Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 12 April 2010
I had not heard of Miranda Lambert but was alerted to her music via an Amazon email suggesting other things I might like to listen to. I don't always pay attention to such emails but am so glad I did - this album is fantastic! She has a superb voice; her songs are country with a contemporary twist, some humourous and some of a more reflective nature. I have since purchased her other albums and all are of the highest quality. Highly recommended.
on 21 October 2009
Miranda Lambert just keeps on getting better and better!
Revolution is her third album and boy is she shaking things up.Instead of all the 'guns blazing,setting things on fire' attitude that she has unfairly been known for,she's showing another side to herself.A more mature,laid back attitude.And it works a treat!
She still gives us some of her trademark rockin' uptempos that we love.Including the tongue in cheek White Liar,Only Prettier and Sin For A Sin.Plus the extremely addictive Airstream Song and Me And Your Cigarettes.She also covers 2 classic tracks,Time To Get A Gun and That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round.The latter has a really cool 80's punk rock vibe to it that will leave you wanting more!
She slows things down with songs like the beautiful The House That Built Me,this will bring a tear to your eye and the touching Virginia Bluebell.
Miranda is a rare and precious gem in modern country music,so she is always an absolute pleasure to listen to.Revolution is without a doubt a strong contender for Album Of The Year so you couldn't possibly go wrong with this CD...

Prime cuts: Only Prettier, Me And Your Cigarettes, Airstream Song, The House That Built Me.
review image review image review image
on 21 July 2010
As the title of the review suggests, I hate country music, pretty much all of it, both old and knew, male and female etc etc. My girlfriend however loves the stuff and as such I am forced to listen to loads of it. I assumed I would hate this album as I hate other modern female country fare, such as Taylor Swift and Kellie Pickler and bands such as Lady Antebellum and the rest of them. I was pleasantly surprised by this album however. It is mature, in places both serious and fun and it showcases an artist who seems to really be coming into her own. Having also heard the previous record, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (which also surprised me), this is a great leap forward. It is a departure for the other modern female singers, less pop-country/nu-country/whatever phrase some chump made up, more country as written and performed by someone with a deep appreciation for what came before her and an astute understanding of what is happening now, shunning as she does, many overt pop sensibilities in favour of old style country tinged with modern rock style guitar sounds/effects, some blues arrangements and even portions of soul and old RnB.

I think one of the reasons I quite like this album, and to some extent the less mature but still grown up previous offering, is that I actually believe that Miranda Lambert knows what she is talking about, and what she is talking about is completely different from other artists, such as those previously mentioned, that she is nearly always lumped in with. Songs such as the restrained but rousing, Time To Get A Gun and the personal Me and Your Cigarettes simply could not be sung by the squeaky clean Taylor Swift and even the slightly more edgy Kellie Pickler, who seem content to sing songs simply about love, whether it be secret, unabashed or in one notable case, about shoes. I always feel that Miranda Lambert has simply experienced more in her life and regardless of whether she has or not, her mature and amusingly cynical take on things come through not only in her lyrics, but in the musical arrangements that accompany them.

In conclusion, I hate country music, but I rather like this.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 February 2013
I don't buy a lot of Country Music but I do like Carrie Underwood and now Miranda Lambert. I will admit I prefer her ballads to her upbeat songs. My favourite song on this album is 'The House that Built Me'.

She's a great storyteller and an excellent artist and has deserved all the awards and accolades she has received.
on 26 December 2010
I love this album from Miranda Lambert. This is the first album I have had of hers and I really enjoyed it and will be sure to buy the others! For those who haven't heard her before she sounds a little bit like Carrie Underwood and if you like her music (as I do) you will be sure to love this CD!
on 24 March 2016
I thought this might be interesting, but it is all over the place, the songs are gimmicky with horrible sound effects thrown in. One in particular is distorted with bleeps overlying the music and the background drowning out the singer. She has a good voice pity about the production on this albumin. Get a new recording studio for a more consistent feel to the album and allow your voice to be heard. Sorry I hate this album and won't be buying anymore Miranda Lambert.
on 7 October 2010
Best Album to date i cant realy say which song i like best, it is not many singers that release an album where you can say you love all the songs i would just love to see her in concert.I only hope she releases another album soon
on 20 August 2011
THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS COUNTRY SINGER HAS IT ALL, TALENT, GREAT VOICE, GREAT SONG-WRITER AND A GREAT DIRECTION IN MUSIC,

SONGS LIKE ONLY PRETTIER, DEAD FLOWERS AND AIRSTREAM SONG SHOW HER TALENT IN HER SONG WRITING.

BUY THIS ALBUM, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.
on 27 August 2015
Love this album it's great ... Love everything miranda does is Definatly recommend this to everyone
on 4 January 2016
Good modern country album by an artist not well known in UK. Definitely worth a listen.