550D fits perfectly, able to fit some extra items on the inside sides and front pockets (big tight for the charger but just fits and 2 extra battery.) I love the orange colour inside, thick quality paddings to ensure protection, the outside looks average. I like how it has the zip around and big buckle at the front because when the camera strap is still attached I cant zip it up but can still bucckle it down tightly.

Its very convenient to have a small slot pocket at the back perfect for a map or some paperwork. And as two small pockets on either side for my camera and some money so I only carry this bag with me when I'm out on the streets.

The only problem I've had with it so far is the shoulder strap which I feel could be made off better quality. From two weeks of rather intensive traveling the black shoulder strap is starting show quite a bit of strings peeling off.
on 3 June 2012
The way i found this product was on the lowepro website. If you go onto the bag finder and put in your camera model it shows all the lowepro products that will fit that camera. So i found the adventura 120 and found it on amazon and decided to trust the lowepro website. WHen it came it looked smaller than i expected but however it fitted my Sony Cybershot HX100v and charger perfectly. Would definitely reccomend this case. The padding inside is so soft and a moveable divider inside is great and easy to use. If you are not sure whether this will fit you camera go to the lowepro website and click on the bagfinder, it is great and it works. This is the link for it

[...]
on 3 May 2013
This review is for the 160.This was smallest I could find that would take my Pana Lumix FZ200 with lens hood attached, Metz 44AF-1 flash, and larger Gorillapod, plus the odd battery and polarising filter etc. The internal dimensions quoted are not correct, the dimensions of my bag are: Width 190mm, Height 160mm, Depth 120mm. The padding is thick and firm,and is of uniform thickness in the sides,and the top and bottom. My only reservation is with the plastic snap on attachments that fix the strap to the bag.They seem to be strong enough but time will tell. The camera fits in with the lenshood attached pointing down, the flash fits to the left of the camera, and the Gorillapod fits with the legs folded to the right(see pics). Each one is easily removed as required. The partitions are held in place with strong velcro and the bag can be configured in several different ways to hold the same equipment. This way suites me best. Would recommend, but be quick, may be out of production now as I couldn't find any UK source so bought this from Germany, no problems here,arrived within 4 days after dispatch well packed.
33 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2014
This a the perfect compact case for my nikon d3200 with 18/55 lens - I looked at loads but this is the best I've found.

Its smaller than it looks like in the photo. Seems very well made - though I agree with others that the strap might is perhaps not as good as the case material.

Don't think you'd get a second lens in this - just too small, but its really neat too.

Good price too at £17
on 27 January 2012
This bag is a great size for the Panasonic FZ150. It even fits a set of pocket binoculars, charger, spare battery, mini tripod, USB cable and a card reader, with a small amount of spare room. Its a well made and laid out product with good dividers to make the large compartment suit anyones needs. The carry strap is comfy and a good amount of length adjustment.
on 17 April 2014
The Adventura 120 came closest to my requirements as a bag for my new Sony RX-10. It is compact; I have minimal accessories except a spare battery but it holds the RX-10 with lens hood in place. I wanted something that complemented the RX-10s 'always there' portability. Top access with clip and zip closing. Discrete; it doesn't shout "very expensive stuff inside".

It is very affordable but also the materials and fittings don't have a particularly high quality feel. I would have paid more for a higher quality product e.g. from Crumpler but nothing else met the essential requirements. But I am sure this will last a decade and completely fail to give me an excuse to get another one and that will be just fine with me.