5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da
Published on 23 Oct. 2009 by Todesengel85

3.0 out of 5 stars What happend to my industrial angels?
I've been a Rammstein fan for years and have always liked their music. Usually i'd count down the days until my pre-order arrived and then play the new album non-stop when i got it. Sadly though, i haven't been able to do so with LIFAD. I just don't get where people come from when people claim it to be their "best yet" or a "return to form" etc. Not to say that it is a...
Published on 18 Oct. 2009 by Cuppie

5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da, 23 Oct. 2009
Todesengel85 "Todesengel85" (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So we hear nothing from Rammstein for years then we are given "Pussy" Whilst this song worked for me musically, I thought the blatant crass lyrics were disappointing for Rammstein. The subject matter didn't offend me, they've been singing about sex for years, but they usually do it much more cleverly than "you have a pussy, I have a dick, so what's the problem let's do it quick"

So with trepidation I rushed out on release day to my local HMV (sorry amazon) and picked up the album, and after one listen all my fears were quashed. Let's start by saying this is their heaviest album yet. Richard and Paul excel in their guitar playing on this record, Tills voice sounds as menacing as it ever has and Christoph's drumming is superb.

Standout tracks include "B*******", which has the best riff Rammstein have written since Sonne, it hits you like a 10 tonne truck. Couple that with Till shouting in the chorus and the whole song sounds almost apocalyptic.
"Weiner Blut" starts off quietly with some quiet menacing singing from Till, then after a spine tingling utter of "wilkommen..." you just know all hell is gonna break loose, and it does with another earth shattering guitar riff.

My favourite song is perhaps the most unlikely candidate, "Fruehling In Paris". This starts with a delicate arpeggio played on clean guitar, and tender lyrics from Till and builds into an epic ballad, it is staggeringly beautiful and I dearly hope they include it in their live shows.

If you're a Rammstein fan this is essential, it is without question their defining album, there isn't a weak track on it, I already have my ticket for Wembley on the 4th of February and I couldn't be more excited!

Oh and spend the extra few quid on the deluxe edition, the bonus tracks are worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars It will never be a "Mutter", but it's not a bad effort., 20 Jan. 2010
southcoastreviewer (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
I must admit, when I watched a video of a drum session with Schneider drumming out what turned to be the backing for "Mehr" I got pretty excited.

As it turns out, "Mehr" is one of the standout tracks on LifAD, but a lot of them fall down - whereas tracks like "Mehr"; "Rammlied" and "Ich tu Dir Weh" simply scream at you to get yourself into a mosh pit darn quickly before one of the band exits stage left in a rubber dinghy.

"Mutter" was, is, and will always be the pinnacle of Rammstein's song making. Reise was a good effort, and from what I could gather, Rosenrot was the remnants of the cutting room floor after they had finished the previous album (your could tell).

One thing hasn't changed - the songs are as cutting as ever. I often tell easily-offended friends not to bother translating the tracks, as they'd possibly never listen to Rammstein again. Though I was a little bemused (and delighted) to hear Till belting it out in English in track 8.

Standout tracks are Rammlied, Ich tu dir Weh, Haifisch and Mehr. I can't stop whistling the intro to Roter Sand either.

