5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!
I have several exercise related games for the Wii,
but have ended up not feeling motivated enough to
use them on a regular basis.

I purchased this game with the hopes that it would
provide me with enough motivation, to switch it on,
and 'just dance' to lose a few pounds.

Now, I haven't had this game that long, but I can...
Published on 24 Dec 2009 by JO

3.0 out of 5 stars It's lots of fun, but...
Picture the scene roughly a year ago: I uttered the dread words '...I wonder if we can get a game for the Wii that eldest daughter would enjoy playing too?' Said daughter, now five, loves dancing and adores upbeat pop music. Someone at Ubisoft must have picked up this little thought and generated this game. Spooky, eh?

The Music Playlist.
I am in my...
Published on 12 Feb 2010 by Captain Cowchucker

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!, 24 Dec 2009
I have several exercise related games for the Wii,
but have ended up not feeling motivated enough to
use them on a regular basis.

I purchased this game with the hopes that it would
provide me with enough motivation, to switch it on,
and 'just dance' to lose a few pounds.

Now, I haven't had this game that long, but I can
definitely say its a winner all round.
After a few dances, I feel I've had a better work-out
than on any of the other games I have.

My 15 year old daughter loves it, and my seventeen
year old son has found it hilarious to watch my
efforts.

I am totally happy with my purchase, and I have already
recommended it to other family members, and I shall
definitely purchase any subsequent editions of this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best fun you can have, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
i purchased this wii game because my doctor says i have to lose some weight before they can do an operation on me
anyhow i dont like exercising so i thought i would give this a go,i thought it was going to be hard going
but it was the best fun you have on your own or with friends they do a warm up first which at first was all i could manage.the songs are great they do short versions and full songs to be honest i have not got that far yet.
my sister in law came round the other day and we never laughed so much there are competitive games i would really recommend this game because its great fun for everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy!!!!, 4 Dec 2009
S. Clark (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
I had to buy this game as soon as i saw it advertised on the TV!! And it has lived up to my expectations. This game is fantastic; it fun, a good workout & would be great for parties. I was worried about what songs would be on there but dont worry they're all great!! Its also a great gift idea. If i hadnt brought all my christmas presents i would definately be buying this game for one of my friends/family!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enegetic fun, 2 Nov 2009
Chris (Doncaster, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
I tried this at Meadowhall (shopping centre) while they were advertising it. I thoroughly enjoyed playing on it. Easy to use, and fun to play. Its easy to get points, and its really easy to set up. For the price, and ideal Christmas present or birthday, or just to treat yourself or a friend or family member. I would recommend this to anyone who liked Dance Mat games on the PS1/2 etc and anyone who cant stand still. The lyrics are on screen too, so you can sing and dance.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Dec 2009
SJA (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
Bought this for an after school club went down a treat excellent value for money. There was loads of us doing it regardless of only 4 remotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Which tracks?, 5 Jan 2010
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
There are "around 30 famous tracks available from many different genres such as contemporary 80's, 90's, Disco, rock, pop, r `n' b and more", including:

-Katy Perry - Hot `n' Cold

-MC Hammer - U can't touch this

-Fame - in the style of Irene Cara (cover)

-Deee-Lite - Groove is in the heart

-Blondie - Heart of Glass

-The Beach Boys - I Get Around

-Gorrilaz - Dare

-The Gym All-Stars - Womaniser

-KC and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)

-Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman - I Like To Move It (Radio Mix)

-Kim Wilde - Kids in America

-Chic - Le Freak

4.0 out of 5 stars Just dance and make a fool of yourself, 16 April 2010
C. Buck (UK) - See all my reviews
==Introduction==

Dance games have been popular in arcades and on consoles now for the past decade. All previous games have relied on the player placing their feet in certain positions in time to the music. Just Dance for the Wii however brings a much needed change of focus to this genre of game, now your hand and arm movements are they key to big scores but does it work or will it just sell thousands of copies to people desperate to lose a few pounds after binge eating over Christmas?

==Getting Started==

I actually bought this game for my 9 year old daughter who fancies herself as a bit of a dancer. She loaded the game up with excitement, not really knowing what to expect.

The first thing the game requests you do is a warm up. This is a nice gentle introduction to the game which is designed to get your muscles working in preparation for the more strenuous routines that are to follow. If this is the first time you have played the game, doing the warmup really is essential as it allows you to get used to the way the game works. In a similar vain to the yoga poses in Wii fit, you have to follow the actions of the on screen silhouette, making sure you keep in time. Although points are not awarded for the warmup, it is worth taking it seriously in order to get your mind focused on the task ahead. The warmup lasts for approximately 4 minutes and you can choose to skip it completely or cancel it at any stage.

