4.0 out of 5 stars how to attach the carpet feet
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by january

2.0 out of 5 stars Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scales
Foot plate too small, appears and feels like its sloping . Returned same day. My husband and both agreed it was not suitable.
Published 10 months ago by Tiggy

4.0 out of 5 stars how to attach the carpet feet, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
I bought these scales as a gift for a family member. They seem to be working well hence the four stars but it took quite a while to work out how to put the carpet feet on. There are no instructions that come with the product and it's not at all obvious what to do. Here's what worked for us: Pull off the little rubber discs that are glued to the feet and discard, position the carpet attachment feet so that the wider circular ends face outwards and will eventually be touching the floor, line up the plastic prongs to fit into existing feet, then use the tiny screws to attach them through the centre hole. Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carpet smart digital scales by Salter, 18 April 2012
Paul Breakell (Ramsgate Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
I bought these scales as I needed a decent set of scales as I was losing weight, so I saw these
Scales on Amazon they had quite good reviews,
So I bought them, they came very quick and when I opened them was suprised to see the all plastic construction, I thought at the price they should have been made of metal! But I have to say they are infact very sturdy and strong,and lightweight which is a bonus actually, with a big display very easy to read, a boon for anyone
Who has to wear glasses as I can read them easily without my glasses, great! The instruction manual is very poor though does not tell you how to put the extra carpet feet on, if you want to put them on by trial and error that's bad, in realallity it's quite easy peel off the plastic pads under each foot, attach the carpet feet which is a push fit, and screw in the feet with the small screws supplied easy really, but it should have been put in the instructions, in use the are great to use, they are set to kilo's fine if you like to use them, but underneath you have a small micro switch with which you can select Kilo's pounds or stones, I use stones so I selected that and it stays where you set it not like some other makes where you have to select stones or pound each time you use them, a big plus for these salters, to switch them on is easy a smart tap with your foot on the edge of the platform and on they come, jump on weigh yourself and the display stays on for a short time when you get off so you can read your weight, great stuff, they as far as I can see are quite accurate too,
So I can fully recommend these

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing appearance -excellent performance, 14 July 2011
N. Jones "Nora Jones" (Worcester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
I looked for scales which would work on any surface,and in particular on a carpet.
It is important that the reading is clear -in fact the numerals are very large and the weight does not need to include your spectacles!
I am delighted that the weight includes 1/4; 1/2 and 3/4 pounds since even a quarter pound loss can be inspiring - I use them every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on carpet, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
I'm always wary when purchasing scales to use on a carpeted floor. I've already given one set away! These are perfect - and they agree with the scales in my doctor's surgery.

5.0 out of 5 stars economy of scale, 19 Jan 2012
F. A. Rodner (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
Not flashy or trendy, this is an accurate, reliable and useful product. Attachable feet allow for use on carpet, otherwise good for smooth floors; display window is large and simple to read; foot space is well-sized and safe (better than trendy glass). Excellent quality and value

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
Chose these particular scales as I did not want glass ones and salter have a good reputation for accuracy and really pleased with them, they are lightweight, easy to wipe over, turn on with a small tap of the foot and turn off automatically, the option of weight in kilo's, pounds, or stones and pounds and the viewing window is enormous so definately no problem seeing your weight from the moon, would recommend these scales to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scales, 11 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars alright scales,, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
There nice and big but sometimes you cant pick which weight you are comes up with 2 or 3 different ones but im going to check it tomorrow to see if there any difference,will put a picture on to show you what they look like.good packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 10 Aug 2012
Richard C. Mearns (Aberdeen Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
After waiting 5 days for delivery the scales arrived but didn't work. They switched on ok and zeroed out but when you stepped on them the screen went blank after 3 seconds. Made no difference whether in lbs or kg. I tried on ceramic tiles and hardwood floor. This is the second time I have received a Salter product that does not work. Can only assume that they use cheap internal components. Shame on you Salter and shame on me for being caught twice!

5.0 out of 5 stars carpet scale, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Salter Carpet Smart Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
It actually works on carpet, I don't like it because I would like to be a lot lighter and it keeps telling me that I'm overweight

ARRAY(0x114baa68)