5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
This thing is, quite simply, like greased lightning and probably quicker than the proverbial off a shovel.

It almost makes the 6 (RAW) shot buffer on an EOS 7D a thing of the past as it seems to increase to a more usable 9-10 shots before it slows down - and even when it does slow down, it still seems to be usable. On JPEG only, the buffer is now effectively...
Published on 3 Jun. 2011 by Wile.E.Coyote

1.0 out of 5 stars 16GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 90/MB/s UDMA CF
Usually use Lexar cards, but as Sandisk are running a cashback offer and everyone and their dog rave about the extreme pro range i ordered both a 16GB CF and 16GB SDHC extreme pro card.
Used both (formatted in camera first) for a football match, saving RAW to the CF and small jpeg to the SDHC as always and all seemed fine...until i tried to download images!
To...
Published 18 months ago by curiousyellow

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge capacity and fast access, 23 July 2011
N. Adolphus (Shepperton, Middlesex, England) - See all my reviews
I wanted a high capacity CF for my Canon 7D camera which, with 18 megapixels, uses a lot of memory. I also wanted quick access and reliability as I was going on a 'holiday of a lifetime'. Despite taking many still pictures, and a fair bit of video, there was still capacity in the CF card at the end of three weeks! The only drawback is the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 64 gb memory, 11 April 2013
M. E. Payne "Martin Payne" (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought this card to receive the 1080 line HD video output from my Nikon D800. The card has the capacity to handle the video content and the 90mb write speed to very quickly clear images from the camera buffer. No juddering or freezing. Downside is the price at over £200. I could get a decent digital camera for that! I fail to understand why the Sandisk SD card of the same specification is less than half the price. This Compact Flash card price feel like a rip off, but the camera takes one SD and one CF, so little choice but to pay up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 16GB Extreme Pro, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: SanDisk SDCFXP-016G-X46 16GB Extreme Pro 90MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Flash Card (Personal Computers)
I've always purchased Sandisk products and have never been let down, and this latest purchase is no exception. In fact the only issue I had was geeting the card our the plastic carry case!!

I've used this card at airshows with an EOS 7D at 8 FPS on RAW and was pleaseantly surprised at the minimal writing lag expereinced. This is a real bonus when attempting to capture just the right shot when focusing on a fast moving object.

Fully recommended and will probably buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy card!, 13 Sept. 2012
Just received this card, ITS BLAZINGLY FAST! I also bought the SD version too for my Nikon D800.... "the perfect match".
OK, I know they are expensive but what you are paying for is speed...and thats just what you get....oh, and of course the peace of mind that you have a reliable Sandisk card too.
Highgly recommended if what you need is speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast & Reliable, 5 May 2012
Dave (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Since going digital I have always used SanDisk cards and only once has a card failed me (I was still able to recover my images using the SanDisk software) and the card was replaced immediately. The Extreme Pro is their fastest card to date both in camera and downloading to your PC it is however still a little over priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely waterproof !!, 28 Feb. 2014
Using a high end camera (Nikon D4 currently) it seems daft not to use anything but quality memory cards but on any camera I think cheaper ones are a false economy especially given recent price drops. I have always used Sandisk and recently the Pro or Extreme Pro ones. I'm not as fussed perhaps as some about the incredibly quick write speeds (though nice) as much as the durability. Suffice to say this was in an inside waterproof jacket pocket as a back up card when I was recently photographing on a local river. I discovered I had lost the card at end of the day, looked everywhere and put it down to a clumsy expensive mistake on my part. Not happy I kept retracing my steps and finally after 24+ hours found it submerged in 18 inches of water in edge of the very chilly river. Dried it out slowly at room temperature, card absolutely fine. Enough said really! This time it had no crucial images on it but if it had...etc etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and solid!, 2 May 2012
Mark Douglas (Farnborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This product is exactly what you expect from SanDisk - very solid packaging, and extremely fast!

Although the packaging showed "90MB/s - UDMA6", the actual card was showing "90MB/s - UDMA7" on the label! Has anyone else had this?

In usage, the card is amazingly quick. I have a Canon 5D MK III which is capable of 18 fps while shooting RAW. However, this is only possible with UDMA7 CF cards (according to the manual). I couldn't afford a UDMA7 card as they are much more expensive, but when I tried burst continuous mode with this card I got roughly 20 shots before the camera slowed. Things obviously depend on content of the shot etc, but I really wasn't expecting anything this good! I also have a 95MB/s SD card (also SanDisk) which manages about 12-14 fps before slowing down. So this CF card is definitely faster than that.

I can't really comment on the durability and reliability of the card as it is new. However, judging by my other SanDisk cards, it will be a very good card and stay with me for years to come without letting me down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pro's choice, 21 Nov. 2013
I'm a professional photographer and these are my first choice of card. I have had problems with other brands of compact flash card in the past but I have never ever had any problems with SanDisk in the last 10 years. I trust these over all others cards. I always advise people to download their cards completely, back them up on a couple of hard drives and the important thing in my opinion is to then format the card in the camera before you use it again - don't just delete files as some people do - Format Card! If you are using these Extreme Pro cards in a 5D iii you will notice the speed difference over the standard Extreme cards on write times. Shooting RAW as I always do with the Extreme you are waiting at times for the camera to catch up but the Extreme Pro is quicker and IMO worth paying the extra for. Happy shooting. Best David TheBigPicture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Capacity 32gb, 21 Oct. 2012
Managed to buy this card when the price dropped to £99.99 and glad I did, you'd be hard pressed to fill it in a day and I often use my Canon 7D for video clips too!Bought many Sandisk products and as always they provide excellent quality and reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast and super reliable - the card to trust, 13 April 2013
After about 10 years of digital photography, I have tried a wide range of cards, and talked to many people who have tried others. The bottom line is that the memory cards, like the tyres on your car are the one area where it is easy to cut costs, but you will always end up regretting it. I have never experienced any problem with any of the dozens of Sandisk cards I have used, nor know of anyone who has had a problem with one. I have had problems with non-Sandisk, and have witnessed colleagues and friends who have lost irreplaceable shots of children or special events.

the Extreme Pro range is fast enough to be pretty much future proof and is also resistant to moisture and dust. I use these every time especially for any important shoot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›