4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids

Published on 21 Nov. 2010 by Mr. Jacob W. Hayes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, 28 Dec. 2009
Mrs. M. J. Harris (Beccles, Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Boombox Stereo CD Player - Blue (discontinued by manufacturer) (Toy)
I purchased this item as a Christmas present for my 9 year old son, no other cd player would do as he is Lego mad. It is basic but it all works fine, sound quality is obviously not going to be brilliant with 1w speakers but it does the job. Perfect for a childs room as you don't want to hear it throughout the house when in use, although if on high volume it can be heard throughout the whole house!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Future Design Classic, 12 Jan. 2010
I bought this item from a shop for my son's 9th birthday before I read any reviews. They are misleading.

When my son opened his present he was sooo excited to have a giant lego brick and to have his own cd player! It has a handle that neatly fold in and out and he was delighted to carry it around and show everyone. The design is wonderful, James May could have it in his lego house. My husband feels its worth buying for this alone. It is a future design classic. We are collectors of mid century modern furniture and this item is beautiful.

I have found the sound quality perfect for my son. He likes to listen to story cd's which are perfectly clear and then when he listens to his music he adds the bass which gives a better sound. No electrical humming sound from our machine.

We love it! True lego fans will too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 21 Nov. 2010
We bought this for our 5 year old son for his birthday at the end of April and he absolutely loved it. It worked fine until October when it just stopped reading the CDs. It hadn't been treated badly, our son was very careful with it and we didn't let him use it when his friends were over in case it got broken. However he only had 5.5 months use out of it whcih is extremely poor considering the price. The Digital Blue website stated that there was no warranty unless we lived in the States, this is appauling. There seems to be no way of getting our money back. Please don't buy this product because unless you are extremely lucky it will break within weeks or months and you will have a very dissapointed child on your hands!

1.0 out of 5 stars CD player and display stopped working after one week, 26 April 2010
I bought this for my daughter's first birthday as she loves listening to Clasical music when taking a nap or in the evening falling asleep. Both the CD player and the display stopped working within one week which is very disapointing and the return deadline expired. Not happy with this at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars lego fans everywhere will love this!!, 17 Jan. 2010
I organised this as a gift for my 7 year old son from his Nanny for Xmas as I know he is a big fan of Lego.
As expected he loved it, AWESOME!!! It is made to scale from a block of lego, and very well done too. It has pride of place in his room and he loves to show it off to anybody who is interested. The quality of sound is great and with big volume and tuning controls on top and well labelled buttons for the cd player on the front I would recommend this to anyone.Lego Boombox Stereo CD Player - Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Lovely....sounds awful!, 26 Jan. 2010
Well I had to have this for my son as he is lego mad. He was very excited when he opened it. He played his spongebob cd on it continuosly for 2 days then it decided not to read the disc. Everything else worked but we brought it for the cd player so took it back and got a replacement, after only 2 days again the cd player stopped working! I really dont know whether to risk it getting another replacement or just give up trying and get a different stereo that actually works!

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, radio works fine but cd gave up on day 2 !!!!, 5 April 2012
I had been after one of these for my lego mad son for nearly a year, I'd seen them online but not been able to get one, I just happened to see them in my local toys r us store before christmas (oct) I was thrilled to get one for him for christmas and was delighted with he's response to it when he opened it. he's into he's CD's so was nice that he could now play them in he's room, however on boxing day morning when he put the CD in it just made a clicking noise and says error on the display, I was really dissapointed, I packed it up ready to go back, he was really upset, I tried it once more and it worked again, but sadly this was only for a few weeks and it now refuses to play CD's at all which is really disapointing as it was the reason I got it, he doesn't want me to take it back as he lives in hope it will work again one day but feel it was a lot of money just for a radio that looks good. PLS DO NOT BUY AS YOUR CHILD WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!

1.0 out of 5 stars cheaply made rubbish with lego label, 6 Mar. 2011
DIGIBLUE Lego Stereo CD Boombox
Don't waste your money - anyone who still has one of these working more than a year after purchase is lucky. Like many others the CD reader/player on our son's Lego Boombox no longer works. It actually gave up several months ago - alas now past any 12month warranty that might have been in place with Amazon. The radio is pretty poor as well. This is really a very cheaply made radio/cd player and somehow Digiblue persuaded Lego to let them use their name on it! Lego should a) prevent Digiblue using the Lego logo on any other product again and b) ensure everyone who would like a refund for the product gets one. Lego Boombox Stereo CD Player - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Gutted lego fan, 3 Mar. 2010
N. Noble (West Yorks.) - See all my reviews
Our 7yr old lego mad fan bought himself the boom box with his birthday money, he played his favourite CDs for a few days then like some other comments on here the CD stopped reading (he was devastated). Amazon have been great sending a replacement which arrived this week, however the CD would not work at all on the replacement, so maybe a faulty batch. Will try else where as our Son is so upset it's not working. Regarding quality the sound & radio functions were very good for children as a first CD player.

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working within 3 weeks - nice looking product, but poorly manufactured, 21 Feb. 2011
good looking product, sounds good when works, unfortunately all of the functions have stopped working within 3 weeks of arrival, our 2 1/2 year old son is massively dissappointed, as am I unfortunately. Have contacted Gameseek to see about returns and repairs policy, not yet heard back so watch this space.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›