Fans hoping for a return to the head-thrashing, foot-stomping glory days of Mutter will be disappointed, but this isn't a bad effort at all, and some of the tracks are going to translate really well to the live tour, which I am more than looking forward to seeing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on Form, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
For me, Rammstein's previous offerings up until Rosenrot are pure genius - I would be hard put to choose a song I dislike. Rosenrot is good as opposed to the excellence of Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter and Reise Reise. LIFAD brings Rammstein back to their best. From the anthemic 'Rammleid' (was lucky enough to get to see them last week in Barcelona and this is THE mother of all openers) to the wistful 'Fruehling in Paris', and the outstanding 'Waidmann's Heil' this is definitely a top notch album from one of the best bands around.
Summary - Like Rammstein? You'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars liebe ist fur alle da, 1 Jan. 2010
I am new to Rammstein but have purchased their entire back catalogue since hearing this album!!
It is quite simply stunning in every respect, heavy, well put together and in keeping with all that is great about this band!!
After listening to their back catalogue I feel this is their best piece of work to date, I can't wait to hear the songs live in Manchester in February 2010!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da CD, 21 Nov. 2009
Mr. G. S. Davis "Gremlin" (Andover,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is Rammsteain's best Album since Mutter. I have pretty much listened to it every day since I bought it and am still not bored of it. For Rammstein fans this is a must and for those new to Rammstein I think this or Mutter are the best introductions.Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rammstein at their VERY Best, 22 April 2011
A. Cox "AJC24" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Lets get one thing straight right here and right now - because it needs to be said - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is the finest example of Rammsteins best ever work. You can forget Mutter (well don't forget it, because it's too awesome to disrespect like that, but I mean that you can finally put the bed the idea that Mutter is Rammsteins finest album) and you can also cast aside your arguments for preferring any of the other albums in their catalogue - be it Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Reise Reise or Rosenrot.

Rammstein just don't have a bad CD in their catalogue, not even a single one, and with each new one they try new ideas and a somewhat different direction, and Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da carries on this trend of innovation and originality. This CD has divided the fans (or at least, it originally divided the fans) as it is a new style for them. Their music was always somewhat industrial, whereas in Germany their music was classed as "Tanz Metal" or dance metal for those of you who don't know much German to begin with. This new album can ONLY be described as plain and simple Metal. There are epic songs on here ("Rammlied", the CD opener is a glory to behold) as well as signature catchy chorus tracks ("Ich Tu Dir Weh" being the most notable one - and, for me, the best song they have ever created as a band) and the traditional slower "ballad" type songs (of which the supremely epic and beautifully crafted "Fruhling In Paris" stands out a mile). This CD has all their usual style with their usual high degree of finesse. THIS is the ultimate Rammstein CD. Take into account that I am a fan only since 2001 (sadly, Rammstein wouldn't be as well known in Ireland as I'd like them to be) and I have worshipped this band ever since. To me, their 6th studio album just showcases the fact that they are getting stronger and musically more powerful with age - and makes up for the somewhat "B-Sides" aspect of their previous offering "Rosenrot" released in 2005.

The one thing that really pushes Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da above all the others is the fact that as a product, this really is a masterpiece. Till Lindemanns vocals are exceptional on this CD, flawless to be exact. Likewise the guitar riffs sound heavier and more mind blowing than ever before. Even the drumming from Schneider is more advanced than on previous outings. Everything is written better, performed better, and sounds better on this CD than on any of their previous masterpieces.

The ONLY way to buy this CD is to buy the Deluxe Edition with the 5 Bonus Tracks - however therein lies the one and only disappointment of the CD. "Roter Sand" is the 11th track on the main disc, but for some reason Rammstein have also included two alternate versions of this song on the Bonus Track CD. That's all and well - but one alternate version would surely have been enough? The song is good, but I don't see the point of three versions of it on the one CD. I would have MUCH preferred to have another song on there instead (surely there must have been at least one other recorded song that they could have used?).

Bottom line from this review is, however, this is Rammstein. This is their best CD. What more could you want? Buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Return to form- some quick thoughts, 13 Oct. 2009
Paul McNamee (North Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da (Audio CD)
It's a cliche, but it IS a return to form. After 2006's vastly disappointing Rosenrot (a collection of singles plus a ton of filler) it's nice to see Rammstein back on top, experimenting, taking risks, and most importantly, playing some seriously heavy metal. We're talking scary heavy, heavier than Herzelied heavy. "Weiner Blut", "Mehr" and "Rammleid" are among the hardest songs this band has ever produced.

Of course, it's not all New German Hardness: much as each of the band's last albums was a progression from the previous, so too is Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da. For the most part it works- but I've deducted a star for the passable but ultimately unnecessary "Haifisch" and "Fruhling In Paris", anti-Rammstein songs that feel a lot more out of place than I'd like. They're not bad songs, but they're not Rammstein songs either.

