4.0 out of 5 stars Another collection of stunning compositions by Ludovico Einaudi, 20 July 2011
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nightbook (MP3 Download)
I already owned the 'Una Mattina' album and when I saw this reviewed by another Amazon user, I decided to download it. Once again, I wasn't disappointed by the beauty of Einaudi's compositions. This is a slightly darker, more sombre album to 'Una Mattina', and more complexly orchestrated as most tracks seem to feature strings as well as the piano. 'Lady Labyrinth' also features a rhythm track. The tempo of 'Eros' and 'Nightbook' has a definite cinematic quality to it, with a persistant beat and crescendo; I wonder if this music has already been used in films? My absolute track of all is 'Reverie' - a really beautiful, simple instrumental song which will be stuck inside your head for days to come.

I would definitely recommend this album to anyone who has just discovered Ludovico Einaudi and wants to hear more of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this man's music, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nightbook (MP3 Download)
Some of it can be little samey and some hard to listen to but nevertheless I always find something to enjoy on his albums. I have friends who don't consider modern music to be classical and feel they miss out on music by people like Einaudi. Yet when it is used on TV they love it and wonder who wrote it!

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Nightbook (MP3 Download)
If you don't already have any Einaudi you should go and buy islands right now, don't even stop and think about it, buy it and spend the rest of your life wishing you had discovered it sooner. If you already have islands and you're hungry for more then this album is more of the same in fact some of it is literally the same! So you may choose to just download the individual tracks that are new depending on the current album price. This album is in my top 5 favorite classical albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Classic Einaudi, But Still Beautiful, 30 Sep 2012
Samuel (MAIDSTONE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbook (MP3 Download)
Many of you will be used to Ludovico Einaudi's music being just a Piano solo, but not these which is why I would recommend listeing to the previews first, just to check that you like the beautiful mix of both percussion and piano, I certainly do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 1 Dec 2009
A. Dixon "Borderline Psychotic Codemonkey" (Astley, Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbook (MP3 Download)
Its a truely fantastic album - its great for listening to at work whilst coding..

Nightbook