5.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me or does everyone have this wrong?
After reading countless 'bad' reviews relating to: small buttons (compared to the PSP 000 series); no back-wards compatability (i.e. UMD); too smaller screen (compared to the PSP 000 series) - and other negative comments in relation to a comparison to the PSP 000 series I thought I should write my first review.

I own both a PSP 2003 and a PSP go. As I see it,...
Published on 26 Jun 2010 by Slinky

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Usability can be an issue, not very straighforward and kids cannot reallty use it easily. But overall not bad but could have been better......
Published 14 months ago by Venisha Dowlut

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me or does everyone have this wrong?, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)

I own both a PSP 2003 and a PSP go. As I see it, they are not supposed to be compared. These machines are designed for different purposes. Let me explain my reasoning.....

I use my 2003 as a 'Portable' - not a 'pocket and take with me' device. If I did, I'd constantly have to choose only 1 or 2 games to take with me and I know that as soon as I reach my destination I'll want to play the game I didn't take!
I use my 2003 for an hour each day whilst exercising on my bike (and if anyone wants to take me on playing Fifa after a year's practice each morning then feel free to get whipped! :-))
For this, my PSP 2003 is great. It doesn't have to be pocket friendly, I don't have to worry about taking my UMD collection, the buttons are big, the screen is the biggest available on a portable and it absolutely keeps me occupied whilst doing my exercise routine. For this use, and similar 'around the house but not tied to a TV uses' it is the best.

I use my PSP go as a 'pocket' device. I have 10 games on it without having to carry more than just the device. The sound is good, but thanks to the bluetooth connection, I can play with wireless headphones and not get tangled or caught on jacket buttons or other objects - also, I don't get that annoying reverberation of noise you get when you touch wires on sensitive in ear headphones. I use this when away on business, travelling on trains and buses and on holiday. For this use, and other 'on the go anywhere uses' it is the best.

True, media-go is not the most reliable software and you have to shut down and restart it sometimes to transfer a file....but with each version it is getting better - and I remember the early days of iTunes when it too was a bit rubbish!
Also true, digital only (PSN) games are priced by Sony and Sony alone and you can't take advantage of cheap UMDs or trade-ins....but then I have a PSP 2003 for this, and I never looked at these two machines and thought that they were in competition. They are simply different - and before the PSP go came along, I never used to take my PSP out the house as it was just too big and I didn't want to risk losing my game collection. If I lose my PSP go, I still have all my games on the PC.

So, in conclusion, I would say that they both are aimed at different markets. One is for the 'on the go' gamer that wants digital content and no luggage....the other is for the portable gamer that wants a bigger machine at the expense of not wanting to fit it in their pocket.
I would recommend the PSP 000 series for younger gamers - but that is because of the reasons stated above: Games are cheaper and can be traded in; and that they will use the machine in the house in the main (or their mates' house).
For an ipod user who is used to iTunes and truly wants a mobile games machine, I would recommend the go - even if the games are more expensive.

One final point, the current deal of 10 free games with the PSP go (until Sep 2010) is an excellent bargain - and worth buying just for that - but be warned, the 10 free games can only be used on the PSP go (before you think about using them on your PSP 000 series too) :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 27 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Under rated awesomeness, 20 April 2011
Scott Adams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
Always been a sony loyalist but I'll try to be unbiased for this review.
Was putting off on getting one of these since launch but im glad i finally have one.
obviously theirs no umd drive,so you cant use your old umd games if you had the older revisions of the psp,but theirs a ton of space (16gb,14gb usable) and depending on the size,with an M2 installed its possible to have 32gb (about 30gb usable) and their are plenty of games flying around on psn to download.
many people gripe about the lack of umd support,but imo its more convenient not carrying around ums and if you see it for what it is,a multimedia device,it looks more attractive.
The screen is much better than the older psp's,a little smaller but with the same resolution but looks more sharper and brighter overall.The control layout has had a bit of a change around,with the nub directly to the right of the d-pad and the start/select buttons to the left of the x,square,triangle,circle.surprisingly,the layout doesn't feel cramped or squeezed together and is actually more better to use,with vast improvements to the resistance and overall maneuverability of the analogue nub and the L and R buttons feel more responsive and satisfying to push.
i already have a psp (the 2005 launch 1003 model),and my library of games is quite large,but i knew i wouldn't be short changed getting this,and i don't think i would be so enthusiastic if I'd had an,overpriced,overrated i pod.
its fantastic to have crystal clear video,pictures music and a games library to be proud of in one device that's not hand cramping small,beautiful to look at and is easy on your bank balance.
If your contemplating getting a pspGO!,don't wait,get one,YOU WONT REGRET IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Console, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
The Sony PSP GO is a great console, much more compact, streamline and lighter than the previous PSP models. With the current offer of 10 free games it is a great buy. The games are a bit of a hassle to get but if you haven't recieved your code within 30 days all you need to do is give them a call and they will email you the code within the next 48 hours. The PSP go itself has a great screen and the sound quality is excellent. The Playstation store is a little bit pricey but not extortionate. Overall I would recommend this product to people wanted to buy a PSP for the first time or even updating their old version.

