on 2 November 2010
This headset works with My iPhone and provides excellent sound quality. The headphones are comfortable over prolonged wearing As it works via Bluetooth there are no wires to catch.
First impressions from using the headset were very positive: stylish, lightweight, comfortable, excellent sound. Though I have noted that the controls and operation are not so good. Volume control and the answer/end button work fine, but rewind works very rarely. The sensor simply does not recognize my double-tapping. Unfolding of the headset to turn it on was very nervous at first, because hinges look fragile. But this is not a problem, one month has passed and the hinges are still intact. There are other problems with the headset.

Headset periodically loses connection for 1-2 seconds. Sometimes the period is longer. Similar symptoms appear every time you turn on the headset, but they are held with greater frequency and duration - it is simply impossible to listen music the first two minutes after the pairing. So I just take off my headset on this time - and it's really annoying. At first I thought that the problem is with my phone, so I tested the headset with my wife's phone and my MacBook Pro - the problem still was there. The problem does not occur when you connect the Halo as regular headphones using the 3.5mm cable.

Another thing you should to consider is a velvet coating on the inner side of the Jabra. After a week of careful use this coating started peeling off near the hinges and on the sides of the headset. Small pieces of this material is gradually fall off, exposing the fabric material. Nice? Read more.

One of the biggest priorities for me was to use this headset as regular headphones with the 3.5mm cable. Yesterday I discovered that the connection between the Halo and the micro-USB connector doesn't feel quite right anymore. It is suffice to move a little bit my head and the sound disappears. But the biggest problem now is to charge the headset. I need to move connector slowly up/down and pray to put it in place.

Maybe I was not lucky to order a problematic item? I don't know. But I'll be happy to replace or repair it. And the biggest problem is that I can't find any service center of Jabra here in Ukraine, so I really do not know what to do.
on 7 January 2011
Very comfortable to wear for long periods and stays in place well even on a bald head.
Sound quality is excellent.
I havent been able to run the battery right down yet despite using it for most of the day.
Pared easily with my iphone4 and imac and ipad.
Highly recommend it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I first used a pair of blue tooth headphones about a year ago and I was delighted with them, even though they weighed in at 260g and made me look like a Cyberman; the mere freedom of being wireless was a joy.

I am familiar with Jabra after using their first 'Jawbone' Bluetooth set for mobile and an artful design it was. That simple ergonomic style has translated across to the Halo. The unit is lightweight (96g), has smooth lines and hinged wings that switch the unit on when unfurled to form a semi circular (halo) headset.

The earpieces sit lightly on the ear and the music quality is superlative. They fold to a reasonably compact size and fit inside a supplied, padded pouch for storage.

Once unfolded for the first time, the headphones automatically start to try to pair up with Bluetooth devices. I didn't pair straight away but I found it was a simple process to complete subsequently (press a button on the headphones until a blue light comes on, activate Bluetooth on the required device and everything then happens automatically).

The headphones need to be charged for around two hours before they are first used. The manual states that they can be used whilst charging, but I found this rather impractical. The absence of an on off switch means that you need to fold them up to retain the charge.

A slight reservation is that I wonder how robust the 'snap hinge' is in daily use. A small component within the Jawbone unit I had previously broke off after about 18 months and I am hoping that Jabra have made sure that the hinge on the halo will not prove to be a point of weakness.

I didn't seem able to turn up the volume using the control on the Halo but this may have been due to the volume already being limited or because the Ipad volume control overrode it. However, volume levels were fine for normal use.

A cable is supplied to enable the Halo to be used with items that do not support a Bluetooth connection (although this would seem to defeat the object).

As with all these remote devices, it is worthwhile checking that the technology is supported by your MP3 player. For example, the remote control functions of the Halo are not supported by Apple version 3 and only to a limited extent (no forward or backtrack) in 3.1.

The halo has ousted my 'Cyberman' headset for regular use and I will be delighted with this unit as long as the hinge stands the test of time.
on 21 January 2011
This is a follow-up to my initial review

Two power supply failures, and a hinge controlling the on/off switching that has split and part-broken and probably won't last much longer has made me re-evaluate these headphones. It's a shame as they are really nice to use but, lasting for about one year with daily use does not equate to durability in my opinion. The original power supply was faulty upon receipt and credit to Jabra, they sent out a replacement straight away. Unfortunately that unit too failed after about 3 months but I found that my Samsung phone charger fitted and has been used as a replacement without issue.

Original Review posted 21st January 2011
I've had these headphones for a couple of weeks now and really like them. In comparison to my wife's Sony BT DR-21G's the sound quality is noticably superior with a deeper bass response and a near abscence of the digital harshness often associated with bluetooth devices. Unlike the Sony's, I can use these for hours without discomfort from either the fit or the sound perspective. These Jabra's also have a wired headphone lead included for non bluetooth-enabled devices. I find that the sound is surprisingly good, given that they are using a wireless connection.

After pairing with my Sony X-Series Walkman(fitted with a bluetooth adapter), my wife's Sony NWZ-A829's Walkman(with built-in bluetooth) and my Samsung Wave GT-S8500 'phone, I find the Sony bluetooth headphones are marginally less susceptable to signal drop-out. Unfortunately, although Jabra claim that two devices can be connected simultaneously, I find that when both the phone and the Walkman are connected at the same time, the volume control stops working. A workaround is to set the volume on the Walkman connection first, then connect the 'phone. Not ideal.

