Format: DVD|Change

on 2 January 2010
This was used as a step-by-step approach to teaching Year 5 children three different Indian Dances. The DVD is broken down into a warm-up, step-by-step lesson for each dance, the full dance routine/workout and ends with a challenging stretch cool-down. We taught the entire year group (60 children) simultaneously using the hall projector system over a term, culminating in a 'Bollywood Production' for parents and the local community, with the Bollyrobics routines as central to the performance (the ability to turn off the clearly read instructions to leave only the soundtrack was invaluable). The children loved the dances, loved the DVD and performed so well we ended up in 3 local newspapers, interviewed on BBC Radio Sussex and had a BBC South Today TV crew in to film the event for broadcast! Many of the children (and several other schools) have bought the DVD themselves as a result. An excellent product for aerobic exercise and building stamina ... as well as teaching boys and girls to love dance. Highly recommended!
on 11 October 2006
The good news first: unlike other Bollywood workout dvds (of which there are few) there's no poor dubbing or problems with the synchronisation of the music here. Everything sound related is well intact with "Bollyrobics". English instruction is offered in addition to Hindi and Spanish. That being said, I found the title a tad bit misleading. With the add on of "robics", I assumed that this dvd would be something of a dance-cardio fusion that might be fun for a high impact workout. While the warm up and cool down are alright, the actual workout is not what I'd consider an intense calorie-burner. That is of course,if you're looking for cardio activity. There are three dances to learn and each is taught step by step, with an awful lot of stop and go. This is great for learning the dance. It certainly is fun, and of course any activity at all is good for burning a few calories here and there. But be warned that even when one has mastered the dance and does it full speed there are still pauses and slower parts to the dance, so its not a continual impact routine. I just thought I'd mention it since the title might lead one to believe otherwise. That being said, if you like learning dances, this might be the dvd for you. I think its a decent intro to Bollywood dancing though too basic for experienced afficiandos. On the other hand, those with no experience in dance might find it a bit frustrating at first but I think after a few goes, the steps should start to come together with greater ease. In short, if you like to dance, or if you're looking for a lighter workout to augment your cardio routine, this is a good dvd. Bollywood fans take note: the music choices are not that great, in my opinion. Most music is from Weber's "Bombay Dreams", the only other Bollywood piece used is from "Kal Ho Naa Ho".
on 25 April 2008
This is the best exersice dvd I have (and I have many). Bollyrobics is really about dancing, not just basic aerobic moves with Indian music playing, like some other Bollywood exersice videos.

There is three great dances and I like them all. The third one is my favourite! It's quite short, but I repeat it always three to six times!

I really do recommend this for all who are looking exersice video, that has really something to do with dancing. Bollyrobics is fun and sweaty to do!
on 11 January 2008
Found this a very good, clearly set out dvd. Found the excersise/dance adequate for people who don't want to go mad, but would like to keep reasonably fit. The warm up and cool down are just right. I enjoyed the music and the movements very much, and sometimes do a pilates workout before this, so then it all knits together very satisfactorily! You definitely notice the toning up and there is a small amount of cardiovascular, especially for the newcomer to fitness. A very good dvd.
on 18 March 2008
This is a great and fun cardio workout. Divided into 3 sections, each to a great song with a super beat, this is a top notch DVD. Each section has a warm up and cool down, plus a step by step routine break down and a section where you get to put it all together. The instructions are superb, and clear. I very highly recommend this DVD to anyone who wants a fun, fresh workout.
on 18 June 2008
I bought this dvd to learn a bit of bollywood style dance to teach to a junior belly dance class and it was great, though it does help to have a bit of belly dance background. I love the music and the choreography. The youngsters are learning the dances (i have asked permission from the makers) and look fab doing them. It's fun and lively and a good introduction to bollywood style dance. A follow up is planned for release in 2009.
on 17 May 2010
I am not a dancer at all but this was exactly what I needed to get in shape after a long illness. The menu at the start gives you the option to have just music only or commentary. I found this very handy as sometimes it was hard to hear the music above the instruction. Problem solved. You can look at videos of this dvd on the internet. The Steps look very fast but they are broken down in easy steps.

I am finding the 3 dances all good fun.
It is hard to see the dancer's feet clearly but often the steps are very simple, so it is not much of a problem.

I would highly recommend this dvd to anyone.
on 20 July 2009
My wife thinks that this is a good work-out DVD. There are 3 options and they each offer a warm up and cool down series of exercises which she feels is important. The movements are explained well and visually easy to follow. Anyone with a sense of fun and a love of Bollywood or middle eastern dance will find this DVD entertaining and challenging.
on 3 September 2010
great dvd for ones starting to exercise again not really for the mega fit people out there, but ive not good health and this isnt to strenuous but at the same time it tones in all the right places. the camera work is excellent as you can see all the moves clearly and the instruction is very clear to. enjoy!!!
on 12 October 2007
Wow,I just love the dances and the song.As a beginner I found it challenging at first,though it helped me a bit to have a basic bellydance background;in fact I think there are a lot of moves which are borrowed from bellydance!Mahi ve is probably my favourite and despite I was struggling to put the moves together at the beginning I actually mastered it after only a few days!
It's great fun and as a Bollywood fan I find it a fantastic way to exercise!It certeainly makes me feel exausted at the end!