4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if pricey silicone mat
Published on 2 Nov. 2010 by G. Welsby

2.0 out of 5 stars Tested- Fell apart within 4 months ~100 uses
Ive used the sheet most days in the last four months for bread baking at 200c, its not built to last.

Published 24 months ago by qaz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if pricey silicone mat, 2 Nov. 2010
G. Welsby (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
This is a top quality product. I've bought a cheaper mat before but it resembled a thickened piece of bin bag. This one is a fibreglass mat coated in silicone so it lies flat without curling. After priming it with just a drop of oil I can use it for kneading and shaping bread dough, and then it goes straight into the oven. When the bread is done I just wipe it clean. I would have given five stars but for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe everything you read., 5 Dec. 2010
Terry Breeds "gentilis" (Medway.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
For those who get confused by metric measurements read on. The size quoted by Amazon for this mat is 40x40x30cm. Converted into Imperial units this is approximately 16"x16"x12".
Could you possibly imagine a baking mat THAT THICK. The actual size is 40x30cm x 1.5mm thick (16"x12"x less than 1/8th. of an inch in thickness.
Having got that bit out of the way let's deal with the mat itself. This is obviously an expensive bit of kitchenware but if you can afford it BUY IT. The actual dimensions are a perfect fit for the shelves in our Bosche oven which are just over 40cm wide and just over 30cm in depth. There's no doubt that this is a very useful addition to the cookware, and can be used with or without a baking tray. As mentioned by other reviewers it is also a boon when used to roll out the pastry as there is is no need to use flour on a worksurface.
Incidentally we have told Amazon regarding the size error.
03 February 2010 I HAVE NOW TOLD AMAZON TWICE OF THEIR ERROR REGARDING THE SIZE - EVEN SPOKEN TO A REP. AND IT'S STILL NOT BEEN CHANGED. Further update 7Feb. Amozon reply to email "there is nothing wrong with THE PHOTOGRAPH". I agree and a further call today on their 0800 number was made to explain that the problem is with the description not the photograph. I have now given up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy for any baker, 22 Sept. 2010
R. Battersby (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
Instead of greasing trays (and washing them up afterwards) and instead of using flimsy baking parchment you have to cut to size and then it flaps in the fan oven there's now this silicone mat which is professional standard. I place it on a baking tray, and simply put your scones, rubbed-in buns, biscuits, shaped bread loaves and rolls, praline etc straight on and they just lift off again perfectly when cooked with just a quick wipe over required to clean. Works to roll things out as well and doesn't usually need cleaning before you bake (unless a particularly sticky mix). Saves so much time and effort everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly non-stick, 21 Nov. 2010
Mr. R. M. Adam "Quality not quantity" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
This item is truly non-stick and can be put into the oven with the food on it. I advise to put the mat on top of a tray if you are baking food that leaks a little!
Excellent product and worth the money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Tested- Fell apart within 4 months ~100 uses, 2 April 2013
qaz "00264167" (kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)

It took 2-3 months for the edges on two side to delaminate, letting the mesh underneath fry out and currently a large part of the sheet is unstuck on one side. the grey boarders have also flaked off in large patches and the silicon has split in a couple of places, as i have never cut anything on it i can only assume they arose from a weakness in the silicon to start with.

The sheet worked and was relatively non-stick before it fell apart (hence 2 stars), but the claimed 3000 uses is a joke, it only managed about 100.
the construction of the sheet is clearly not up to scratch and i feel mislead about the 3000 uses claim.
Im guessing other reviews havent reported this as they probably havent used it everyday as i have and their mats will eventually develop the same problems over time.
Amazon wont replace after 30 days and im guessing the companies guarantee of 3000 uses wont be honoured as theyre not based in the uk.

I would advise anyone to avoid this mat and look for something else instead

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality silicone mat, 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
Decided on this mat as it closely resembled the mat I used to use while I was working at a restaurant.

Decent quality, no flimsy edges that will fray. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Mat, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
When I opened the package the silicone baking mat looked unimpressive for the price. Wrong! It really is as good as the reviews I had read and has coped wonderfully with meringues, a beef Wellington and flaky pastry sausage rolls so far. And most amazing of all, it washes superbly in the dish washer. A great addition to my batterie de cuisine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stick for preparation and cooking, 3 May 2011
J. Dyer (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
I use this for kneading bread dough and cooking bread rolls in the oven. I use it together with the large baking tray by Faringdon. It does need baking tray support in the oven. I also use it for other baking and rolling out pastry etc. It is non-stick and large enough to work on. It can also be put in the dishwasher, but it is so easy to just wipe clean that I have not done so. It lays flat and grips the worktop so it doesn't move about when rolling pastry etc.

It rolls up nicely and I just keep it in a drawer. It stays flat when unrolled.

5.0 out of 5 stars so exciting!, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
I am pathetically excited by this little item. Such technology, such ease! tuiles slide off it as easy as could be, then just wipe it clean. It has a lovely satisfying thickness to it, plops itself down on the baking tray. I have abandoned the idea (and cost) of replacing my no longer very non-stick baking trays as this does it better than they ever did. I can't compare it with other brands of silicone mat as this is my first. I bought it because of the other reviews and because the fibre weave made it look like the one used in Masterchef the Professionals, which was responsible for my desire to become a mistress of tuiles in the first place. Thin, crispy "this is fine dining" puddings - here I come.

March 2012
My mat has blistered and peeled. I have had to chuck it out unfortunately. I am not sure how much use I should expect to get out of a mat like this. I used it about 3 times a week for 3 months. I loved it while it lasted, but it didn't last long enough for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 29 Sept. 2011
Andrei Ion (Bruxelles, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silikomart Silicone Baking Mat (Kitchen & Home)
the size is not ideal for working with dough for pizzas for example, but the quality is good and the delivery is fast and reliable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›