5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic piece of kitchen equipment
Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by R. Hannah

Published 2 months ago by Kurt Steiner

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic piece of kitchen equipment, 2 Dec. 2012
R. Hannah (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid 5KFPM775BER Red Artisan KitchenAid Food Pocessor (Kitchen & Home)
I already had the Kichenaid blender so had great expectations and I wasn't disappointed. I have used the processor almost every day since it was delivered. I have made chutneys for the first time for about 25 years. It's so easy and quick to chop vegetables in large quantities but do use the pulse button otherwise you will have a puree! I have also made a cake using the rubbing-in method which produced the 'breadcrumb' texture in a matter of seconds. The juicer is very efficient and produces more juice than doing it manually. It is a very heavy machine so is completely stable in use - due to the weight I would definitely recommend keeping it on the worktop. All in all, a fantastic piece of equipment. I'm now considering buying the mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars KItchen Aid Food Processor, 18 April 2013
OMG! I had one when I lived in the states and LOVED it. So after I purchased a much cheaper food processor and it fell apart in less than a year, I thought I'd spend the money for this beauty. The description does not do it justice, it came with so many more attachments than described; making an already excellent product incredible. A MUST BUY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 16 April 2013
This was bought as a present for my son. He has told me that he loves it and it has taken pride of place in his kitchen. Very easy to clean and impressed with the double bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 14 Feb. 2012
Great product and great service. The processor arrived quickly and was well packaged. The processor itself is very good and has excellent accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Great brand failed by crappy design of integrated handle/safety mechanism prevents functioning, 3 Mar. 2015
KitchenAid is a trusted brand in our family - my parents still use a food processor of the 1970s (45 years old!). That's a trivute to the all-metal all-singing-and-dancing quality of this appliance. My purchase of this fire truck red up-to-date processor left me only red hot with anger. The handle contains an integrated safety mechanism exercising pressure on an engine switch. If the pressure switch is not well positioned, the whole processor doesn't do anything at all. Result, my processor has worked only intermittently - actually, no more than 20 times. Guarantee is useless because the manufacturer claims this is user-driven/user-caused. I think it's faulty design. Avoid like the plague. Shame on you KitchenAid to tarnish your brand this way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big red machine, 28 Jan. 2013
I chose this because it got better reviews than a Magimix, particualrly in regard to servicing, and I needed to replace a very old processor. It all seemd to be going swimmingly until I used the citrus press when it seemd that the little widget that needs to connect to allow the blades to rotate was not getting aligned every time so that the machine intermittently did not run. It seems OK but I hope that this is not somehting that will create fruther probelms in the future and affect durability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Let Down by Flimsy Plastic, 11 Feb. 2014
The processor itself works pretty well at everything, though it should be noted that it has only one speed, which reduces its usefulness.

The metal casing feels like its built to last 1000 years and the controls work smoothly.

My processor broke after a couple of months of use when a piece of the handle mechanism broke. We are not heavy handed!

After this the machine would not work at all unless the broken part was taped firmly in place. I am constantly amazed that manufacturers do not seem to understand that any item is only as good as its weakest part.