After the controversy and attention that lead single "Pussy" attracted, it's good to see the band hasn't churned out a parody, a self-mockery. Even that song is perfectly catchy pop metal, that emerges as a genuinely well crafted song after the dust of the notorious video has settled.

If you're familiar with Rammstein there'll be few surprises on here. The playing is still focused on crushing, buzzsaw riffs, Schneider's drumming as concise as ever. It is only Lindemann who has something new to offer here, his (greatly improved) singing voice juxtaposed with an often-employed indescribable shout effect that's just about the most frightening thing since the Third Reich.

Short version- the album's really good. It's not a grower by any means; it's appeal is instant, obvious. One or two detours detract from the flow, but it's still their best record since Mutter was released. Some of these songs are guaranteed concert highlights, and I for one can't wait for the tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sneaky Surprise From Rammstein, 19 Oct. 2009
When I first heard that Rammstein were releasing a new album back in 2008, I was anxious. Whilst I adore Rammstein, I had felt their albums were gradually getting less good. Sehnsucht topped my favourite albums of all time, Mutter followed soon after. However, Reise Reise was further down, and Rosenrot left little impact on me as a whole. Lyrically it was clever, but lacked that certain power and oomph that the others had musically.

Having heard Marilyn Manson (another favourite artist) claim his 2009 album to be the heaviest yet, and have the album dismally fall short of that expectation, I took Rammstein's claims that this was going to be dark and similar to Sehnsucht and Mutter with a pinch of salt.

Oh how I was wrong. My optimism rose as I heard previews in the form of the tongue-in-cheek Pussy and teutonic stomper Rammlied. This has been my most anticipated album of all time, and it paid off. It's full of lively and powerful anthems, and sprinkled with a topping of a couple of thought out slower songs.

I give this a solid 10/10. The only downsides are that I don't think Rammstein will get any better than this, and that the keyboards and industrial styles are downplayed a little bit. However, the songwriting and musicality of this completely made me forget about that. It is their best album, with Sehnsucht on its tail. In my opinion, this is there definative statement. This is RAMMSTEIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album.. And, duh, of course it's obscene..., 18 Dec. 2010
I'm just going to throw right out here immediately; this album is incredible, a truly epic, stunning journey full of darkness, beauty, humour and filth. And, to all of you complaining about the obscenity, that is precisely the point! Art relects the state of reality, so if this is obscene, it's only because society is! If you don't like obscenity, why are you listening to 1) Rock music in general and 2) Rammstein, a band with a long and gloriously dirty history of spreading nastiness through their music? Go listen to some Christian folk or something...

Anyway, on to the music. The best tracks for my money are "Rammlied," "Ich Tu dir Weh," "Fruehling In Paris" and "Wiener Blut." But really, picking favourites seems churlish when presented with such a collection of treasures. That said, I most say that "Donaukinder" on the special edition is one of the most beautiful songs the band have ever recorded, right up there with "Seemann," "Stein Um Stein," "Sonne" and so on...

So to conclude, the heaviest, filthiest and probably funniest album this most special of bands has ever written and right up there with all their past glories...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic of Epic Proportions, 13 Feb. 2010
Like many people are with their favourite bands, I was nervous when this album was in the post: what if it was awful? What if they'd followed up the lukewarm effort of Rosenrot with a disastrous attempt to "find new ground"?

Thankfully, on first listen my fears were quashed. The epic opener of Rammlied, their new live opener, set the pace for an album which is truly pushing their earlier albums for top spot in my heart. The monstrously heavy guitars, sweeping yet crushing vocals and the bloopy keyboard sections are all present, but they are tempered with a slightly more moderate and measured approach. The inclusion of fanfares and beauteous quieter sections give this a very mature feel, without losing any of the intensity for which Rammstein are famous.

Highlights include the stomping Waidmanns Heil, which is probably the most catchy metal song I've ever heard, the delicate strains of Frühling in Paris and, of course, the explicit romp of Pussy.

Rammstein fans will not be disappointed by this and it is also a great place for new fans to begin and delve into the best German band ever.

Buy this.

Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da
Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da by Rammstein (Audio CD - 2009)