Jabra Halo's come with 'Noise-Blackout' which is a twin microphone external noise-cancelling system. Fancy name but it doesn't seems to be that effective and is a bit disappointing.

Bluetooth initial connection time seems perfectly acceptable (I haven't timed it) and I like the touch controls for volume, track skip etc. when compared to the Sony's rocker switch arrangement, but they have taken a bit of getting used to. Battery life appears to be about four-and-a-half hours-ish and recharging takes about two hours. Unfortunately they don't have a power switch so powering up is performed by, if already folded, unfolding the headphones, or if unfolded, then folding and unfolding!

If I were to loose them would I buy another pair? Yes, without hesitation. Price is a subjective matter, so only you can decide if they are worth it. I've marked them down a star for the disappointing noise-blackout system, the bluetooth connection sensitivity and the concerns over durability of the hinges that need to be folded daily to power up/power down the device. Having said all that, and as stated at the beginning, I do really like these headphones and they are my favourites to date. I just hope that they last.
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Received these via the Vine programme and to be honest overall i don't think they deliver. Blue tooth functionality (with my smart phone anyway) seemed to be variable at best with an echo of my own voice coming back at me during conversations, which wasn't impressive. I also found the headphones didn't immediately feel comfortable on my head and the product had a flimsy fiddly feel to it.

Sound quality via the chord was good connected to a variety of sources, but if I wanted a set of good sounding chord headphones I would recommend buying a pair of Sennheisers for the same price or less (HD515's for example) that will blow these headphones away into the middle of next week in terms of build and sound quality.

I have awarded three stars because of the idea behind the device but unfortunately attempting to be a jack of all trades has meant some trade offs, and for me this product is too compromised to be judged successful in delivering its promises.
on 14 December 2010
Great headphones - very comfortable and clear sound. User instructions are a bit confusing. Opening the headphone to switch-on is a 2 part operation - which is not made clear. 1. Unfold the ear pieces, then 2. click the hinges together to engage the switch. Once I discovered that, I have been very pleased with them
on 29 July 2013
That simple ergonomic style has translated across to the Halo. The unit is lightweight at only 96 grams ,

The earpieces sit lightly on the ear and the music quality is superb . They fold to a reasonably compact size and fit inside a includid pouch for storage.

Once unfolded for the first time, the headphones automatically start to try to pair up with Bluetooth devices. press a button on the headphones until a blue light comes on, activate Bluetooth on the required device and everything then happens automatically .

The headphones need to be charged for around 2-3 hours before they are first used. The manual states that they can be used whilst charging, but I found this rather impractical. The absence of an on off switch means that you need to fold them up to retain the charge.

I didn't seem able to turn up the volume using the control on the Halo but this may have been due to the volume already being limited or because the blackberry z10 volume control overrode it. However, volume levels were fine for normal use.

A cable is also supplied to enable the Halo to be used with items that do not support a Bluetooth connection .

As with all these remote devices, it is worthwhile checking that the technology is supported by your MP3 player. For example, the remote control functions of the Halo are not supported by Apple version 3 and only to a limited extent in 3.1.

The halo has a much better audio quality then the 'Cyberman' headset for regular use and I will be delighted with this unit as long as the hinge stands the test of time.

i would rate this unit 4 out 0f 5 ★★★★

THANKS TO JABRA FOR KINDLY SENDING THIS OUT FOR ME TO REVIEW.
on 21 June 2010
Ok this is my first bluetooth headset and my inital impressions are bad.

The headset worked from the word go, It paired automatically to my HTC Desire without any details, The headset does appear to have problems with maintaining the bluetooth connection resulting in Skipping and to top it off the plastic around the hinges started to crack/stap. This was all in two weeks use.

Now for the good, The headset is extreamly combfortable and the music quality is top notch for bluetooth along with call quality.

I contacted the seller and also Jabra about the cracking around the hinges and which some photograpic proof they sent out a new headset no questions. On expection of the new headset I was able to clearly see that they appear to have a newer revision in place that has a thicker amount of plasic around the overall headband... The replacement feels better and has a better build quailty.

I'd suggest contacting Jabra if you have problems with the hinges as it looks as if they have resolved this with a newer revision. I have yet to see if the other problems excist but they were really minor as the audio skipping was really down to interference as the skipping would really only happen in the same places.

I highly recommend this product but do contact Jabra if you start to have problems with the hinges as they will send out a new set ;)
on 12 January 2012
I have no shadow of a doubt in recommending these headphones to anyone!
They arrived super quick and every inch of them look & feel fantastic; you cannot fault their design & craftsmanship one bit; you put them on & almost instantly can't feel them! They're secure, beautiful & I think even at their full price of what, £75? I would still buy them time & time again.
The sound quality straight out of the box is immense & pairing them with any of my device's was not only quick but extremely straight forward!
I read a handful of negative reviews before i ignored all & went ahead & i now think there must be a few impatient people out their looking for faults because i have found this product an absolute joy to own, i can't recommend these enough, just put them on & im sure you will be sold. A++

See one answered question