Size: Medium|Change

on 20 April 2016
Good product, feels very good but it looks like it has to be changed roughly around 6 months. Because they are so confy and soft the wear and tear shows up fairly quickly. Still rebuying this every 6 months is worth it. Wish you could chose 3 pairs of 1 size.
on 1 April 2014
The product packaging was extremely simple and easy to understand. The tips themselves were slightly difficult to fit onto my SoundMagic PL30s without slightly damaging the tips, but once they were on the fit was very snug so they definitely wouldn't fall off and get lost, so I can live with that.

The difference in perceived sound quality is fantastic with these tips; they conform to your individual ear shape and seal it off to give great isolation. The waxguard is a really useful feature, although it does mean that you replace the tips slightly more frequently, which brings me neatly to my next point. The four-star rating is for the life-span of the ear tips. Mine have lasted for (under reasonably low usage) just over two months. This is not fantastic, since my previous ones held on for two years before being unusable, but to be honest they clam to last for three months per pair, so this is something you should just be more aware of when buying them.

Overall, they are a brilliant investment if you love comfort and sound quality. They are super-comfortable, and really allow you to listen to your music in a more enjoyable way, even if it only lasts three months.
on 20 February 2015
After reading countless good reviews on these, I gratefully received a set of these as a gift. To sum these up, I do not understand why I had not purchased them sooner!

I love wearing in-ear buds, and have been wearing them with the standard silicone tips for many years. I recently switched to using SoundMagic E10S buds after my old pair broke down, and despite going through the large selection of silicone tips they provide (including the tips from my old buds) I still struggled with them being "just right" for the long listening periods I usually have!

Within a few minutes of adding these - wow! Instant comfort, almost like they do not feel like they are there after a few seconds! They feel much sturdier and I am no longer frequently adjusting them!

Another bonus is the sound quality improvements! As they have a more snug fit, they help the drivers bring out the lower notes better and it feels tighter.

A second testament to this is my wife, who usually loathes in-ear buds... 5 Minutes with the small size in this pack and she was sold! I then had to go and get her a pair of SoundMagics to go with the tips she's now acquired from me!!

If there was one thing that could make these better, is to provide a pill like case which you can protect the buds as I frequently take mine from their case to find a cable had squashed one of the foam pieces and I have to reshape them before inserting.
on 2 October 2013
I got the mixed size pack, because I wasn't sure if I'd need small or medium sized tips. I was thinking small, but it turned out I need medium, so good choice for me to go for the mixed pack.

I use these with the ribbon in-ears that came with my HTC One smartphone. Those in-ears are surprisingly good, crisp and clear with a nice sound stage for in ears, if a bit heavy on the bass, but the microphonics produced by the ribbon cables touching anything (my clothes!) is horrendous!! Using these tips, combined with putting the ribbon cables over my ears, fixes most of that problem.
And these tips block out most of the phone conversations going on around me in my open plan hell- err.. office. For that alone they're worth the price, and I'm expecting them to perform wonderfully on my next flight as well.
on 4 December 2014
I bought these to replace the standard ear buds on a pair of SoundMAGIC E10 earphones.
I commute to and from work most days on the Tube and wanted better isolation to enjoy podcasts, music etc.

If I was rating these little fellas on their fit and ability to cut out external sound (I'd estimate a reduction of around 80%), I'd give them a good 4 stars.

Unfortunately, despite only wearing them for 1-2 hours a day, 3-4 times a week, each pair has managed to split within a few weeks. I'm now on my last pair (there are 3 pairs in a pack) and one is showing signs of splitting - a sure sign that they only have a few wears left before I need to replace them again.
I've used similar priced buds by Shure (on Shure earphones) and they offered me slightly better isolation and lasted much, much longer.

Maybe I've been unlucky this time around, but having paid almost 70% of the cost of the earphones for these buds and having to replace them after just 4 months, I can't recommend them.
on 16 February 2012
I coupled these with JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones and they make for a great combination.

Creates a perfect seal, comfortable and they stay put. I use them in the gym and i never have to worry about them falling out.

4 stars as they are a bit pricey and are said to need replacing after around 3 months of use.
on 3 April 2013
Bought these to go with my SoundMAGIC E30s purchased around a year ago.
In short:
- Girlfriend blow-drying her hair about 1.5m away this morning, played some Sigur Ros on my phone, volume around 50% (conversation level, I'd say). Couldn't hear the hair dryer at all, or the girlfriend shouting at me over the hair dryer. Bonus.
- Been wearing them since then (around 5 hours so far) and I've forgotten they're in; The cables dangling from my ears are more uncomfortable, and they are folded behind my ears and barely noticeable. I could easily wear these all day long.
- They are remarkably secure. I had a good fit with the bundled silicon tips with the E30s, but the Comply memory foam just blows them away naturally. Fitting was fiddly (I have wide but shallow ear canals, or some other weirdness), but with a little *less* pressure when holding them in place I got a very comfortable and secure fit without any muffling of the headphones.
- One problem: I have no idea how loud I'm being anymore. I can't hear my typing of this review at my keyboard, yet my girlfriend just came upstairs and told me to stop hammering on the keys. I guess that's a good problem to have, though.

Comparative eBay review: **GREAT PRODUCT* AAA++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: I bought the combi set, and have used the Large fitting for the reason stated above. My g/f, luckily, has Philips SHE 9500 headphones which these fit also, making these a £10 upgrade to my headphones. WELL worth it, IMHO, at that price.
on 22 August 2014
They were great at first. Really good sound insulation and because of that, great bass reflex and high end clarity but, having had them a while, both the large and medium sized buds have split rendering them useless...
on 15 April 2015
I absolutely love this little piece of kit. But my wallet is hurting a little bit.

PROS:
Comfort
-Comfortable in the ear. If you think about ear plugs, they work the same way in which you put them in and they take a second to settle in so that you get a snug fit. Despite the tighter fit in your ear, they are still very comfortable because of the soft material which caves in to the shape of your inner ear. (Might feel a little weird at first because of the different material)
-Doesn't get cold unlike the normal ear tips which make it really comfortable to put on during the winter.

Installation
-Quite hard to put onto your earphones but at the same time makes it hard for it to be accidentally removed which is a pretty good trade-off.

Sound
-Better noise isolation because they fit tighter in your ears. Really does block out a lot of background noise.
-Better sound quality because the ear buds themselves are closer to your eardrums because of the tighter fit of the ear tips. Expect higher volumes, stronger bass, and clearer trebles.(not a big improvement, but are welcome nonetheless)

CONS:
Price
-Overpriced. They really are on the pricey side.

CONCLUSION:
I've had them for 4 months now and I've only used one pair and they haven't shown any sign of wear off. Honestly, If I ever lost my current ones, I wouldn't hesitate buying another set despite the cost. I can't go back to basic ear tips. But let's be realistic here. It's expensive. Minus 1 star. Around £10-15 would make more sense.
These seem to get a lot of good reviews (which is one of the reasons I bought them), but I'm afraid that I just didn't like the feel or the fit of them at all.
The memory foam idea, the noise isolation and the wax guard all attracted me to them.

But, at the end of the day, if I don't like the feel of them in my ears, then I am not going to use them.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.