==The Game itself==

The actual game has no real structure or story. It is a simple case of pick a song, dance to it, view your score and them start all over again. I am indifferent as to whether this is a good idea or not. There are however a number of modes, just to add a little variety. All dance routines have been designed and choreographed by professional dancers.

Quick game - Here you get to choose a track from one of the 30 plus original tracks included with the game. Each track is rated on a 3 star system for both difficulty and effort. I have found this to be an accurate guide, one which should help you burn off the calories without having to perform anything too complex. For each track you get to choose either a short version of the full length track. Depending on which track you choose, you will find that in some cases the short version is more than enough to get you puffing and panting. Each move you make is categorised as either Great, OK or a miss depending on the timing. You can also perform combo moves which are a series of perfectly executed moves in sequence. I personally, am still to achieve one of these but my daughter is able to pull them off frequently which proves that they can be achieved once you have got over the initial learning curve.

At the end of the track, the game shows you the stats of your performance, breaking it down into total score, % great, % ok, %miss and number of combos achieved. It goes without saying that the majority of my moves ended up in the miss section but even so, I was still tired after the workout so I suppose, even if you are not very good at the game, you will still get the benefit out of playing it.

Challenge mode - This is similar to quick mode but with far greater configuration. You can now choose your own rules and also choose which choreography you want to dance to. I found this mode useful when I fancied a change but it wont be one that I use often.

Last one standing - This is a very good mode for seeing how far you have progressed. You start with 7 lives at the beginning of the song and lose a life with each missed move. When all your lives have gone then its game over and the song stops. You can earn extra lives by completing 5 great move combos. This mode is fun in a multiplayer environment where you are trying to last longer than your family and friends.

Strike a pose - This mode again, is best suited to parties when the drink has been flowing for a while. In simple terms, this game is musical statues, when the light is green you have to dance in time with the music. When the light changes to red you have to stay still in whatever position you are currently in. If you move whilst the red light is on then you stand to lose a lot of points. I enjoyed this mode a lot, it will bring out the competitive streak in anyone and the winner is not decided until the very last minute.

==Track List==

In total, the game consists of 32 tracks. These tracks cover music across the generations so there should be something for everyone here. What I did find a little bit strange is that, after naming the game Just Dance, the Lady Gaga track of the same name was not included. This doesn't take anything away from the game whatsoever but it just puzzled me personally.

Acceptable in the 80's - Calvin Harris
A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley
Bebe - Divine Brown
Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
Hot n' Cold - Katy Perry
Dare - Gorillaz
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor (Rocky)
Fame - In the style of Irene Cara (cover)
Funplex CSS - The B 52's
Wannabe - The Spice Girls
Who Let the Dogs Out? - Baha Men
Womanizer - Britney Spears

==Verdict==

Playing this game over Christmas gave me the opportunity to turn my Wii on for the first time in months. After playing beautiful HD games on my Xbox, this game looked very basic on the eye, but what it lacks in graphical beauty, it certainly makes up for in gameplay. I bought this game for my daughter after seeing an advert on the TV for it. I was a bit impulsive and hadn't even read a review about it so I had no idea if it was any good or not. As soon as she started dancing to the first song, it was obvious that this game would be a massive hit. From my experience, playing this game for half an hour each day will get you out of breath a lot more than playing Wii Fit (I haven't played Wii Fit plus so cannot comment on that version) and it is streets ahead of Wii Fit in terms of entertainment. You can play with upto 4 people at a time but logistically, this is impossible unless you are lucky enough to have a massive playing area. We found even 2 players to be difficult as quite often we were bumping into each other.

This game will appeal to people of all ages, the kids will love it, parents will love it, even grandparents will be hard pushed not to get up for a boogie. I would seriously recommend this game to any Wii owner. It is great fun which will keep you entertained for hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Dance (Wii), 12 April 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this game to add a bit of excitement to my exercise regime & I haven't been disappointed. After reading so many previous positive reports I decided to go ahead and buy it to see for myself and it's great. I haven't competed with anyone yet! As a 60 year old, it keeps me up-to-date with some of the rap numbers as well as being able to sing along while working out to the old time greats of my era. The only criticism is that some of the moves are a bit frantic - you find yourself a little bemused trying to work out what the arms & legs are doing, but I guess as you repeat the song, you learn the moves more easily. It gives you more of a work out than the Wii Fit and I do find that I work up more of a sweat. I would definitely recommend this game. It's great entertainment.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's lots of fun, but..., 12 Feb 2010

