5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Published on 19 Aug. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good
i bought this product because i was fed up of buying smelly devices for my home.it works very well,leaves you a bit congested thou.but that is only downside i have seen.this product masks any smells in area,and its a large area.it smells hospital fresh.i throughly recommend this product as a plug in and forget about.it works .
Published on 3 Feb. 2010 by Razzmatt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 3 Feb. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 19 Aug. 2010
Amazon Customer (Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compact odour remover
I was a bit sceptical about this product because of the low price, but I was very impressed what good quality it is. It is very robust, - easy to use: just connect the lead and plug it in and switch on. I have a large lounge and noticed after a couple of hours how fresh the room was, and I only had the unit on in the low setting. Much better than any air fresheners I have wasted my money on in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Compact odour remover
On moving house, it was found that one of the small bedrooms, which had a laminate floor, also had a lingering sulphurous malodour. It has not been possible to trace the cause of this. Leaving the window in the 'vent' position was enough to keep the air clear, but the odour returned whenever the window was closed fully. An alternative solution was to deal with the odour in some other way. A search of Amazon revealed this product, which claimed that it not only destroyed the chemicals that formed odours, but bacteria and viruses as well, and in addition giving off negative ions.

The price seemed modest, and so one was ordered. The product, although small and lightweight, seemed to be made of quality plastic, and was good-looking in an anonymous hi-tech way. It was placed in the offending bedroom, the wall wart was plugged in, the unit switched to the 'low' setting, and left to perform its function.

It took 24 hours to remove the odour, and has been left on using the 'low' setting since then. It would seem to have fulfilled its claimed functions very well indeed.

In use the Low setting is very quiet, but might be noticeable in a small bedroom at night. The High setting is louder, as might be expected, but in a larger room should not be objectionable, especially if tucked away in a remote corner. The unit consumes about 3W of electricity, which is hardly a burden. The unit itself requires 12V DC, so those with the requisite knowledge could make a suitable cable to connect it to a 12V DC supply for use in a caravan, etc.

There is a titanium oxide filter that needs to be brushed clean occasionally, but the unit has not been in use long enough to require this attention.

A bracket is supplied if the unit is to be hung on a wall.

This is a thoroughly effective product and has earned its five-star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased-value for money, 29 Jan. 2011
A (St. Albans, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compact odour remover
I had been subject to a lot of neighbour smells. One of my neighbours left smelly shoes outside and the smell found it's way into my bedroom in my warddrobe and my bed. I had a second neighbour who cooked very spicy food and that all brought smells and mixed with the other. One day I just couldnt smell any clean air. I bought this item and it is wonderfull. All the smells in my room including the clothes and the bed were all gone in 24 hours. The instrument is very quiet (very quiet fan)and the air smells like I have had the windows open all day. The room does not smell of anything anymore. It was a relief that I can have a clean flat agaian after one year of frustration of air freshners.
I need quiet for nighttime and on low it does makes a quiet noise (quieter than aircons). I slept through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Dec. 2010
D Merrick (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compact odour remover
Fab - just buying my second - maybe later a third :)
Quiet, uses almost no power. Haven't suffered any of the 'flus and coughs this year because it kills viruses and other germs - i've left this running whenever needed; presumably when germs are left in a dead or disabled state you can become immune to them without catching them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Compact odour remover
I bought one of these for my elderly mother as her cat uses a litter tray and the house smelled a bit. It does appear to significantly reduce the smell although the filter does need cleaning every couple of weeks. But given the price, I think that it is a reasonably good product that 'does what it says on the tin'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Compact odour remover
I bought this item to try and get rid of the smell of stale cigarette smoke in my bedroom as I smoke while working on the computer in my room. I was a bit sceptical as to whether it would work or not but was pleased to find out that it works great. Only a couple of hours after I plugged it in the room smelt really fresh. There is a slight hum from the fan when set on high which might bother some people but when set on low it shouldn't bother even the lightest of sleepers (assuming you will be using it in a bedroom like I do). It definitely beats trying to mask the smell with expensive air-fresheners. It seems to be a very well made and effective air purifier for its size and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats covering up odours, 7 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Compact odour remover
This product WORKS!. I regualrly bought various air freshener products as i have an open plan kitchen area and found it difficult to remove cooking smells.This item seems to do it well.. and does not just mask the smell with an over powering fragrance.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 3 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Compact odour remover
i cant believe this! this item is so small i was shocked when it came to be honest, i thought that wont do what i need it to do!! which is get the smell of smoke out the dining room. I plugged it in put it on full and left it! i walked in a few hours later (quite big room )and the smell was gone! and for the first time in years the smell had completley gone and it was fresh in there, my partner smokes in the dinning room everyday so the smell is everywhere in there and it lingers i do not go in there anymore as the smell burnt m,y nose and made me sneeze, i had tried every thing but this gizmo has done it i cant believe it!!! and it was cheap to as i got it on offer too !! i am very impressed with this product, so much so that i am going to by a few for the family and another two for my home give this a go u will be pleasantly surprised at how fresh it leaves the house nd it also kills all t he germs and virus's in the air to which for me was a bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh air indoors., 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Compact odour remover
Its small, it uses bugger all electricity, it runs all day on low power and my living room has never smelt fresher.

It's a little noisy (even on low) but nothing excessive.

It works, it works well and I have gone and bought a second one for the bedroom!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›