on 1 May 2013
I hope this is the last of the charlie parker mysteries. It wasnt a mystery...for a start and it was contrived and unbelievable.nice try .....but lucky for you there are some folks who will actually appreciate this level of writing.
on 2 November 2013
After enjoying other books by this author I tried and have enjoyed the story line for Charlie Parker. What I like about this author you have likeable caricatures good story lines without unnecessary violence and sexual description.
on 17 May 2016
I'm afraid it was a little light weight and took 10 words where one would have been adequate. It was a little bit of fluff and nice to read in the afternoon looking out at the garden, but not worth staying up to finish.
on 22 January 2013
Really enjoyed that - my first book with this character. Liked the person Charlie Parker. Perhaps a few too many food descriptions but, on the other hand, the frequently mentioned Mexican food certainly made me hungry!
on 1 March 2013
I liked this book very much. I like to read a wide variety of books to broaden my horizons. I will certainly read more of this author.
As a mystery it kept me occupied, and that is what I like.
on 27 February 2013
not that clever. I guessed the murderer about 1/3 way in. Charlie Parker is not that interesting as a character and frankly not that credible, in fact the whole story lacks credibility and depth.
on 7 January 2014
This is a good read even if not a great mind tester. Very easy to pick up and put down. The characters come to.life and their lifestyles are believable. I shall read more by Connie Shelton.
on 13 February 2013
This was an easy going entertaining murder mystery. Just right for a relaxing read. I haven't read any more in the Charlie Parker series yet but am looking forward to doing so.
on 5 March 2013
I enjoyed this book and will look out for more from this author. Not my usual type of book but I liked the way it was written and the main character was believeable.
on 28 December 2013
Easy reading story but riveting. It was thoroughly enjoyable with an interesting twist. Looking forward to the next in the series.