5.0 out of 5 stars ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i`ve gone all silly, its that good
i`ve just watched season one again, this is just so good, i thought season two was stunning with some really superb storylines, and the unexpected storyline with peter i just did`nt see coming, jj abrams is a genius and produces a great series but i must just say there was just one real turkey episode, yes you probably know which one i mean, yes the musical episode the...
Published on 5 July 2010 by P. barton

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but drop in quality from first series
I must confess to being a little disappointed in the second series of Fringe. I thought the first was vibrant fun, but - with this new batch of weird and wonderful episodes - I feel the show's venerated pre-cursor - the X files - is looming too large.

Like the X Files, there is a balance to be struck between the series long story arc - in Fringe about an...
Published on 22 Oct 2010 by Kentspur

3.0 out of 5 stars 7/10 - good, not great, and lacking the narrative strength of season 1, 12 Jun 2011
S. D. Nunn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
So ... I definitely enjoyed Fringe. But the second season didn't live up to my expectations. Perhaps these were unrealistic ... but even if that's the case I still think season 2 failed to deliver on its promises, and given that the producers have acknowledged this and sought to make amends with season 3, hopefully we can get past uncritical praise from the perspective of blinkered fandom and see both the strengths and the weaknesses of season 2.

Of course a first season has it easy, in as much as it can spend time introducing and establishing characters, whilst gradually defining the narrative terrain. Season 1 of Fringe did a great job, having a lot of fun along the way. For me it wasn't quite up there with the first season of Heroes, but still it offered up heaps of potential narrative. In season 2 I really don't think that potential gets realised. There seems to be a lot of coasting, and way too many self-contatined episodes that don't, at least as yet, offer much if anything to the overall narrative arc.

Certainly there are good things here - the production values remain exemplary (I really wish British TV producers would take a look at some of these American shows - they could learn a lot). The performances are strong although it's beginning to feel a bit as though Joshua Jackson is in danger of getting stuck in some sort of generic 'Pacey' role ... it would be good to see his character significantly evolve ... perhaps a more complex, darker character awaits; all the elements are there but they do actually need to evolve.

So it's the writing that, for me, is a bit uninspired. This is not to suggest Fringe has gone off the boil, that it isn't worth watching. That's certainly not the case. There's a lot this show could do and no doubt some of the events in season 2 are going to be pivotal in where future seasons take us (as long as it remains in production). But season 2 feels too much like more of the same - more episodes that could have easily taken place in season 1.

I'll definitely pick up season 3 but this show has got to try harder ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fringe, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Fringe is a great series and I hope it continues for more than four seasons.

I haven't watched the box set yet as I have too much to watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars be careful, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I received the item in good time and was initially pleased with my purchase. As it is a box set I did not check each individual disc and after watching a few discs discovered that one had a small dent in it. clearly this is not a dent caused by delivery but a production fault. Be careful when receiving these items and make sure you check all discs before deciding to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing episode, 13 Mar 2011
D. Lee (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Slightly confusing if you compare the UK DVD episode list to the US episode list. It seems like we're missing an episode, 22 vs 23. The US episode 11 'Unearthed' is contained on Disc 6 as a special feature, as apparently it was never designed to be part of the series, being filmed after the end of season 1. Would have been nice if it could have been set up on the DVD just to run through. Otherwise top notch series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good, 26 Oct 2010
Dr. Andrew N. Papanikitas (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I was expecting an entertaining, darkly humorous science fiction series, whaich was exactly what I got. Alias genetically spliced with the X-file, and, provided it doesn't go on too long and get too up itself, better than either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fringe Season 2 DVD, 18 May 2011
Mr. M. Kaher (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
What a series, what a box set! If you like 24 and heroes, you will love this! If u watches season 1 and enjoyed it, you will love this and want to watch season 3 too. I wish there were more hours in the day, just so I can watch fringe!! and more seasons, obviously :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A notice for DVD, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I ordered Fringe season 2 DVD. I really enjoy the show and was excited to get season 2. I opened it, put it in the DVD player and a notice came up saying this DVD player could not play the DVD. It seems that DVD's from another country won't play here. I think you should put a big notice in each DVD selection stating this fact. I also ordered books and they are great and the service fast. The order came faster than I expected. Thank You DJ

4.0 out of 5 stars decent science-fiction, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Yes, it's American, yes the characters are a bit too simple (nutty professor, etc.), yes, they are too good looking, but it's good science-fiction and nowadays it's a rare item. Don't stop at the first episode, go ahead. Luckily it looses the CSI effect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Has not really improved.. And seems to be heading for dropville, 11 Oct 2010
I stuick with the second series hooked on the loose idea that struggled to surface under the weight of mediocrity in the first season.. I was hoping that finally the shackles would be removed and the program could concentrate on the plot rather than hindering itself with stadalone loony episodes.. Unfortunatly neither has happened. The daft single epsiodes that hinder rather than develop are still around, and the fact we already had to many plot lines raised up a flagpole and spotlighted rather un subtley in the first season means as the second seasoon unfurls your already thinking "SO what I knew all this"..

Still led by a plank of wood actress from Australia who seems so far out of her depth but must be either cheap or a major shareholder in the studio, the whole thing seems to have started the slippery slope into cancellation and one can only associate the name JJAbrams now with somone who has initial ideas then leaves them to go nowhere and die in a spectacular (though ultimately utterly forgettable) fashion...

Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010]
Fringe - Season 2 [DVD] [2010] by Anna Torv (DVD - 2010)
17.11