on 12 January 2013
The spring for the scissors is very much the achilles heel of the Victorinox knife. When the spring eventually breaks (and it will), get one of these!

I found the easiest way for me to put the new spring in was to put the curled end in the hole a bit, at an angle, line up the straight bit with the gap, and then use a pair of pliers to force it home. Knife good as new!
on 26 May 2012
Like the other buyer, my original spring lasted 20 years. Hopefully this identical new one will last just as long. Unlike the other buyers I actually found it very easy to put the new one in. I put some sellotape on the pliers so it wouldn't scratch the penknife. Then held the spring's round end above the hole but held the other springy end at the other side of the scissors such that a tiny bit of the new spring was in the narrow groove. Then I applied pressure to the round end with the pliers and it was done. To take out the old broken spring required gradually shuffling it out with the pliers.
on 29 February 2012
Love my swiss army knife, but after YEARS of abuse and hard usage the spring broke on my scissors and I was gutted as they no longer worked properly. I eventually found this handy replacement and after a bit of a struggle I got the spring in my old swiss army knife and now have usable scissors once more!

It is a little tricky to place the spring correctly within the scissors but a good pair of pliers and some patience (and maybe a little brute force and ignorance) and the spring will pop in nice and securely. Great product and will extend the life of many victorinox swiss army knives.
on 26 September 2013
It took me hours to fit the damn thing. I tried all the methods given in other reviews, which in then worked. just want to add that cello taping the blades out of the way is a safe move. Also be be prepared to lose the spring at least three times - it has A life of its own! clamping the knife to a bread board finally helped to fit the spring.
four stars because it's very expensive for what it is.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 December 2013
Had a CyberTool 34 since 1999 and first the toothpick vanished and then it suffered a broken scissor spring. Thanks to (UK Outdoor Store) Amazon I have now replaced both bringing old faithful back to spec. It was easy to fit; the old spring fragment will slide out with a suitable prodder, the new one can be forced in with the aid of narrow tipped pliers. It pushes in from one side as the receiving hole and slot is tapered. Works like new.
Surely though, two for this price?
on 25 March 2012
The original spring on my Swiss Army knife broke after 20 years, so I am not complaining about the knife or quality of manufacture in any way. Unfortunately fitting the replacement spring is very difficult. I would like Victorinox to supply some guidance on how to fit replacement springs.
I only managed to install the spring after squashing the loop but this means the fit is not as strong/tight as it should be and the spring often moves out of alignment when closing the scissors.
Not what I expected from the Swiss masterpiece.
on 19 April 2013
Very Expensive at £4.00 for a tiny spring, but it did arrive in good time and has given new life to my scissors.
Still can't get over the cost though!
on 3 October 2015
Looks and feels strong and robust, and seems credible as a genuine Victorinox part. As other reviewers have noted, it takes a bit of patience to fit. I used a pointy bit from a jewellers screwdriver set to push the old, broken spring out, and then fitted the new one in with a pair of pliers. The whole process, faffing around trying different approaches and looking at YouTube, took about 15 minutes, but once you know what you are doing, it could be done in one.
on 21 April 2016
This fits the knife well, but unlike the original it doesn't have a V-shaped end (opposite the loop) that locates into a groove on the inside of the scissors to stop it from dislocating in use. This might just be a change of design by Victorinox, and the design as supplied will fit scissors with and without the groove (not making use of the groove if it is present). The spring I received looks exactly the same as the one pictured.
on 21 October 2013
Second time lucky - previous one too small despite being the approx size indicated for the length of the scissors