5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da
Published on 23 Oct. 2009 by Todesengel85

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best nor their worst album but it does provide listening ...
Not their best nor their worst album but it does provide listening pleasure (if you like this kind of thing and I do).
Published 6 months ago by Sheldon Tamsett

5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da, 23 Oct. 2009
Todesengel85 "Todesengel85" (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So we hear nothing from Rammstein for years then we are given "Pussy" Whilst this song worked for me musically, I thought the blatant crass lyrics were disappointing for Rammstein. The subject matter didn't offend me, they've been singing about sex for years, but they usually do it much more cleverly than "you have a pussy, I have a dick, so what's the problem let's do it quick"

So with trepidation I rushed out on release day to my local HMV (sorry amazon) and picked up the album, and after one listen all my fears were quashed. Let's start by saying this is their heaviest album yet. Richard and Paul excel in their guitar playing on this record, Tills voice sounds as menacing as it ever has and Christoph's drumming is superb.

Standout tracks include "B*******", which has the best riff Rammstein have written since Sonne, it hits you like a 10 tonne truck. Couple that with Till shouting in the chorus and the whole song sounds almost apocalyptic.
"Weiner Blut" starts off quietly with some quiet menacing singing from Till, then after a spine tingling utter of "wilkommen..." you just know all hell is gonna break loose, and it does with another earth shattering guitar riff.

My favourite song is perhaps the most unlikely candidate, "Fruehling In Paris". This starts with a delicate arpeggio played on clean guitar, and tender lyrics from Till and builds into an epic ballad, it is staggeringly beautiful and I dearly hope they include it in their live shows.

If you're a Rammstein fan this is essential, it is without question their defining album, there isn't a weak track on it, I already have my ticket for Wembley on the 4th of February and I couldn't be more excited!

Oh and spend the extra few quid on the deluxe edition, the bonus tracks are worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars It will never be a "Mutter", but it's not a bad effort., 20 Jan. 2010
southcoastreviewer (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
I must admit, when I watched a video of a drum session with Schneider drumming out what turned to be the backing for "Mehr" I got pretty excited.

As it turns out, "Mehr" is one of the standout tracks on LifAD, but a lot of them fall down - whereas tracks like "Mehr"; "Rammlied" and "Ich tu Dir Weh" simply scream at you to get yourself into a mosh pit darn quickly before one of the band exits stage left in a rubber dinghy.

"Mutter" was, is, and will always be the pinnacle of Rammstein's song making. Reise was a good effort, and from what I could gather, Rosenrot was the remnants of the cutting room floor after they had finished the previous album (your could tell).

One thing hasn't changed - the songs are as cutting as ever. I often tell easily-offended friends not to bother translating the tracks, as they'd possibly never listen to Rammstein again. Though I was a little bemused (and delighted) to hear Till belting it out in English in track 8.

Standout tracks are Rammlied, Ich tu dir Weh, Haifisch and Mehr. I can't stop whistling the intro to Roter Sand either.

Fans hoping for a return to the head-thrashing, foot-stomping glory days of Mutter will be disappointed, but this isn't a bad effort at all, and some of the tracks are going to translate really well to the live tour, which I am more than looking forward to seeing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on Form, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
For me, Rammstein's previous offerings up until Rosenrot are pure genius - I would be hard put to choose a song I dislike. Rosenrot is good as opposed to the excellence of Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter and Reise Reise. LIFAD brings Rammstein back to their best. From the anthemic 'Rammleid' (was lucky enough to get to see them last week in Barcelona and this is THE mother of all openers) to the wistful 'Fruehling in Paris', and the outstanding 'Waidmann's Heil' this is definitely a top notch album from one of the best bands around.
Summary - Like Rammstein? You'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da, 1 Jan. 2010
I am new to Rammstein but have purchased their entire back catalogue since hearing this album!!
It is quite simply stunning in every respect, heavy, well put together and in keeping with all that is great about this band!!
After listening to their back catalogue I feel this is their best piece of work to date, I can't wait to hear the songs live in Manchester in February 2010!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da CD, 21 Nov. 2009
Mr. G. S. Davis "Gremlin" (Andover,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is Rammsteain's best Album since Mutter. I have pretty much listened to it every day since I bought it and am still not bored of it. For Rammstein fans this is a must and for those new to Rammstein I think this or Mutter are the best introductions.Worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Return to form- some quick thoughts, 13 Oct. 2009
Paul McNamee (North Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
It's a cliche, but it IS a return to form. After 2006's vastly disappointing Rosenrot (a collection of singles plus a ton of filler) it's nice to see Rammstein back on top, experimenting, taking risks, and most importantly, playing some seriously heavy metal. We're talking scary heavy, heavier than Herzelied heavy. "Weiner Blut", "Mehr" and "Rammleid" are among the hardest songs this band has ever produced.

Of course, it's not all New German Hardness: much as each of the band's last albums was a progression from the previous, so too is Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da. For the most part it works- but I've deducted a star for the passable but ultimately unnecessary "Haifisch" and "Fruhling In Paris", anti-Rammstein songs that feel a lot more out of place than I'd like. They're not bad songs, but they're not Rammstein songs either.

