5.0 out of 5 stars At Last!!
I have been trying for a long time to get an efficent printer....one that would do everything that I needed as a teacher. I have spent a fortune in the past on printers...here comes along one that is not only reasonably priced but also very efficent. A very good buy!
Published on 28 May 2011 by Leonora-Maria

1.0 out of 5 stars Hassle hassle hassle - now taken back after 4 days
Don't be deceived by the sleek exterior of this machine.
It is truly the most inconvenient hasslesome printer i have ever encountered.

Sold with apparently full cartridges (capacity of up to 200 pages)- after 10 pages, colours and black were streaky.
Taken back to PC world, who replaced the cartridges with colour XL - up to 600 pages) and a normal...
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by P. Xiradakis

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest and brilliant, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Lexmark Interpret S405 Wireless 4-In-1 Inkjet Printer (Electronics)
It is the cheapest in the market and its v good,cartridges are a bit expensive though

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, expensive to run and awful software, 21 Oct 2013
It's horrible to use. It installs two Windows services that run permanently, and don't seem to do anything. The printing application itself isn't very intuitive to use.

It's annoyingly slow. Before every print it seems to run a whole load of tests and cleans. It takes two minutes before it's ready to print! Every single time.

It's noisy. The printing noise isn't too bad. But every five hours or so it makes random loud chirps and beeps. Normally at 4am. I can't even work out what it's doing! It can't be cleaning itself: it spends two minutes doing that before every print. So we switch it off when we're not using it; which defeats the whole point of having a network printer.

It's expensive. The ink is ridiculously expensive and it burns through it.

We never tried the fax, or the copying. I tried to get the OCR text scanning to work, but it wouldn't install from the CD.
But (for its one star) the basic scanner is good. We are keeping it for that, and buying a new (non-Lexmark) printer to actually print things.

5.0 out of 5 stars printer, 17 Feb 2012
brilliant printer prints great pictures and is good for day to day use would recco
mmend this printer as a great all round printer/sanner/copier

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Love this printer!, 12 Jan 2012
Was a bit worried when I first ordered this printer as all the views I had read were not very good! However I have no bad words to say about this printer than how fantastic it is! The ink last a good amount of time, colour photos are of a brilliant quality! All in all 10/10

1.0 out of 5 stars be warned, this is a good scanner, but lousy printer, 14 Nov 2010
G. Mastrangelo (England) - See all my reviews
Having had to return a Lexmark 9000 series , I thought I would give Lexmark the benifit of the doubt and went again, This time it was thwe Interpret.
Had printing prblems from day one. Thought it was the ink cartridges, replaced them not once but twice.
If I got 20 pages from three sets of catridges youd call me a lier.
at over 50 per ink set, its the most expensive printing I have done.
Twice tried Lexmark,
both time they came up useless.
Will try another make

4.0 out of 5 stars good printer for price, 30 Sep 2010
J. Purdey (manchester) - See all my reviews
I have had this printer for about 4 weeks. I do a lot of printing for business and have found the ink to perform as good as other printers. The ink supplied however only lasted a couple of days which was disappointing as the other reviews mention. Print quality is very good and precise. Photo printing has been excellent quality. Cartridges are easy to replace. Very easy to set up (about 15 mins)I chose this because it had everything i need, copy ,scan ,fax ,card slots ,wireless, cheaper ink , document feeder. Control panel is very easy to use. There is on screen help and you can monitor the ink levels from your computer. I would definitely recommend this printer.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good for me, 31 Aug 2010
I don't recognise the complaints of the previous two reviewers, I actually got it from PC World as well and I found the supplied cartridges to last really well. I previous had a wireless Epson printer which I really liked but the cost of the epson cartridges were too expensive.

I have had other makes of printer, just about everyone, and I find this Lexmark pretty good. I wished it printed onto cd/dvd but there you can't have everything and the Duplex of this printer is a bit misleading imo. In previous printers where I had Duplex printing it meant it printed on both sides of the paper this printer it prints 2 pages side by side and the print is really small.

After watching the gadget show I am tempted to look at the Kodak ones as they said it offered the cheapest printing and the quality was excellent but this one will do for now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish - worked OK on on my HP laptop ..., 7 July 2014
Absolute rubbish - worked OK on on my HP laptop running windows 7, but after an "update" to windows 8 (and 8.1) it never worked again. Strangely, it works ok off an old netbook using windows 8.1, so no idea why so much hassle. Wish i'd have bought something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money, 8 Jun 2014
Biggest pile of junk I ever had. Looks classy on exterior but rubbish on interior . Will pack in after about 14 months . Normallly new printhead required . and this is as expensive 60.00 as an almost new printer. The ink lasts about 2 weeks and replacement cartridges cost about 25 and you need 4 of these . Yes thats 100. Would NEVER NEVER buy anything lexmark again. Also cheaper ink WILL NOT work in this printer. They have set the firmware so it will not work properly with anything other than their expensive ink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Printer, 20 April 2013
This printer was bought for my son and he is very pleased with it in every respect thank you very much.