4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated but worth the effort

Published 4 months ago by j9ele

4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated but worth the effort, 13 April 2010
A. McKeand "AliMck" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Tools Essentials Vocal Studio (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
I ordered this for my daughter for her application for college. It was not easy to get to grips with and took a couple of attempts to load and then a further hunt on how to download onto a CD. We have also had problems with the mic socket as it is a bit temperamental. Apart from these technical hitches (better instructions would have helped) it is a good piece of software and I would have no hesitation in recommending it - I think we were just unlucky with the mic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mic for home producer - pro results, 1 Aug 2011
D. L. Holder (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Tools Essentials Vocal Studio (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
The mic feels really good quality when held - it sounds even better too!

The bundled software is pretty easy to use as a newcomer to Pro Tools (of any version). I bought the mic to record my daughters singing. it costs about the same as hiring a "real" studio for just a few hours.

Only one small thing bugs me a little bit and it's not *that* bad is the fact you have to record and playback via headphones (plugged into the mic itself). I can fully understand the need for recording but not for playback. anyway, it's a small point because once I've played around with the lovely effects that come bundled with Pro Tools I export the entire mix and throw it into one of my favourite audio editors and can then use my speakers to master it further.

Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars if your a audio geek this is for you, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Pro Tools Essentials Vocal Studio (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
I am a Uni Student that is on a radio course, and after buying this i haven't been able to live with out it. If you are an audio greek then this is the type of software that is needed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 5 Aug 2014