5.0 out of 5 stars Live at the Max
Published on 2 Dec. 2010 by Mr. D. Morton

3.0 out of 5 stars over the top
This is my third live Stones video, and I must say I like this one the least. Image and sound are OK, but I think the performance itself is over the top. I like them more as a 5-member band without all the extras (3 background singers, a complete brass band, ... in this case).
Published on 14 Oct. 2011 by Music and Film fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Live at the Max, 2 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Live At The Max [Blu-ray] [1990] [2009] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I saw the IMAX film of this concert just after it was first released. I thought, then, that the IMAX film was better than being at the concert - the sound was excellent, but, best of all, the picture quality was astounding. I bought the DVD of Live at the Max about two years ago. The sound was passable, but the picture quality was appalling - certainly not as good as I was expecting. I have recently upgraded my system to HD TV and Blu-ray player and thought I'd try the Blu-ray version of Live at the Max. It is astonishingly good in both audio and picture and at least as good as the IMAX film. An advantage, of course, in watching the Blu-ray version as compared with the IMAX film at a theatre, is that the Blu-ray version can be paused for refreshment breaks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray ...BETTER !!, 6 July 2010
Simon Harold (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This is about the Blu-Ray ,
FANTASIC !! , this is for me the BEST stones concert I have seen since the High-Def disc was lauched. Anyone thinking of getting "The Biggest Bang" on blu-Ray don't bother as that is the same as the normal, but this is somewhat very special !
I had the normal DVD which was a 4:3 picture cut down for video version from many years ago just in what was then "stereo sound" with washed out colour and okay for the 90's.
This new print has been taken from the original 35mm IMEX print used to screen in IMEX cinemas back in the eary 1990's.
the transfer is sharp and very hight quality , no grain and ritch colour means all the light from the pinks to blacks are deep. Micks clothes and costmes are so fine with detail you can see the stiching , and it is also fun to see detail on the crowd (like what they have on thier shirts and hats.
The colour is very vivid through-out as alive as the day of the show , and the NEW 5.1 DTS HD master gives you the Wembley sound we all know on cup final days..loud and full of atmosphere.
This is the stones at their best , doing what they do best , it is also region free so not probems with playing , ...if you like this bad , this Blu-Ray version is a MUST SEE , it beats any other current live perfomace on blu-ray or DVD that are around.

3.0 out of 5 stars over the top, 14 Oct. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Blu Ray, 18 Jan. 2015
I saw this film at what was, at the time, the only place it could be shown in the UK - the IMAX theatre at Bradford. In the meantime I have enjoyed occasional screenings at home of a Laserdisc edition. The Blu Ray release is nothing short of magnificent in both picture and sound. It does full justice to the excellent source material and the transfer from IMAX has been done very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystel clear sound and very nice camerawork. And, 11 Jan. 2015
This is how every rock-consert should be captured. Crystel clear sound and very nice camerawork. And...Rolling Stones have hardly been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Music, 16 Nov. 2014
As expected, top quality music from a top quality band

Live At The Max [Blu-ray] [1990] [2009] [Region Free]