After the controversy and attention that lead single "Pussy" attracted, it's good to see the band hasn't churned out a parody, a self-mockery. Even that song is perfectly catchy pop metal, that emerges as a genuinely well crafted song after the dust of the notorious video has settled.

If you're familiar with Rammstein there'll be few surprises on here. The playing is still focused on crushing, buzzsaw riffs, Schneider's drumming as concise as ever. It is only Lindemann who has something new to offer here, his (greatly improved) singing voice juxtaposed with an often-employed indescribable shout effect that's just about the most frightening thing since the Third Reich.

Short version- the album's really good. It's not a grower by any means; it's appeal is instant, obvious. One or two detours detract from the flow, but it's still their best record since Mutter was released. Some of these songs are guaranteed concert highlights, and I for one can't wait for the tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sneaky Surprise From Rammstein, 19 Oct. 2009
When I first heard that Rammstein were releasing a new album back in 2008, I was anxious. Whilst I adore Rammstein, I had felt their albums were gradually getting less good. Sehnsucht topped my favourite albums of all time, Mutter followed soon after. However, Reise Reise was further down, and Rosenrot left little impact on me as a whole. Lyrically it was clever, but lacked that certain power and oomph that the others had musically.

Having heard Marilyn Manson (another favourite artist) claim his 2009 album to be the heaviest yet, and have the album dismally fall short of that expectation, I took Rammstein's claims that this was going to be dark and similar to Sehnsucht and Mutter with a pinch of salt.

Oh how I was wrong. My optimism rose as I heard previews in the form of the tongue-in-cheek Pussy and teutonic stomper Rammlied. This has been my most anticipated album of all time, and it paid off. It's full of lively and powerful anthems, and sprinkled with a topping of a couple of thought out slower songs.

I give this a solid 10/10. The only downsides are that I don't think Rammstein will get any better than this, and that the keyboards and industrial styles are downplayed a little bit. However, the songwriting and musicality of this completely made me forget about that. It is their best album, with Sehnsucht on its tail. In my opinion, this is there definative statement. This is RAMMSTEIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic of Epic Proportions, 13 Feb. 2010
Like many people are with their favourite bands, I was nervous when this album was in the post: what if it was awful? What if they'd followed up the lukewarm effort of Rosenrot with a disastrous attempt to "find new ground"?

Thankfully, on first listen my fears were quashed. The epic opener of Rammlied, their new live opener, set the pace for an album which is truly pushing their earlier albums for top spot in my heart. The monstrously heavy guitars, sweeping yet crushing vocals and the bloopy keyboard sections are all present, but they are tempered with a slightly more moderate and measured approach. The inclusion of fanfares and beauteous quieter sections give this a very mature feel, without losing any of the intensity for which Rammstein are famous.

Highlights include the stomping Waidmanns Heil, which is probably the most catchy metal song I've ever heard, the delicate strains of Frühling in Paris and, of course, the explicit romp of Pussy.

Rammstein fans will not be disappointed by this and it is also a great place for new fans to begin and delve into the best German band ever.

Buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rammstein Back With A Vengeance, 19 Oct. 2009
R. Bridgett (London) - See all my reviews
After the disappointment of Rosenrot, which also sported amazing album photography, I was fearful that Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da might tread the same path. Aside from a few standout tracks, Rosenrot had failed to deliver. However, when I heard the bombast of "Pussy" I instinctively knew that the boys were back, with a vengeance. The cheeky lyrics and video, the energy and "European" sound I so missed, were all present and correct, and it was a good omen for things to come. Now, having played their new album (special edition) to death, I can reassure long-term fans that this has been worth the wait. From the first track, the powerful Rammlied, the album grabs you and doesn't let go. Sure, there are more sensitive tracks, but they are all excellent and prove that Rammstein are not afraid to take risks. This is a far more adventurous album than Rosenrot and the less aggressive tracks stand repeated listening. This mixture of high-energy and thoughtfulness is what I have come to expect from Rammstein. They are an adrenalin rush but they also excite by coming up with the unexpected. I highly recommend this CD (it must be the extended version, by the way, if only for Fuhre Mich - another Rammstein classic). As much thought went into the album art as the songs: beautifully crafted photos - like bawdy "Old Master" paintings. The music and the photos show that Rammstein still care about their fans, and that they still have the drive and hunger that make them the most exciting rock band in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 28 Nov. 2009
This is a great CD - Its Rammstein ++.
There is lots of variety in this album, I love the brass thats used on some of the tracks, it gives the music some swing. The songwriting is first class.
all the band perform brilliantly, Til's vocals are astounding. the Production and mastering is absolutely perfect for this music (take note Metallica !).
And the Packaging is also superb.
Buy the Deluxe edition, the extra tracks are in no way inferior to the standard Album...you just get more top quality songs.
I really like the version of Rotor Sand on the bonus CD. its quirky and dark.
Nothing about this package is anything less than top quality. Its the work of people who are very good at what they do, and care deeply about it.
I'd give it six stars if I could.

Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da
Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da by Rammstein (Audio CD - 2009)