on 19 December 2010
Wanted a new fryer and with a video promoting this model it helped us to find the model we wanted-an easy clean system which saves hours trying to keep the fryer clean. Considered more expensive models but they didn't deliver what we wanted.
on 29 January 2011
Before I bought the Delonghi Deep Fryer with Total Clean System, for years I only ever had oven chips because I hated emptying the oil and cleaning a chip fryer. So it was with some trepidation I bought this one and did so purely because the description said it was so easy to empty and completely comes to bits and all goes in the dishwaser - lid, bowl, body and basket! And it does what it says! I could not believe how easy it all is. It just takes seconds to disassemble for washing and re-assemble afterward. And it makes very good chips too!! What more could you ask for? It is so simple.
11 comment|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2011
I bought this while it was on offer - considerably cheaper than Argos etc. Even with Super Saver delivery it arrived within 2 days. I bought it to replace one of those 'professional' stainless steel fryers because I was fed up of the smell. Can safely report than after using this I could not smell a thing - brilliant!
on 26 June 2011
Although the 'Manufacturer's description' states that the 'external control fryer basket can be raised and lowered while the lid is closed for extra safety' this is NOT the case. You have to decide whether you want a fryer that you can easily take apart to clean or one where the basket can be raised and lowered with the lid closed. It does fry chips satisfactorily.
on 14 November 2010
Easy to use and very quick. Haven't washed it yet but it is very easy to strip down and shouldn't be a problem. We are not big chip eaters so don't know what difference the right potatoes or oil would make but so far so good. Would recommend the purchase of this item.
on 26 February 2011
Does just what it says on the box..the whole lot,other than the control pannel goes in the dishwasher so stays perfectly clean.the basket looks small but cooks plenty enough chips for two people..i love it
on 5 March 2011
Having given up on home cooked chips because of the smell and the mess ,we decided to try one last time . We read the reviews and thought this product sounded what we were looking for . It did just what we wanted and made lovely chips . We found it plenty big enough to make two portions and useful to make other recipes we tried.
on 25 March 2011
You can wash the whole thing so it doesn't end up like a lump of congealed fat like other fryers. One design fault be very careful opening the lid whilst it's cooking you get a rush of very hot steam that can burn ( injured thumb to prove it) otherwise great chips especially if you use beef dripping instead of insults oil!!
on 14 November 2010
The basket in this machine is very small, and cannot take more than one fish at a time - but the easy cleaning is ........................ easy!
on 25 November 2012
If you are purchasing this on the basis it wont smell, dont bother. My kitchen still smells of frying which I hate frankly but the other half loves chips. It is easy to dismantle and clean though and you can shut the lid completely for cooking and storage which goes some way to diminishing smells, far easier and more convenient to use than our old fat fryer