The Music Playlist.
I am in my late 30s. I am old enough to remember the likes of 'Le Freak' and 'Heart Of Glass' from the odd wedding disco I endured back in the day. I remember having a nice fuzzy warm feeling inside when Kim Wilde was on Top Of The Pops singing 'Kids In America'. That Dee-lite song was on that really good college mix-tape that your friends loved, along with those oh-so-predictable Spice Girls, Blur and Cindy Lauper songs. You know the ones. There's a nod to late 80s/early 90s pop like Technotronic and MC Hammer that you hated at the time, yet thanks to nostalgia these songs now seem catchy, disposable and above all fun. And finally there are a couple of more contemporary songs from Katy Perry and Gorillaz that are, again, fun and a bit of a giggle to dance to. Only a couple of the tracks are irredeemably naff (Rednex's 'Cotton Eye Joe' and Baha Men's 'Who Let The Dogs Out', which is a pretty good hit rate. Better still, the majority of the songs are by the original artists. Admittedly your average teenager would probably baulk at this playlist. Certainly I would have if an equivalent game had existed back in the late 1980s when it was all Fields of the Heffalump around these parts. For those plummeting towards middle age like yours truly the playlist is spot on, it really is. The music quality is excellent too. My only criticism of the music is the brevity of the playlist. 30 songs really isn't particularly good value for money, especially when you can't download additional songs.

Graphics and Gameplay:
The graphics are nothing special but they are clear and fit for purpose. Unlike certain dance-based rhythm games I could mention, working out what to do is comparitively easy - just watch the dancer do their stuff and copy them. If you make a passable impression of them, your counter increases. Thanks to the dancer and the pictograms it's easy to figure out what you should be doing, how to do it and how to customise the move as your dancing improves. I was particularly taken with the Lady Miss Kier avatar in the 'Groove Is In The Heart' song; just how I remember her looking in the video. What isn't obvious, however, is the significance of the little flashing triangle at the bottom. Just copying said dancer isn't enough; you need to co-ordinate your gibbon-like flailing to start and end in time with the flashing. This is trickier than it looks; until we worked this out, poor Mrs K's damn fine impression of the Technotronic dancer resulted in little reward. It's also tricky to watch the pulse of the triangle *and* watch the dancer shaking their thang at the same time, but that comes with time.

The dance moves may be 'real' (according to the packaging), but this is not a game for the self-conscious. Forget how cool the dancers look on the screen; they are trained professionals and they can make even the gimpiest, lamest dance moves look slick and impressive. You, Joe or Josephine Punter, will look like an injured octopus in a hurricane. You will give your nearest and dearest endless amusement, especially if your Middle Aged Dad/Mum dancing gene has kicked in. Live with it - remember you are having FUN!

Three of your friends can play at the same time as you. This is fun, if perilous for any passing small children and pets.

More seriously, I have the distinct feeling that the motion sensing engine for this game is a tweaked version of the one in the Raving Rabbids TV Party 'Strictly Come Idle' section. Simple movements are detected without any trouble (up and down, left and right), while more complicated moves - especially diagonal ones - have to be performed *just so* otherwise your toiling will be in vain. This was frustrating in the RR game and is equally frustrating here.

Unlike the Dance Dance Revolution games where you can try the same song at several levels of difficulty, there is only one difficulty level per song here. That's a bit of a rip-off in my opinion.

Overall Assessment
This is a serviceable dancing rhythm game with good music for the casual gamer market. You aren't going to find depth of game play here; just a virtual gym instructor telling you what to do and then grading your efforts. It's simple enough for everyone to have a go; this is both an asset and a liability. All of the songs are unlocked from the get go, getting around that frustrating 'I'd like to have a go at Song X but can't because I'm too rubbish' problem that prevails in, say, Guitar Hero. The downside to this is that you are aware of the limitations of the game out of the box; 30 songs with one skill level and that's it. The game is great for a party situation but I can't imagine anyone buying and playing this for months.

My daughter *loves* this game, by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the girls round and boogie!, 10 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
Bought this game partly for me to have a fun workout rather than using a conventional workout game and also for Xmas when the family are around, as I thought my mum, sister and niece would love it when they visit over Xmas.
My niece is only 5 and I think she would be able to have fun with some of the simpler dances...she might even be better than the rest of us!!!!
I think its a great game for all ages and fitness levels.
The one disappointment is that there is no running man dance move in MC Hammer's Can't Touch This

Just Dance (Wii)
Just Dance (Wii) by Ubisoft (Nintendo Wii)