4.0 out of 5 stars A mostly great DAB radio
I'll start by saying that I like this radio. I needed a new radio to replace my aging FM set and looked at the specs and reviews of many makes and models. I eventually narrowed my search down to Pure and then just needed to select which model. I quite liked the look of the Evoke Flow but it sounded (to me) to have a little too much bass and seemed quite expensive for a...
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by Big F

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan II
Pro's - Great DAB radio at a resonable price. Nice design and finish, best of all a great sound with seperate bass and treble controls. Clear display, simple to use, auxilary input for your MP3 etc if required, battery or mains powered.

Cons - Perhaps I've been unlucky, but the first of these great radios I received stopped playing after a couple of days...
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Parsley

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan ll, DAB Radio, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
Great sound quality & features, easy to setup & use. Looks good with a clear display that dims after a few seconds once controls are not being used. Volume control is rotary but steps in clicks & volume seems to jump too much from one click to the next, just at the level wanted for background music; so ends up either too quiet or to loud for my desired level. But overall very pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality digital radio, 17 Feb 2012
A. E. Comyns (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
I wanted to replace my DAB starter model, a PURE ONE, with a stereo model. Incidentally, altho this model had only one speaker, and hence was mono, when you listened with headphones you found it was actually stereo! An unadvertised bonus. However, I wanted a stereo for room listening and a tone control, which few models have.
I have been completely satisfied. The sound is good and the presets easy to use. I have not tried the 'play again' feature, I did not want it.
It is very heavy, but this is the price one pays for quality.
The headphone (bought separately) has an incredibly thin wire, I hope it lasts as long as the radio.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy portable radio, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
Good sound but setting alarm is a bit long winded. Aerial in way of carry handle. Use FM indoors as walls too thick for DAB reception, DAB in garden or garage. Good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Crackle free reception, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
Just got this out of the box, easy set up, all required stations stored and now enjoying decent crackle free reception (in a poor reception area). Sleep timer, alarm all easy to set, should be a dream in use. Sound quality fantastic, with added bonus of separate bass and treble controls. Early days yet so will have to see if some of the reported faults happen on this unit.
Would highly recommend at this stage. May invest in chargepack if I find normal rechargeables a pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB radio, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
I was very impressed by the quality and condition of this product when it arrived. It is good value and has a very chic appearance.love it :)PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pure Elan ii DAB Radio is fantastic., 3 May 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
The Pure Ellan ii is a very good radio indeed. Good sound quality. Well built and very good looking. It has many good features. Worth every penny. I would recommend to anyone. The best out of all the dab radio's i've tested. I am very pleased with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE Elan II, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
I purchased this product on behalf of my husband who wanted it for work. It arrived promptly and in excellent condition. On opening it, my husband realised it was actually too good for work but took it anyway. The only slight problem he had was that the small bracket which holds down the aerial broke the first time he used it but he decided not to send it back as the sound quality was excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a happy experience, 16 April 2013
Spent endless time repositioning the antenna and/or the unit itself in an endeavour to achieve decent reception for longer than ten minutes
- despite the display indicating 100% signal strength.
Thought I would try a comparison test with another appliance, so I attached an antenna to my Miele vacuum cleaner.
I have to admit that the Elan sounded better than the vacuum, but only very slightly. So the Elan gets 1 star.
Have now returned the Elan and reverted to my cheap Sony radio which works first time, every time.
Before you invest in a Pure product, ask yourself "Do I feel lucky?"

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan 2 - disappointing, 28 May 2011
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
I had had a Pure Elan ('I') for about six years, having seen it in M&S and decided to treat myself to celebrate a new job. I was pleased and it performed quite well though not without faults over that time (e.g. switching itself off when at a high volume). I needed a radio for my workplace so I decided to take the old Elan there and buy a new DAB radio for home. After considering all the options I reckoned the Elan 2 gave me the features I wanted (Elan 'I' plus a bit more) for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, three weeks after delivery the screen went blank. Lit but no text. Nothing at all. Nothing in the instruction book to help and trying various buttons made no difference. Unplugging and replugging 'sorted' it, but why should I have to do that? How long have Pure been making radios? Why can't they get such basic stuff right? It makes me wonder what else will go wrong. I expect to be able to keep it and have it working right for years, what confidence can I have in it? None.

Also the aerial fouls the handle, and vice-versa, not good. No such design flaw with the first model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely radio, 15 May 2011
Robert Draper "cxprestigeauto" (Calne, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PURE Elan II, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio (Electronics)
This is a lovely radio. The build quality is excellent with good materials. It looks the part and will make a good addition to any room or potting shed! The radio tunes quickly and seems to have decent reception even in darkest Pembrokeshire! The only real quibble is the extra 30 that PURE want for the rechargeable battery pack. The radio is hardly cheap to start with and the additional cost would be negligible if factory fitted. That said the pack is quick and simple to fit and seems to provide adequate power though I have not tested it for periods of over two hours. The sound is perfectly adequate for the purpose but is hardly going to challenge a full stereo system or for that matter a good Bose unit. Overall a pleasure to use and own.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›