TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 July 2011
I have had Nespresso machines since Nespresso started making them, about 20 years ago. They are very durable, so I haven't had that many (3 up to this one, and this only because I gave one away, it was still working fine after 10 years). But the Lattissima EN720 is worth every penny. I know that some people worry about its ability to deliver hot beverages, but in my case the coffee and milk are very hot, too hot to drink. I didn't even need to pre-heat the cup as I used to do with my previous machines. The froth on the milk is so thick that you could stand a spoon in! Seriously, I had well over an inch of perfect foam, and this using standard whole milk straight from the refrigerator. Everything is well-designed on the machine, easy to use and unfussy. It is fairly quiet and makes the most wonderful espressos and cappucinos. It will also produce wonderful foamy milk for hot chocolates (the only Lattissima which does this). Being made of aluminium it is very solid and has a nice feel to it. Finally, the cup warming plate on top is nice and big, so you can stand several cups (I think that now it's the only machine that has this feature with the exception of the Cube). In short, I am totally delighted with it.
on 17 July 2011
This really is the best ever. The coffee is hot enough providing you turn it on a little before you use it. At work we have a Costa coffee cafe, I am forever moaning to the staff it is cold !!! So I am a good person to judge this.
I have always heated the cups before use and found this to help. Love the way it tells me when to descale and when to fill the water tank. Worth every penny in my opinion.
on 3 July 2012
This is my first Nespresso machine but my family has had one for the past 10 years and I have nothing but praise for them. We have never experienced a break down and we certainly have put the machines to a good use.

I have to say the Lattissima EN720 is a complete jump forward in terms of both simplicity (every drink type is just a touch of the button) and also design being of metal constrcution and also a lot smaller then you would expect.

Regarding the comments from some that the coffee is not hot I can only assume that they have not read the instruction as I have never experienced this issue. The defult function of the machine is eco mode which does NOT heat the water constantly.

all in I would highly recommend this product when its at the right price (I paid £225).
on 12 May 2013
The product's a dud. For any ordinary coffee machine the temperature of the drinks this machine serves up is disappointing. For a so-called "premium" machine that's supposed to be specially designed for milky drinks it's a complete dud. Espresso's and Lungo's (ie the non milky drinks) are drinkable if you drink the second the machine's made them and don't mind "very warm" rather than "very hot" drinks, but the milky drinks are barely even luke warm and necessitate use of a microwave to heat up. If you contact Nespresso to complain you'll get an email with a whole list of things you should do (eg make sure machine is fully heated for 10 mins etc - if the machine NEEDS 10 minutes why have a manual and flashing light system that says it's ready within 2 minutes??!) none of which showed any improvement in temperature whatsoever. There are enough other reports here to make it clear that it's a design fault and I can only think those saying the temperature is fine are completely delusional or have a very different machine from the one I purchased a fortnight ago.

If you only drink Espresso and are in a hurry so can't wait for an ordinary one to cool down you can perhaps justify the high asking price of this "premium" product - the drinks it prepares are ready to drink immediately. But if you like HOT (or even very warm) milky coffee - supposedly what this particular model is supposed to specialise at - this is a total dud. Very disappointed.
on 22 September 2011
I have tried many coffee machines from bean-to-cup to filter/expresso, however this is a simple to use, programmable, self-cleaning and top quality product which I now could not live without!, black and blue pods are the best however all have a distinct flavour. Ability to set how much milk and coffee for each type of drink is great as you can use any size glasses or cups, and choose how strong you want them! Also quiet compared to many others. Top marks for a quality product.
on 22 November 2012
Great design, looks good, nice taste but the coffee is way to cold. I was in Harrods and asked the sales team - who told me they have the same problem, many have been returned and there is a new machine pending to address this issue hence its so discounted. Real shame.

Only buy if you like lukewarm coffee, or are happy to place in the microwave to warm up.

Please note - I read the manual, turned off eco mode and primed the machine.
Save your money.
on 22 November 2012
The machine is great. Easy cappuccino and Latte making. Lovely design. But small water tank. Making frothed milk with a press of a button.
on 29 September 2010
I was excited to receive my Nexpresso Machine NESPR. LATTIS. EN720M, looking for positives, they are many. Easy to install, easy instructions, advice and information. It could not be simpler and produces such consistently wonderful coffee. The issues become apparent very quickly, coffee could be, should be much hotter, even preheating the cup with boiling water had a limited benefit. I quickly discovered the added milk was barely warm so I ended up placing filled coffee cup in the microwave for seven seconds. The various capsules produce a range of coffees for various tastes and moods. I enjoy the strong coffee choices most of the time, they make excellent full mugs, particularly when filling with a Lungo and an Expresso from the same capsule, PERFECT COFFEE BLISS for me. The major dissapointment was my inability to join the Nespresso Club online, I sill can't after several weeks, their webmaster appears to have a serious capability gap. This has become too ridiculous to comprehend from such a huge company. I will no doubt order by telephone, even though my plans to order through the Nespresso application on my Iphone are also on hold because I cannot join the club and obtain my password. Simple really, email address and password - an unsurmountable problem for Nespresso Club. This Club is ALL what this company is about, it is fundamentally their business model, selling coffee capsules. Would you believe they cannot quickly sort out their online problems?
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2013
I've purchased this item hoping for a great coffee machine that instead started to be temperamental after first few weeks of use, at one point it had continuous water indicator on. I've returned the machine and it came back 'repaired' after several weeks of wait and while the indicator was repaired the milk dispenser stop working all together.
I've returned the machine again more than a week ago and I'm still waiting for a solution although I've requested a refund as the machine is clearly faulty if it doesn't work properly after only few weeks of use.
Customer service very poor and argumentative, trying to imply that I made the error with milk/water levels.
Very dissapointed all together, very surprised Amazon is not dealing with my complaint as I've complained to them both times and surprised that Amazon would even work with such company in the first place.
on 17 August 2013
This machine is awesome. I don't know what kind of lava some people like to drink (some reviews here say that it doesn't make the coffee hot enough) but my machine makes bloody hot coffee! Actually, I'd like to be able to take it down a notch or two but have instead found that if I don't pre-heat my espresso cups then it's just about perfect.

It's a lovely machine, looks great and the milk frothing system works great. Word of warning ... full fat milk doesn't foam well at all, and skimmed milk will foam up the best (same with any machine ... it's the milk not the machine).

Most Nespresso machines are filled with water in a tank behind the machine which can be a bit awkward to get to. This machines tank is underneath it and slides out frontways to fill, which is a nice feature.