4.0 out of 5 stars PSP GO - Good and Bad, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
Having read many reviews and getting a shot on one at a Sony roadshow at the local shopping centre I decided, despite some small drawbacks, I wanted one.

THE GOOD:

Very portable, fits into a pocket and no need to carry any game / movie media seperately.

Very light, no heavy battery.

Skype which works very easliy when WiFi connected (I don't have skype on my mobile so it is a plus in my book).

Looks and feels good.

Having had a shop about got mine brand new from Amazon for £145.

THE BAD:

The plug that the usb power cable fits into is huge.

The usb power cable itself is way too short. #I sometimes like to use my PSP whilst I charge it so now i have to sit very close to a plug socket#.

Battery lasts no longer that my old PSP 1000.

No idea of how long the battery has left. #In the original version you could check it in the battery status on the XMB, it has gone from the PSP Go#.

Yes the unit is costly at the minute and games are expensive and the catalogue is not massive yet but any new technology is always dearer at the beginning. #i.e. CD players, CD's, DVD Players, DVD's, Blu Ray players, Blu Ray's all expensive in the beginning then cheaper as time went by).

No protective case when purchased.

Essentially if you want one of these you need to be prepared for the slight downfalls at the minute but overall a really good piece of kit.

Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars best purchase ever, 16 Aug 2010
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
for starters this PSP is brilliant i have never owned a previous PSP but i had played on a freinds PSP 3000 and found it very uncomfortable and the screen was too pixelated. but i found out about this new psp go! and i have never had to regret buying it! i did not buy it from amazon i bought it from the Sony Plaza in New York at christmas for my big present. i got back to the hotel and it was set up in under 45 minutes (including setting up a PSN account!) i downloaded a game Star Wars battlefront: Elite Squadron and i loved it i played it whenever i got the chance. also it came with a demo for Patapon 2! Pros+Cons!

PROS:
No UMD's
slide system
buttons that click and dont have to be pushed
smaller
better screen
very comfy controls
good L+R shoulders
good WI-FI connectivity
brilliant price
best battery life in the WORLD

CONS:
----------

CONCLUSION:
get this if you are new to PSP's and like the look of this.

buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars get it and go, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
i love the psp go its amazing, a lot of people are saying they are rubbish but i gave it a go and glad i did, worth the money i paid and prefer this to the umd drive one for two reasons:

1. i have had all of the umd series (e.g 1000, 2000, 3000.) about 2 times and every time they have experiened umd problems

2. over the next few months shops will be removing umds off the shelfs so will only be able to purchase online

in my experience i would say buy this item its great

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 4 Dec 2009
Steven Thomas - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
As a fan of new shiney things, i had my eye on the new psp go for a little while. The first console i ordered didn't turn up but to be fair i dont think that was amazon's fault more than likely so toe rag at Royal Mail had it away, but i finally got my new one (which amazon sent out the very next day free of charge! Thanks guys!)about a week a go and havent been off it since! I know for a lot of people this system isn't great as it has no backwards compatability with your old UMD's but for me this was no problem as i havent owned a psp for a while now and sold the last one with all games.
What can i say about the new Go? Its amazing. Now i havent had a psp for about 12 months but my last one was the 3000 and this system seems to smash it away. The graffics (and my friends will back me up with this) seems much better on the GO which is strange as the resolution was supposed to be the same? Its size does take a little getting used to but it is comfortable to play for a long time and i have big hands but have found the new system is still comfortable. I love not having to carry around all those little plastic disks and have found the loading time for games is much quicker now with the flash memory! In regard to movies, the new Go is great. The playback is really good and easy to manage your movies with the new media go software provided however i have found that you may need to convert some .avi files to MP4 before you transfer them, but this can be done easily by downlaoding a free converter.

Overall the New Go is a great bit of kit and is sony's first really portable handheld as it is little bigger than an iphone and fits well into any pocket even when it is in a case.
My only negative point is i think that sony could have bit the bullet and provided the Go with a case in the box and i think that a screen protecter is a must purchase with the Go as i have had mine a week and have already got a couple of light scratches.

But this is a great buy and a hell of a lot of fun! I hope you guy's enjoy it as much as me.

P.S. Assassins Creed Bloodlines is a must buy game!

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 28 Jan 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
Item new in box however item was sold with the games offer already applied for.
No small print to explain this!

Console is used and cherished by son however was disapointed when £175 games offer was unavailable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Sony, 26 Jan 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PSP Go! Console (White) (Video Game)
I bought this for my grandson. It included free games to be downloaded but had so many problems - easy to get demos, but this was not as stated on the box. Seems we have to wait up to 2 months for code to download games. My son sent e-mail complaining about it and we await reply. There are loads of complaints about this on the Playstation website - I think they hope you'll give up and forget about it.

Sony PSP Go! Console (White)
Sony PSP Go! Console (White) by Sony (Sony PSP)
Used & New from: £44.99